Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Hey peeps. If you all can and when you can, take some pictures of those sites with whatever they have installed, Cabinets, RRUs, Antennas, Fiber. Whatever... I need them for database I'm working on. Send me a personal message with that information with the Site ID if you have it. Thanks in advance.

It sort of surprises me. I figured this would be one of the first towers with LTE. The pictures I took a couple months ago made me think the majority of the work was done there...except backhaul wasn't ran at that time.

Ditto - I thought a lot of work had been done there and it'd be live sooner than later.  However, I'm sure there are always reasons why another site might be started later and completed sooner due to all the contractor schedules, backhaul, etc.  Oh well, I'm sure it'll light up soon!

My commute takes me by the Jackson Rd tower that's lit up... It's like LTE is taunting me every morning and afternoon...! :-)

• Like 1

Ditto - I thought a lot of work had been done there and it'd be live sooner than later.  However, I'm sure there are always reasons why another site might be started later and completed sooner due to all the contractor schedules, backhaul, etc.  Oh well, I'm sure it'll light up soon!

My commute takes me by the Jackson Rd tower that's lit up... It's like LTE is taunting me every morning and afternoon...! :-)

Hahaha! I know what you mean. My commute takes my past the Jackson tower as well and I feel that same torture... :wacko:

• Like 1

I do use a google voice number for work and get those notifications. However, those that have my mobile use it vs the google voice number. *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Integrate your Sprint number with Google voice! It lets you keep your google voice number, but it makes your Sprint number your main google voice number. That's what I did when they first started offering it a couple of years ago. Best decision ever. Then ALL your calls, texts, voicemails are available online if you want.

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised to find a couple trucks working on laying some kind of line from the side of the road to what looks to be going to the tower on the far south end of Brice Rd. No panels on the tower (barely anything on the tower), and I don't think any cabinets, but I couldn't really see the site. Hopefully it's some kind of backhaul. That tower is as slow as molasses running uphill on a January morning.

SID 01017 near 315 & 33 on Souder Ave had fiber installed this week and two AT&T trucks there.

Unfortunately LTE does not mean better voice/text service only better data.

As for the calls that don't go through, is it because there's no cell signal? I can be sitting next to a cell and someone call me 20 times and it will never ring through. Been that way since January. Those Sprint employees would know what blocks are and when they look at my account, all my phones have very high blocks. Except when roaming or on an Airave.

Lets get a cluster of sites with fiber and turn on 800!

• Like 1

I didn't realize they ran fiber to that tower already. I know that it was ran to the tower on Main and Brice behind the Flowerama. No changes in speed has taken place though.

I honestly haven't been to look at the tower recently but they were definitely laying fiber to it, I doubt it's connected backhaul though...  I'll try to get over there tomorrow and get some pics... I haven't seen any signs of workers inside the tower gate since before the fiber started getting laid.

• Like 1

There is a brand new cell tower going up on the corner of Havens corner and Wagner out in Blacklick. Hope its gonna be getting Sprint LTE.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

post-23145-13752979346395_thumb.jpg

There is a brand new cell tower going up on the corner of Havens corner and Wagner out in Blacklick. Hope its gonna be getting Sprint LTE.

You mean Waggoner, correct? I don't see that on the sponsor side as a site to receive upgrades, but like you said, it may be a new site. Or it may not be Sprint.

You mean Waggoner, correct? I don't see that on the sponsor side as a site to receive upgrades, but like you said, it may be a new site. Or it may not be Sprint.

It actually may be a new site, there is a little hole in that area.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The one at Havens Corner and Reyn-NewAlb road isn't going to cut it.

• Like 1

I suppose multiple carrriers could be using the tower.. Would be sweet cuz it's in my area..

A huge black hole...  That would be awsome if it was a new tower, that area is nearly a blackout zone for sprint...

Slightly off topic - but this does effect Columbus:

Steve Elfman, president of network operations at Sprint, noted during the company's second-quarter earnings conference call that Sprint now plans to deploy Clearwire's 2.5 GHz spectrum on all 38,000 of its planned Network Vision cell sites and even more sites than that in a nationwide rollout. Previously, Sprint had said it would use Clearwire's spectrum as a "hotspot" LTE network to offload traffic in urban markets.

In an interview with FierceWireless, Euteneuer said SoftBank's $21.6 billion acquisition--which includes $5 billion in new capital and allowed Sprint to buy Clearwire--spurred Sprint to make the shift in strategy. The move will let Sprint add more capacity to its own FDD-LTE network, which it is still in the process of being built out. Euteneuer noted that Sprint and Clearwire originally planned to deploy Clearwire's spectrum on around 5,000 cell sites as an offload network in urban markets. Those plans are still proceeding this year, but Sprint now wants to expand that to improve the customer experience.

Read more: Sprint CFO: SoftBank deal lets us take Clearwire spectrum nationwide - FierceWireless http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-cfo-softbank-deal-lets-us-take-clearwire-spectrum-nationwide/2013-07-30#ixzz2afIYaxzM

• Like 2

Its a completely new tower, like.it wasn't there 2 days ago.

Grab pics on the base of the site if all possible. Signage, etc.

Grab pics on the base of the site if all possible. Signage, etc.

How would I do that? It doesn't have any antennas on it yet.

How would I do that? It doesn't have any antennas on it yet.

Is there anything there at the base of the tower yet?

hey, you guys talk about how bad the GNex is, well i have this question: I am currently running the stock sprint firmware, would CM or another rom make a difference for monitoring signal? I am guessing not, because I don't think any 3rd party rom replaces the radio flash. but please let me know if i am wrong. I had installed CM9 and a vanilla ICS rom i built myself in the past, but i know those use the sprint blobs for the radio.

hey, you guys talk about how bad the GNex is, well i have this question: I am currently running the stock sprint firmware, would CM or another rom make a difference for monitoring signal? I am guessing not, because I don't think any 3rd party rom replaces the radio flash. but please let me know if i am wrong. I had installed CM9 and a vanilla ICS rom i built myself in the past, but i know those use the sprint blobs for the radio.

It has to do with the hardware of the radio, not of the firmware running it.

It has to do with the hardware of the radio, not of the firmware running it.

Yeah, that flase reading on 71 north of 161 may have been me. I'm not sure but i had sensorly set to run in the background. sorry about that. i will disable it.

• Like 1

Yes they have the Cell hut installed, but still no antennas.

With me having a job where I travel a lot, I think I can confidently say that this will not be a Sprint tower. You rarely see Sprint utilize an enclosed hut like that.... not saying that they never do. I'm going to bet that is Verizon or AT&T. They typically use huts. T-Mobile and Sprint typically do not. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta