Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Knowledgeable guy at Sprint said Lancaster would have LTE in 2 to 3 weeks. I told him a guy working on the tower said 3-4 days 3 weeks ago. He said take it to the bank... 2-3 weeks in Lancaster. Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Definitely sounds like a possibility. They're behind on those sites. Should have been 3G accepted, which leading to patterns should have given LTE this week.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Anybody still snowed in? I have a few co workers who live in the City of Columbus who still havent seen a plow.

Also, how long does it take to be updated to a sponsor? I pay palled some funds the other day. Thanks CJ

Edited by cjinohio03

I know this is a massive undertaking, but back in early Oct I thought Columbus ( meaning within 270 circle ) would be a bit more developed by Feb/March... Areas outside of 270 have seen outstanding change.. but 4 months later there is only 1 MORE 1900 LTE tower since Oct.. the other 2 1900 LTE towers ( inside 270 ) were there.

Yes, I know some of you are going to mention "if I had a G2" or other 2500 capable phone.. but the reality is most of us are stuck in a contract and we can't upgrade for some time.  Sprint should be speeding up the process for the majority of Sprint customers on 1900 phones that will be for months at least..

Anybody still snowed in? I have a few co workers who live in the City of Columbus who still havent seen a plow.

Also, how long does it take to be updated to a sponsor? I pay palled some funds the other day. Thanks CJ

I luckily am in a condo neighborhood with contracted services, so my streets were cleared last night.

In terms of your sponsorship. It's normally same day within a few hours. Let me see if I can wake someone up for you.

Edit: Post here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

I know this is a massive undertaking, but back in early Oct I thought Columbus ( meaning within 270 circle ) would be a bit more developed by Feb/March... Areas outside of 270 have seen outstanding change.. but 4 months later there is only 1 MORE 1900 LTE tower since Oct.. the other 2 1900 LTE towers ( inside 270 ) were there.

Yes, I know some of you are going to mention "if I had a G2" or other 2500 capable phone.. but the reality is most of us are stuck in a contract and we can't upgrade for some time.  Sprint should be speeding up the process for the majority of Sprint customers on 1900 phones that will be for months at least..

Back in the fall, we had insight that about 60% of the market would be LTE 1900 complete by end of February. It's look like that percentage will be around 40-50%. We were hoping that insight included inside 270, but unfortunately our personal forecasting was wrong. In terms of Central Columbus (Inside 270) at this point is looking more like March/April/May according to some recent insight we've received. Only time will tell. I'll be the first to tell you that most of us aren't happy about it, but it appears that's where we are.

Let me add: Immediately outside of 270 shouldn't be this long. Us spotters, are already seeing things falling into place.

• Like 1

Anyone know when 4G LTE will be available in the Gahanna/Blacklick area 43230/43004? On Jan. 25th, I got a text from Sprint saying, "Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever!"

When will it actually be available to use it?

Anyone know when 4G LTE will be available in the Gahanna/Blacklick area 43230/43004? On Jan. 25th, I got a text from Sprint saying, "Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever!"

Forecasted for Late March/April/Early May last I checked.

Keep in mind that text was site Country-wide.  So it has no bearing at all on your service being completed.  We all agree, it is a terrible marketing gimmick that just misinforms customers.  Thankfully, you are on S4GRU so you will stay much more informed than most.

EDIT: Also, we do not have many spotters in that area.  If you are available and willing you should become a sponsor.  This will allow you to see a Google Maps version of all Sprint towers with in progress towers and completed towers.  We can always use an extra set of eyes.

• Like 1

3G went live in Pataskala and Newark areas this morning around midnight. Lancaster should be tonight or tomorrow night.

• Like 2

3G went live in Pataskala and Newark areas this morning around midnight. Lancaster should be tonight or tomorrow night.

Cool. I'll be coming through Pataskala on 310 from 161 this afternoon. I assume we're talking 3G, or is this LTE? I can't remember if they launched 3G yet there, and am too lazy to look at the map.

• Like 2

What does 3g accepted mean exactly... AMC said it would be 800 and faster data on 3g... More capacity I assume... I think that's most of it.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

3G accepted means you will have better call clarity since you're now using Sprint's 3G NV service. The site is probably going to be 1x800 accepted as well, which will give you better indoor and further voice coverage. In terms of better data speeds on 3G, that is only if backhaul has been provided to the site. It's possible 3G accepted sites haven't received backhaul yet, in those cases, you'll have better voice quality, but still suffer poor data speeds. BUT, we believe many and most of the Pataskala/Newark sites already have backhaul. BTW, it's the same backhaul that will provide LTE service.

• Like 1

And got this which is the fastest speed I've gotten, especially at high noon. 3g turned on?Posted Image

This site used to show up as High Street in Lancaster. Posted Image

Looks to me that the tower has been NV upgraded. Hopefully you'll see LTE soon!
  • Like 2