Half of Tampa 3G network crashes

pyroscott

Well, at least it wasn't as bad as Verizon's network failures. Half of the EVDO coverage in Tampa FL went down for over an hour as an router failed at one of their wireless switches.

Is this a precursor to more incidents? It sounds to me like a isolated incident.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/sprint-outage-affects-half-of-tampa-market

• Like 1

Yeah, that was kinda crappy, but at least Clear's 4G network doesn't disappoint here. A little extra battery drain, but I was able to use data and Google Talk for texting while the network was down.

Hopefully the recent problems around here were Network Vision related....

• Like 1

ya know, I've been a Sprint customer for quite sometime, and I cannot recall ever experiencing a network outage. Data can be slow at times, but I have to give credit where credit is due.. Sprints network is very reliable.

ya know' date=' I've been a Sprint customer for quite sometime, and I cannot recall ever experiencing a network outage. Data can be slow at times, but I have to give credit where credit is due.. Sprints network is very reliable.[/quote']

We had an outtage here in New Mexico about three weeks ago for 48 hours. Some guy on a backhoe cut through a fiber optic line and took down the whole Sprint network from Albuquerque to Taos. We were all stuck roaming on Cricket, which couldn't handle the entire Sprint network being dumped on it. It really stunk.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

We had an outtage here in New Mexico about three weeks ago for 48 hours. Some guy on a backhoe cut through a fiber optic line and took down the whole Sprint network from Albuquerque to Taos. We were all stuck roaming on Cricket, which couldn't handle the entire Sprint network being dumped on it. It really stunk.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

Ouch. That really sucked. Last time I was in Pahrump I was having problems maintaining a connection to Sprint towers and kept roaming on Verizon. I think it was because of the wild winds we were having.