Now this is interesting. I don't have a Triband device yet but from reading this forum it doesn't sound like Sprint Spark coverage in Orlando is even remotely operational. Am I wrong?

The better question might be, is there any good reason to pay to upgrade my LTE but non Triband phone to a Triband?

Edited by gf11speed

Last time I was in Orlando (3 weeks ago), I headed up the turnpike from the South. My destination was downtown Orlando off of Orange Ave. I didn't pick up B41 until I was in downtown. However I held onto B41 all the way until I was just south of Kissimmee.  So it's hit and miss i guess, but when it was there, it was good...

I was in Orlando 2 weeks ago and if Sprint has decided that Orlando is a Spark market now then they have me worried. Orlando is just not there in consistency or coverage.

Now this is interesting. I don't have a Triband device yet but from reading this forum it doesn't sound like Sprint Spark coverage in Orlando is even remotely operational. Am I wrong?

The better question might be, is there any good reason to pay to upgrade my LTE but non Triband phone to a Triband?

B41 is operational to some extent. only about 50% of the Clearwire sites have been upgraded in the area.. so coverage is not as robust as it could be. They need to finish the remaining Clearwire sties and add the 8T8R antennas/RRH's to NV sites to really feel the power, just like everywhere else. Backhaul is not upgraded everywhere for B41 either. Some places I get really good signal on B41 but my DL speeds top out around 17mbs. Of course I would rather be connected to one of those sites than a saturated B25 one.

It will come in due time. I doubt that B41 will be deployed to any NV Sites in the Orlando Clear footprint this year. They're more concentrated on getting the Clear sites converted and also rolling out the 8T8R to NV sites outside of Clear Footprint first. (Which WOOHOO is my area...but Boo for you guys already covered under the Clear footprint.) Lol

B41 is operational to some extent. only about 50% of the Clearwire sites have been upgraded in the area.. so coverage is not as robust as it could be. They need to finish the remaining Clearwire sties and add the 8T8R antennas/RRH's to NV sites to really feel the power, just like everywhere else. Backhaul is not upgraded everywhere for B41 either. Some places I get really good signal on B41 but my DL speeds top out around 17mbs. Of course I would rather be connected to one of those sites than a saturated B25 one.

• Like 1

It will come in due time. I doubt that B41 will be deployed to any NV Sites in the Orlando Clear footprint this year. They're more concentrated on getting the Clear sites converted and also rolling out the 8T8R to NV sites outside of Clear Footprint first. (Which WOOHOO is my area...but Boo for you guys already covered under the Clear footprint.) Lol

Actually in Chicago there have been permits issued for B41 equipment to get deployed on NV sites that are within the clear footprint, so we may see some being deployed in the area after all. I just hope they install 8T8R to the rest of the clear footprint. Also do we know what kind of B41 equipment is installed on the Clear sites in this market right now? Hopefully they decide to replace those with 8T8R too because the signals I get from the clear sites drop out way too easily.

Actually in Chicago there have been permits issued for B41 equipment to get deployed on NV sites that are within the clear footprint, so we may see some being deployed in the area after all. I just hope they install 8T8R to the rest of the clear footprint. Also do we know what kind of B41 equipment is installed on the Clear sites in this market right now? Hopefully they decide to replace those with 8T8R too because the signals I get from the clear sites drop out way too easily.

I don't think we have seen any official word yet. However I suspect replacement of the Samsung dual mode (wimax/td lte) gear will probably won't be a high priority until everything else is done...

• Like 1

I just went to a Sprint Store west of I4 near Altamonte Springs to test a Galaxy S5 and see if I could get a Sprint Spark connection. Got a 1-3Mbps Mbps speed test so I don't believe it was using any of the other bands. The employees were hawking me while I was on the phone so I couldn't test everything I would have liked but needless to say data speeds were garbage -- as they normally are. Also, I wasn't sure if I had to do anything in particular to force it to connect to a certain band so I just left it on whatever it was connected to, which I'm pretty sure was the 1.9Ghz band.

I only wish Sprint's CEO Dan Hesse would have put some of his $49 million salary into improving their network instead of laying off employees.

Edited by gf11speed
  • Like 1

Got any screenshots or anything?

Looks like an 800 voice cluster in the Maitland-Altamonte area was turned on yesterday. 

It would be the week I leave and go south that has all the acceptances and cluster launch or 800 voice. But on the positive side I haven't lost LTE in over 3 days down here.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It would be the week I leave and go south that has all the acceptances and cluster launch or 800 voice. But on the positive side I haven't lost LTE in over 3 days down here.

Where you at down south? 

Stuart where my company's office is.

I think we've had this convo before. I work in Stuart too...lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I think we've had this convo before. I work in Stuart too...lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I'm positive we have. This is what I'm getting inside my hotel.

2y2uzuru.jpg

What hotel are you at? That's pretty good? You at the Howard Johnson On US-1?

Marriot over near 95. I believe I'm connected to the same tower I use when at work.

• Like 1

Marriot over near 95. I believe I'm connected to the same tower I use when at work.

Ah ok...Yeah...that's a strong tower....For some reason when I get up in the morning and i look at my phone, I'm connected to that tower...and I'm up in Port St. Lucie...(about 10 Miles as the crow files). Crazy..lol

CSFB issues are fixed at UCF. Quicker than I had expected! Now LTE is abundant on campus, what a wonderful day. Just in time for me to graduate and move away lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Its like they did it on purpose.

• Like 1