I think the quality of PCS will improve once they fix these coverage gaps. In my area, there is pretty much LTE in all the places I would expect it to be, even inside the winn dixie across the street from the tower. I even got LTE inside a movie theater which was....surprising. Have not seen much changes with the LTE around here though. Still inactive towers over here near UCF and waterford plaza...You'd think will all these people traveling and shopping they would've set those towers to priority. Let's hope they all get up running soon.

Also: one thing I have noticed though is that when I am connected to LTE...the ping is often under 100 like they promised. The speeds sometimes lag, but again I attribute that towards not all sites being complete. 

Crickets on this thread...

How's Orlando shaping up since the launch? I've been in Chicago with my new Nexus 5 and I'm a little disappointed that I haven't seen any 800LTE yet. Got connected to band 41 LTE for a split second but NOOO it dropped back to PCS LTE pretty much right away. 

Anyway, I've been enjoying 25mbs + of LTE up here. Had a peak of 31mbs at one point. Looking forward to this in Orlando in the next few months!

No 800? Is it being blocked, because according to the maps it says pretty much every tower over there is blanketed with 3g/800/4g lol. Why would they do that?

I've noticed that alot of the inactive (No NV Activity) towers around here (Stuart/PSL) are either Stealth (Flagpoles or Huge Crosses) or are on Radio Station towers...Hopefully they start working on these soon, there is one that leaves a huge coverage gap with much to be desired...Other than that, connected to a LTE Site right next to my work I have 25Mbps on PCS LTE.

• Like 1

Crickets on this thread...

How's Orlando shaping up since the launch? I've been in Chicago with my new Nexus 5 and I'm a little disappointed that I haven't seen any 800LTE yet. Got connected to band 41 LTE for a split second but NOOO it dropped back to PCS LTE pretty much right away. 

Anyway, I've been enjoying 25mbs + of LTE up here. Had a peak of 31mbs at one point. Looking forward to this in Orlando in the next few months!

44433164.jpg

• Like 3

No 800? Is it being blocked, because according to the maps it says pretty much every tower over there is blanketed with 3g/800/4g lol. Why would they do that?

I get 1x800 all over, just not LTE on 800. I can actually make calls in my basement now, which is a huge plus. Ericcson is slacking with 800 unfortunately but Samsung has it together up here.

44433164.jpg

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

• Like 1

First day back on the UCF campus: LTE unusable, 3G worse than dial up and campus WiFi won't connect. Ericcson needs to step their game up hardcore

I second that. I just realized today that the tower I have been connecting to is the tower wayyyyy over on the campus and not the one on lake under hill. To think that tower is also serving the thousands at UCF. Yesterday noticed that the download was dropped down to like .30 on LTE and non existent upload.....No bueno.

I am not sure why they are not considering UCF and this area of high priority. There are so many people over here and now with class back...what are they thinking 

I second that. I just realized today that the tower I have been connecting to is the tower wayyyyy over on the campus and not the one on lake under hill. To think that tower is also serving the thousands at UCF. Yesterday noticed that the download was dropped down to like .30 on LTE and non existent upload.....No bueno.

I am not sure why they are not considering UCF and this area of high priority. There are so many people over here and now with class back...what are they thinking 

Probably should be hearing some Moo-ing until they get it resolved! :-D See what I did there? COW'S EH!?

• Like 1

Something is definitely wrong. Service is worse around Maitland and also near Conway downtown. I keep going into roaming and the LTE is running at speeds of 3G. Not that LTE ever really worked in the first place, but it's worse.

I too think something is up...I have been having Network issues since this morning...No eHRPD only EVDO/1x....Something smells fishy...

Orlando has been launched everybody! ENJOY! lol

Hopefully it's a good thing. Something like 800Mhz being rolled out. Maybe?

Doubt it, but if so it would be a miracle. But then I would need the nexus 5 update to enable triband anyway, so it looks like I'll have to make due. 

Anyone know how long it took in Chicago for all(most) of their issues to be resolved after they launched the market there?

Doubt it, but if so it would be a miracle. But then I would need the nexus 5 update to enable triband anyway, so it looks like I'll have to make due.

Anyone know how long it took in Chicago for all(most) of their issues to be resolved after they launched the market there?

You haven't looked in the Chicago thread lately have you?

I know they are having capacity issues and poor SNR values but I'm talking about the problems they had during the initial NV upgrade. I feel like Orlando is in that stage currently

You can't compare the two as that was Motorola to Samsung conversion market.

I thought Orlando was an Ericsson market?

I believe it is. Yesterday was connected to a tower over by valencia and had 0 down and 0 up. Went 500 feet down the road and connected to a new tower and had 20 down and 4 up. I so confuse.

I know they are having capacity issues and poor SNR values but I'm talking about the problems they had during the initial NV upgrade. I feel like Orlando is in that stage currently

It gets worse before it gets better. Now it should be getting better. Let's go!

25Mbps? Orlando LTE is weak. I get an average of probably 2 to 5Mbps down when I'm connected outside with my phone taped to a 50 ft pole I'm holding straight up in the air. Rarely do I ever see anything better than that. And it basically doesn't work indoors. I guess you get what you pay for.

This has nothing to do with what you pay for. The deployment is nowhere near done in Orlando. The speeds are because half the towers in the city have been upgraded. So 100,000 LTE users are being congested onto half the towers. As more go online, the signal strength will grow and number of users per sector will drop, creating a much better performing network. And that's just on 1900.

And then it gets even better. Adding LTE 800 will essentially double the capacity. Not just capacity, but coverage. 800MHz propagates farther and stronger. Penetrating buildings better. So adding 800MHz allows for a lot more capacity to keep speeds up and provides much better coverage. It will allow indoor/outdoor coverage to be equal to ATT and VZW and better than Tmo in the Orlando area. This work has already started in your area. It will go much faster than the original deployment because it involves no permitting and just installs carrier cards.

And it still gets even better. Sprint is adding Band 41 (TDD-LTE 2600). This allows speeds over 60Mbps. Sprint has already added some Band 41 sites in Orlando on old Clearwire WiMax sites. Sprint will convert the rest of the Orlando WiMax sites to handle Band 41 LTE by the end of 2014. Also, in 2Q 2014, Sprint will start adding Band 41 to all completed Sprint Network Vision sites. Sprint also says they will add some new Band 41 sites to add additional coverage.

All this info exists around S4GRU. However, you don't appear to have taken any time to find it and just sit there in your corner to complain. The 2-5Mbps LTE speeds are just a temporary symptom in an area in the middle of deployment. And 2-5Mbps is a nice tie over while waiting.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8

Well... Abysmal 3G speeds in my apartment. Hope they are updating the tower on alafaya and colonial on top of the raddison finally to fix that giant gap of coverage. Didn't see anything on the map though so not sure. Regardless, I'm excited

Edit: could this have anything to do with it

Well... Abysmal 3G speeds in my apartment. Hope they are updating the tower on alafaya and colonial on top of the raddison finally to fix that giant gap of coverage. Didn't see anything on the map though so not sure. Regardless, I'm excited

Edit: could this have anything to do with it

Does it say data speed or capacity upgrade? I drove by there the other day and noticed it still had legacy panels. There's also a clearwire site co-located as well, I'm curious if they put updates to the clear network on the main coverage update maps on sprint.com now.

PS at least you get 3G in your apartment lol. The all concrete structure I live in causes my phone to drop down to 1x. Needless to say I'm glad I have wifi. 800mhz can't come soon enough

Does it say data speed or capacity upgrade? I drove by there the other day and noticed it still had legacy panels. There's also a clearwire site co-located as well, I'm curious if they put updates to the clear network on the main coverage update maps on sprint.com now.

PS at least you get 3G in your apartment lol. The all concrete structure I live in causes my phone to drop down to 1x. Needless to say I'm glad I have wifi. 800mhz can't come soon enough

1 data upgrade. And the 3g is unusable as of today. I wish my house was made from concrete....I can hear peoples conversations when they are outside. The insulation is minimal I think and the floors are not even concrete. Some type of sheetrock composite crap. Neighbors can hear me walking upstairs...

1 data upgrade. And the 3g is unusable as of today. I wish my house was made from concrete....I can hear peoples conversations when they are outside. The insulation is minimal I think and the floors are not even concrete. Some type of sheetrock composite crap. Neighbors can hear me walking upstairs...

That sucks, I used to live in an apartment like that. But a data speed upgrade on a legacy site could be a T1 upgrade. I would imagine ripping and replacing an entire set of equipment on a hotel roof could be disruptive for its guests, so Raddison could be holding off on letting them upgrade fully to NV in a timely manner. That would be my guess.

I'm still waiting on a tower on the north side of UCF to be accepted. Its had NV antennas and RRUs for 6 months now but I haven't noticed any new equipment at the base. I did notice they are building another brick equipment shelter at the base of the tower but from what I understand most new base station equipment for NV can be housed outside. And the shelter is pretty big, about twice the size of the ones that are already there. Who knows. I just hope I see it accepted by the time I graduate in May.

• Like 1

That sucks, I used to live in an apartment like that. But a data speed upgrade on a legacy site could be a T1 upgrade. I would imagine ripping and replacing an entire set of equipment on a hotel roof could be disruptive for its guests, so Raddison could be holding off on letting them upgrade fully to NV in a timely manner. That would be my guess.

I'm still waiting on a tower on the north side of UCF to be accepted. Its had NV antennas and RRUs for 6 months now but I haven't noticed any new equipment at the base. I did notice they are building another brick equipment shelter at the base of the tower but from what I understand most new base station equipment for NV can be housed outside. And the shelter is pretty big, about twice the size of the ones that are already there. Who knows. I just hope I see it accepted by the time I graduate in May.

Yeh  we are moving to the bottom floor because we have a dog who evidently likes to play, as most dogs do but she weights 50 pounds. So her hopping around on the top floor often causes some issues with the neighbors below us who used to hate us until recently....Regardless, bottom floor will be better. Less issue with the floors, lower electric bill on bottom floor, and easier to walk dogs anyways...

As for the towers. I sure wish they would get that tower upgraded. It is literally covering 4 apartment complexes and thousands of people. Screw the guests at the raddison lol. It'll get worse when people start coming up here to tour colleges, if they aren't already. More people...might as well get it done now!

I just drove by Fullsail, the tower on the corner of Forsyth and University has been upgraded, can clearly see the RRU's. Its about the fourth row of panels if you drive by, as I wasn't able to get a pic. 

Edited by UCFKnight
  • Like 2