Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Seen a crew at the Hamilton rd and 161 tower. Don't know if it's Sprints.

There are several carriers on that site. 2 weeks ago, they were there with a backhoe digging to put in fiber (spools where there). Hopefully it's going to our team!!

• Like 1

It was Hamilton rd little turtle way area. I managed to get a screen shot for LTE. If this is that towere4a9u5ug.jpgny2a4a9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More info can be found in the sponsor side, but 244 is being bounced from another site and repeated from the Ulry/161 site. It is not being directly transmitted from that site.

Got the email from Sprint saying that the New Network is in my area. Columbus isn't in the scroll down menu tho

The word "Area" is a broad term when it comes to Sprint but there very well may be NV 3G in your "Area" already, just not LTE yet.

Got the email from Sprint saying that the New Network is in my area. Columbus isn't in the scroll down menu tho

Right, hasn't been officially launched yet. Numbers/percentages on how many sites are launched are on the member side.

I have a snicky suspicion that there's some political crap going on with that site. I work in Grandview Heights and deal with the city for some building projects. For the most part they are easy to get along with. Maybe the school is being a hiccup in upgrading that site. 

The high school football field has two other towers besides the sprint tower on it. One is an AT&T and I'm not sure about the other. The school has to be making a killing of of leasing spotlight towers. I'm guessing maybe they won't allow upgrades to begin because it's track season and a lot of people are using the track and field. Maybe they don't want construction to interfere. 

OK. I sent another donation to access the map and spreadsheet. Remind me, when/how can I log back in?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Give Robert a few hours to wake up and I'm sure he'll have to handled after reviewing your donation.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Network upgrades...... They were coming at warp speed for a minute, but now its more like molasses ...

There are still to many holes in areas that are finished.. SE Columbus by the Reynoldsburg Walmart is LTE everywhere..

But as soon as you go to Cracker Barrel only a mile away LTE goes bye bye.. Even outside the restaurant my son was flipping from LTE to 3g on his LG G2 ( only 1.00 at best buy right now )..

Network upgrades...... They were coming at warp speed for a minute, but now its more like molasses ...

There are still to many holes in areas that are finished.. SE Columbus by the Reynoldsburg Walmart is LTE everywhere..

But as soon as you go to Cracker Barrel only a mile away LTE goes bye bye.. Even outside the restaurant my son was flipping from LTE to 3g on his LG G2 ( only 1.00 at best buy right now )..

answered here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/page-143&do=findComment&comment=314724

There's nothing super secret to say about this. Sprint is upgrading towers. They've replaced old equipment with new, moved the RF amps to the tops of towers which has reduced cable losses and increased signal output. That much is noticeable in the field. What Sprint has not done except in a very few cases is to install new sites. Where there were gaps, there are fewer or in a lot of cases the gaps got smaller.They're still trying to cover areas with the same towers that were designed for analog service years ago that used to broadcast at many many more watts of power than the current technologies. Buildings continue to be built, spring has brought life to empty tree branches and most Sprint sites have their antennas on the lower sections of the towers. All of this equates to the need for Sprint to build new sites which thus far they have not done.

Also keep in mind all this new technology is working with between 0.100 to 0.0001 watts of power. 

There's nothing super secret to say about this. Sprint is upgrading towers. They've replaced old equipment with new, moved the RF amps to the tops of towers which has reduced cable losses and increased signal output. That much is noticeable in the field. What Sprint has not done except in a very few cases is to install new sites. Where there were gaps, there are fewer or in a lot of cases the gaps got smaller.They're still trying to cover areas with the same towers that were designed for analog service years ago that used to broadcast at many many more watts of power than the current technologies. Buildings continue to be built, spring has brought life to empty tree branches and most Sprint sites have their antennas on the lower sections of the towers. All of this equates to the need for Sprint to build new sites which thus far they have not done.

Also keep in mind all this new technology is working with between 0.100 to 0.0001 watts of power. 

I think completed 2500 is going to help overall service, but I have a feeling that it won't be until 800 LTE is out will some of those coverage holes be fixed.. 

• Like 1

So Is Spark possibly active in Columbus?  I finally picked up my S5 yesterday (Online easy pay) and The Star Icon has been present most of the time with the LTE icon, Everything I've found says this is a notification of being on spark...  Speeds up a little bit over the S4 (10-15Mbps Dn avg), But that could simply be a tech boost...  Thoughts?

(Sorry for the Link, Attachments are being goofy for me today)

I've been totally dropping data (no 3G, 4G, nothing) in Short North, Hilltop, and Worthington for a few weeks now.  Considering the level of completion in some of those markets, my thoughts on the network upgrades range from slightly negative to horrendous.  Perhaps it will get better.  But as of now, I'm just waiting out my contract.  

So to say there's coverage holes is an understatement.  I'll note that 5+ years ago I never had issues in Short North, and in fact could impress others with how far inside various bars in the neighborhood I'd have coverage.  But today I got the triangle exclamation point standing outside of my gym on High and 2nd.  That's...not good.

So Is Spark possibly active in Columbus? I finally picked up my S5 yesterday (Online easy pay) and The Star Icon has been present most of the time with the LTE icon, Everything I've found says this is a notification of being on spark... Speeds up a little bit over the S4 (10-15Mbps Dn avg), But that could simply be a tech boost... Thoughts?

(Sorry for the Link, Attachments are being goofy for me today)

The walmart icon does not mean you're accessing spark (aka b41). All spark devices (every LTE phone sprint makes from here on out) use that icon to indicate LTE. You're most likely on b25 (1900mhz). The only way to confirm its actually spark would be sponsor info, signal check pro(I recommend it), or a enginerring screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I've been totally dropping data (no 3G, 4G, nothing) in Short North, Hilltop, and Worthington for a few weeks now.  Considering the level of completion in some of those markets, my thoughts on the network upgrades range from slightly negative to horrendous.  Perhaps it will get better.  But as of now, I'm just waiting out my contract.  

So to say there's coverage holes is an understatement.  I'll note that 5+ years ago I never had issues in Short North, and in fact could impress others with how far inside various bars in the neighborhood I'd have coverage.  But today I got the triangle exclamation point standing outside of my gym on High and 2nd.  That's...not good.

Don't believe that network upgrades are finished in those areas yet. In areas where it hasn't been completed, your experience will be rocky until it is.

• Like 2

Don't believe that network upgrades are finished in those areas yet. In areas where it hasn't been completed, your experience will be rocky until it is.

The_Tom_Burns, you are a sponsor.  Please feel free to check the sponsor map / spreadsheet.  That area is nowhere near complete for NV.  What you are experiencing is the heartburn that is NV upgrades.  It will get better, dramatically so once they are complete.  The time from now until then is unfortunately unknown, but please do not judge the network based on your current situation.  Feel free to ask this question in the sponsor thread for a more detailed explanation of exact towers and their NV status.

• Like 5

What Ive found in my own experience when areas are being worked on - it is during this time - the service suffers the most.

• Like 1

Sprint has active spark sites, aka B41 running. Here's some proof.

etegu5ub.jpg

ahybapaz.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Band 41's have been on in Columbus for months. maybe more at old clearwire sites and less at new sites.. but I thought Sprint Spark was technically all three bands ......

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Sprint would use the actual physical Clearwire sites broadcast Band 41? I know the old Clearwire equipment will not be used, but I was wondering if the actual sites would.  Three blocks from where I live in Covington, Northern Kentucky,  there is a site  on the roof top of a retirement home where both Sprint and Clearwire transmit from. Just curious.

Band 41's have been on in Columbus for months. maybe more at old clearwire sites and less at new sites.. but I thought Sprint Spark was technically all three bands ......

That's what I thought, too. However, the galaxy S4 can only see 2 bands, B25 and B41, to my knowledge. On sprint's site it has spark as a feature.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk