Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

So since sensorly is hard for people. I went out on my day off looking to see if my phone is broke drove to Miami gardens got signal there and went up and down some streets adding points to sensorly. After knowing my phone isn't broken I drove back south I have to drop off my glasses for replacement. They broke during softball. I mapped out 826 to part of 874 south.

• Like 1

This is common in markets under deployment prior to launch. It will probably happen again.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

When do you think they will launch the South Florida market now as we were supposed to be launched now (October/November) weren't we? I think the delays have probably pushed us back to early next year before we start seeing anything they way the upgrades are moving. Every tower I have driven by isn't updated except a small few (in Broward). I know they are getting things moving in North Miami but come on. Do they consider Miami and Broward separate jobs? Basically what I'm saying is that do the teams have top finish Miami Dade before moving on to Broward sites or do they have separate teams? Don't mind my freak out, but my Airave has been on the fritz lately. The Airave turns itself off just about everyday and messages haven't been sending at all. And I have two on two different accounts and both do the same thing. I'm really hoping LTE pushes my signal just a little bit more so I don't need it.

When do you think they will launch the South Florida market now as we were supposed to be launched now (October/November) weren't we? I think the delays have probably pushed us back to early next year before we start seeing anything they way the upgrades are moving. Every tower I have driven by isn't updated except a small few (in Broward). I know they are getting things moving in North Miami but come on. Do they consider Miami and Broward separate jobs? Basically what I'm saying is that do the teams have top finish Miami Dade before moving on to Broward sites or do they have separate teams? Don't mind my freak out' date=' but my Airave has been on the fritz lately. The Airave turns itself off just about everyday and messages haven't been sending at all. And I have two on two different accounts and both do the same thing. I'm really hoping LTE pushes my signal just a little bit more so I don't need it.[/quote']

All the Florida markets were delayed. Sprint pulled out because of the nesting issue until protections ended on October 1st. Now they are back at it in all, Florida markets except up in the Panhandle.

Not sure about launch now. But Sprint and Ericsson are still scrambling to have a prelaunch before the end of the year. And although you are seeing evidence of work in a small area, they are indeed working all over Dade, Broward and West Palm counties. And soon Monroe County too. The market is a whole, not separate jobs by county or city.

Also, LTE does not travel as far as 1x/EVDO from the same site. Basically when build out is complete, you will have LTE service everywhere you currently have a 1x -95dBm signal or stronger.

• Like 1

So since sensorly is hard for people. I went out on my day off looking to see if my phone is broke drove to Miami gardens got signal there and went up and down some streets adding points to sensorly. After knowing my phone isn't broken I drove back south I have to drop off my glasses for replacement. They broke during softball. I mapped out 826 to part of 874 south.

I wish with the iphone you could send sensorly data info. I picked up what you just mapped yesterday. it was nice driving on the palmetto this morning in traffic and being to update my apps on my iphone with no slow speeds.

• Like 1

Over the weekend I went back and forth between Pinecrest and Hialeah via the Palmetto and I didn't pick up any LTE.

On Saturday I stayed in Hialeah till like 1am and so when I was driving back south, the Palmetto was closed due to the 826/836 construction and so since I was forced to get off I went ahead and passed through fountainbleau where LTE sightings were reported and still didn't get LTE.

Only conclusion I can draw is that they turned off the LTE on the weekend...

http://www.math.miami.edu/~luisrodg/

So I went back after dropping off my glasses. I did some war driving next to the palmetto between 56st to flagger. Zig zagging where the 4g took me. most were getting 10/10mbits. While some of the larger towers I passed had 30/15mbits.

sensorly should be updated soon or now.

• Like 2

I'm excited. It's spreading pretty fast. Though the main tower I'm more curious is the one on key Biscayne since I work there and WiMAX was crappy and 3g reception was horrible too. I can only make calls though since it goes off roaming. Texts also go through roaming but are always delayed and time stamped wrong.

All the Florida markets were delayed. Sprint pulled out because of the nesting issue until protections ended on October 1st. Now they are back at it in all, Florida markets except up in the Panhandle.

Not sure about launch now. But Sprint and Ericsson are still scrambling to have a prelaunch before the end of the year. And although you are seeing evidence of work in a small area, they are indeed working all over Dade, Broward and West Palm counties. And soon Monroe County too. The market is a whole, not separate jobs by county or city.

Also, LTE does not travel as far as 1x/EVDO from the same site. Basically when build out is complete, you will have LTE service everywhere you currently have a 1x -95dBm signal or stronger.

Oh wow, I thoought that was a joke as I only saw it mentioned in joke posts. That sucks but at least they are back at it. I guess we lost just over a month of development then? So Robert right now I get about 100+ on my signal with 3G on my EVO LTE maybe a little higher or lower depending on weather or signal gods. I get about 1 or two bars on my phone. There are like 5 cell sites around me with myself kinda in the center. Now when they update the towers with new antennas, etc I thought I had read that my signal should improve about 10-20%? I don't care about LTE penetration as I have awesome cable internet. I just want to be able to use my phone without my alcoholic Airave I have to send to AA every other night, lol. I had always thought that if I am getting 1-2 bars now, it should only get better to like 2-3 bars? Your opinion or your actual experience with an updated tower would be appreciated? Also has anyone seen their normal signal get stronger after network vision in your town, like I specified above. Thanks.

Oh wow, I thoought that was a joke as I only saw it mentioned in joke posts. That sucks but at least they are back at it. I guess we lost just over a month of development then? So Robert right now I get about 100+ on my signal with 3G on my EVO LTE maybe a little higher or lower depending on weather or signal gods. I get about 1 or two bars on my phone. There are like 5 cell sites around me with myself kinda in the center. Now when they update the towers with new antennas, etc I thought I had read that my signal should improve about 10-20%? I don't care about LTE penetration as I have awesome cable internet. I just want to be able to use my phone without my alcoholic Airave I have to send to AA every other night, lol. I had always thought that if I am getting 1-2 bars now, it should only get better to like 2-3 bars? Your opinion or your actual experience with an updated tower would be appreciated? Also has anyone seen their normal signal get stronger after network vision in your town, like I specified above. Thanks.

Signal strength/distance can increase up to 20% on a completed NV site over legacy. However, the final determination depends on downtilt. In rural sites, the distance will likely go up to 20% further. But on an urban/suburban site, where they deploy steep downtilt, it may not extend out coverage at all, but will make the signal within the coverage stronger a little stronger (from 1-4dBm on average). The dynamics at each site will be quite different. There will be no way to really guess how your specific sites will be impacted until complete.

-95dBm RSSI is the threshold for LTE. So I feel pretty good about telling people that if they get 1x at -95dBm or better now, they will get LTE there too sometime before the build out is complete. If someone has between -95dBm and maybe -99dBm RSSI now from 1x, they may get enough of a boost from a Network Vision site to be within the LTE 1900 footprint. Anything -100dBm or worse, it is not going to happen. LTE 800 will be the only thing that may help them.

In most instances, the stronger signal from a completed NV site will only be worth one bar, at most. Depending on how close your device is to switching to the next "bar" level, and how many bars your device shows. OEM's vary bars dramatically from each other and other devices. They are very subjective.

Robert

• Like 1

I got a lte signal in 33157 off 184 st and us1 but I only got one bar

I think the iPhone 5 switches to LTE signal meter once in range of LTE so you were probably just seeing the 1 bar from LTE not your CDMA radio. I love how the iPhone 5 does it since you can at least see how your signal is. Kinda like the old WiMAX 4G icon which has the little half circle slivers to designate how your signal was. I don't understand why there is not a better signal setup on Android other than going into the diagnostic mode or special menus, lol.

Thanks a million Robert. I wonder if I could hang out by my nearest tower and throw the techs a hundred each to "tilt" the panels toward my house. Never hurts to try. Muuuuahahahahaha!

• Like 1

omg? I just loaded sensorly..

There's a blip http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=miami, fl right next to tag. on the 836 between 17ave/27ave

Looks like I am going to take the long way home from work tomorrow, or the long way to work if I wake up early enough.

Update: I may have a problem again. War driving D= It's like wifi all over again.

• Like 2

Wow what a difference a week makes in the sensorly maps make. Look at all that sprint LTE that we are finding. Looks like mostly centralized Miami is getting LTE first. Hopefully soon we find some LTE action in Kendall.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Wow just opened sensorly and I see LTE all around my house. Time for that iPhone 5, now I just need to find one ;(, BTW I live around the MIA area. Just for the records, that tower only took a week and 1 day to be upgraded from scratch. Not too shabby. Too bad 3g speeds didnt change much.

Wow just opened sensorly and I see LTE all around my house. Time for that iPhone 5, now I just need to find one ;(, BTW I live around the MIA area. Just for the records, that tower only took a week and 1 day to be upgraded from scratch. Not too shabby. Too bad 3g speeds didnt change much.

Yup owning my iPhone 5 got even better now.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

When you say 3G speeds didnt change that much, around what speeds are you talking about? Are you getting more than 1mbps on 3G?

Just for the record, in most Ericsson markets, they have been deploying 4G upgrades only at first and come back and do the 3G upgrades later. So the likelihood of the 3G being upgraded at the Miami sites is pretty low at this point.

Robert

As Robert mentioned 3g hasnt been upgraded yet, Im still getting about .4 mbps during the busy part of the day and around 1.0 mbps after 11 pm. I know this is way out of topic but has anyone been able to find an iphone 5 lately in Miami? Im dying to get my hands on one now.

I have some more LTE to report, this is in Hallandale Florida on Hallandale Beach Blvd yesterday(10/22) going west right after the I95 overpass and it was on for a few more minutes on Hallandale Beach Blvd 1042p6p.jpg

this was also yesterday(10/22) in Hallandale Florida on Pembroke Rd going east right past the I95 overpass and it was on for about a minute. Also, the speeds don't look that great, the upload speeds to me look like upgraded 3G speeds and the download speed I was getting is the download speed(and lower numbers) I am getting on the very bad Sprint 3G network that I get all around town now. I just hope they fix/upgrade there LTE speeds to become up to par with what is considered the LTE standard. s426aw.jpg

this was yesterday(10/22) this was taken on I95 going north getting on from Hollywood blvd, and once I passed Griffin Rd the LTE cut off. Also, on this same trip I got on 595 going west and right after I got off the ramp that connects you from I95 to 595 LTE came on for literally 1 second then turned off. 2jfxis4.jpg