Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Good read!

I left TMobile for Sprint 'cause of the iPhone 5. I didn't want to wait for them to start carrying it. I despise VZW and ATT is worse than Sprint for service.

My wife is still with TMo and recently upgraded to the iPhone. Now she's laughing at me because she's picking up their LTE while I can barely get data to work.

She warned me. I hate it when she's right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

rf40928:

Although I already quoted you once and replied.. Later I looked at the T-Mobile LTE coverage map in Columbus.  I was surprised to see T-Mobile is barely ahead of Sprint .. T-Mobile looks to have about 4 sites versus Sprint's (as of today) 2 sites.. It won't be much longer and you'll have LTE..

I doubt T-Mobile is rolling out LTE at every site in Columbus ( the way Sprint is doing )... Sprint is bringing LTE to around 200+ sites in and around Columbus..

So what is she right about ? That she has 4G first? No biggie..

I was just looking at Sensorly and there's a ton of purple lit up from along the south 70/71 split down 71 to 270 and around to Alum Creek Drive. There's no way that one site is feeding that whole area. Especially the 70/71 split along Livingston Avenue because along that section freeway there's high ground and buildings on either side of the freeway. That's exactly how I go home. I may get overexposed to LTE radiation...

• Like 1

I definitely did my part today.  I wasn't able to snag engineering screens, was on a conference call while driving around, but I mapped an easy 400-500 points from Stringtown down Jackson Pike.  I'll re-iterate, I can't wait for LTE in my area.

• Like 1

I was just looking at Sensorly and there's a ton of purple lit up from along the south 70/71 split down 71 to 270 and around to Alum Creek Drive. There's no way that one site is feeding that whole area. Especially the 70/71 split along Livingston Avenue because along that section freeway there's high ground and buildings on either side of the freeway. That's exactly how I go home. I may get overexposed to LTE radiation...

Unfortunately, if you look at the Morse Rd tower it had quite a bit of reach as well... I bet this is only the one new tower in Grove City... :(

Unfortunately, if you look at the Morse Rd tower it had quite a bit of reach as well... I bet this is only the one new tower in Grove City... :(

I hope my guy from AT&T was right and there's plenty more fiber being installed. We shoulda taken up a pool to bribe him for more locations.

Only way to tell us when you're in the area pull up that good ol LTE engineering screen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

------------------------

rf40928:

The tower is located off Jackson Pike maybe 100 feet from 270 outerbelt..

I wouldn't call this a Grove City tower  ( Grove City more west of 71 )  The tower is located east of 71 & actually closer to  High Street by far ..  Yes, a small part of west side Grove City 'may' pick this up.. but it seems much closer to those  living, eating, walking along  High St ..as well as people commuting along 270 and 71..  Sprint's plan 'appears' to be turn on the towers along the 270 outer-belt and outer communities and work its way inside the city as it nears completion.. then again who knows what the plan is.. :lol: 

• Like 1

I'm late to the party!! Yes We have a second 1900 MHz tower and Cincy does have a 3rd. Don't know why they pop up so randomly because none of them in any of the big 3 markets in Ohio had them as being launched soon. Maybe test towers but I'm uncertain.

• Like 2

I'm late to the party!! Yes We have a second 1900 MHz tower and Cincy does have a 3rd. Don't know why they pop up so randomly because none of them in any of the big 3 markets in Ohio had them as being launched soon. Maybe test towers but I'm uncertain.

I was wondering where the hell you were at on this one slacker. :)

• Like 1

When you say "none of them" what exactly are you referring to? The computer system? We've found that in other markets, once NV starts rolling, they get further and further removed from the original schedule.

------

Well, now we have another LTE tower in Columbus .. South Columbus 270 / Jackson Road.. It's showing on sensorly and marked officially as "LTE"  on the Network Vision Complete Map ( found in the sponsor area ) ..

Well I hate to tell you, but they are gonna need to go faster than 1 tower per month to get it all done this year!

Well I hate to tell you, but they are gonna need to go faster than 1 tower per month to get it all done this year!

All markets start off slowly, and pick up steam after a couple of months. At one point in time, it was amazing to have 200 updates in a week, across the whole country! Now we have 200+ updates a day. Often once a market is on a role, it about 10 sites per week.

rf40928:

stay positive .. 

If you have access to the NV Acceptance Reports you'll see they often end up turning on 4, 5  towers a day (as things pick up)..  we're gonna look one day and realize they added several towers in one day..

Just a reminder, we just came off of three straight weeks of horrible working weather. We launched our first tower a week before that. Don't be surprised if two more towers launched this week in Columbus alone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well I would REALLY like to see 10 sites a week.

Did you guys change your plans to the new locked in unlimited data for life plans?

Nope. I just added two lines on the old Everything Data plans. No reason to pay more for something we will never use (unlimited minutes.) Especially since there's no indication that unlimited is going anywhere on the Everything Data lines. 

• Like 2

Where is it safe to post ENG screenshots? I either got the n/w and n/e sectors or two cells. I think two cells. They were offset by 4bdigits.

Anywhere. Just don't pull site IDs from the maps. Engineering screen are fine anywhere since anyone can see those.

Where is it safe to post ENG screenshots? I either got the n/w and n/e sectors or two cells. I think two cells. They were offset by 4bdigits.

If it will help...

The Stringtown/Jackson Pike site points the same directions as the Morse Road site. Southwest, Northwest and East.

The first was taken on 270 east of High Street on the south end pretty much east of the Jackson Pike tower. The second was taken at 270/71 Northwest of the Jackson Pike/270 tower.

Back to the first, being the serving cell 217, that's also southwest of the Lockbourne Rd tower if its active and north of the Parsons/Rathmell Road tower if that's a Sprint cell. I don't have my handy dandy Sprint tower map.

Thoughts? I'm still new to the ENG details decoding.

Screenshot_2013-07-24-17-17-09.png

Screenshot_2013-07-24-17-10-26.png

• Like 1

It's possible those are all the same tower. Each antenna has a different Serving Cell ID (Sector ID). 212 is one of them, 213 is another and 217 is the last. Do you know where you were when you pulled each of those numbers?

On the first screen shot I am west of the tower on Hoover Road near Stringtown. The second screen shot I am north of the tower on Dyer Road near Jackson Pike.

post-15831-0-26425500-1374704268_thumb.png

post-15831-0-20588800-1374704287_thumb.png

• Like 1

This post has been superseded by the Columbus NV Spreadsheet and Map

Columbus LTE Serving Cell IDs (Samsung Smartphones)

I'm getting some help from digiblur building a database for Columbus like he's done for NOLA,
but I'm going to keep updating this post until then. Feel free to link back to this post.

This seems where we are in terms of known Serving Cells. So if you see a new Serving Cell ID on a Samsung phone different than this, it's a new site. Cell sites are listed in order of Acceptance and/or Discovery:

Morse Road (Northland Area)

• 203 SW
  • 388 SE
  • 390 N

Stringtown/Jackson Pike site

• 212 SW
  • 213 N
  • 217 SE

Bloomfield Rd (Centerburg)

• 212 SW
  • 222 N
  • 255 SE

When you locate a new Serving Cell ID and would like to help me out. Besides posting here in the Columbus thread, if you could send me a PM with the information would help a TON!!!

Thanks for your contributions folks!

For Samsung Multiscreen folks, if you know how to do so, snap your screenshots as of such. It will show where you are on the map and the Serving Cell ID you're receiving in that spot. This is actually more important than posting your Speedtest results (even though the numbers look cool). Example below:

post-9228-13723862431006_thumb.jpg

For my HTC/LG/Moto folks, I'm still trying to figure out how yinz Serving Cells work and translate.

Edited by COZisBack
  • Like 1

The first was taken on 270 east of High Street on the south end pretty much east of the Jackson Pike tower. The second was taken at 270/71 Northwest of the Jackson Pike/270 tower.

Back to the first, being the serving cell 217, that's also southwest of the Lockbourne Rd tower if its active and north of the Parsons/Rathmell Road tower if that's a Sprint cell. I don't have my handy dandy Sprint tower map.

Thoughts? I'm still new to the ENG details decoding.

On the first screen shot I am west of the tower on Hoover Road near Stringtown. The second screen shot I am north of the tower on Dyer Road near Jackson Pike.

Thanks guys! Time to build our database!