Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

It seems like a new tower was turned on up in the Warrington area....I picked up a signal today on Rt 611 adjacent to the old Willow Grove NAS & then across County Line Rd up to BJs Wholesale Club. The signal wasn't real strong, but th network was still nice & quick. I'll have to do a little tower hunting...

It's possible that it could be the tower on Bristol rd. north of 611 in Warrington. That site is on a farm and has been 3G complete since at least November 2012.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

To my surprise I picked up 4g in the rear of my house off stump road. Marked it on sensorly. I think it's off again through.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tampa talk 2

I actually had the same thing happen to me today in Germantown. On the top floor in the back of my house 4G popped up. The signal was weak and I couldn't do a speed test since the upload didn't work, but it was there.

I just wanted to check in from West Philly. I was walking down Spruce near 42nd St. and I've been seeing LTE go in and out over the past three weeks. The signal is pretty weak south of Walnut (where speeds have gone up to 10mbps), but it's maybe a sign that it's around the corner.

That's new since last Tuesday. The tower is of 82 on the Unionville fire company's property

I'm not sure. If it's the one on Rt 82, it's disappointing. I lost LTE right around Rt 1. Hopefully, it is a farther tower or they still need to do some adjustments. Otherwise, I wonder what kind of LTE coverage we're going to have in Southern Chester County.

The 2-3 mile mapping is up on Sensorly. You can see the LTE signal die just around Rt 1.

I'm not sure. If it's the one on Rt 82, it's disappointing. I lost LTE right around Rt 1. Hopefully, it is a farther tower or they still need to do some adjustments. Otherwise, I wonder what kind of LTE coverage we're going to have in Southern Chester County.

The 2-3 mile mapping is up on Sensorly. You can see the LTE signal die just around Rt 1.

https://network.sprint.com/search/19320/

I noticed when they turned on LTE at a solitary site, it was tough to get a strong signal on the ground anywhere, especially close to the tower. From what I've heard, they adjust downtilt later once there are other towers local enough that users can transfer between towers, mitigating the need to broadcast to the widest possible area. Not saying that's the case, but it sounds like the situation here.

It's possible that it could be the tower on Bristol rd. north of 611 in Warrington. That site is on a farm and has been 3G complete since at least November 2012.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Actually, Robert updated the Sponsor maps last night & there is an LTE site in Warrington which would make total sense. I love the Sponsor maps...you can follow the progress in almost real time. It also shows just how many more sites will be coming on board as the NV rollout continues. We haven't seen anything yet!

• Like 1

Actually, Robert updated the Sponsor maps last night & there is an LTE site in Warrington which would make total sense. I love the Sponsor maps...you can follow the progress in almost real time. It also shows just how many more sites will be coming on board as the NV rollout continues. We haven't seen anything yet!

I saw that tower this morning and it actually was not the one I was thinking of...but either way, lots of progress is good.

• Like 1

I saw that tower this morning and it actually was not the one I was thinking of...but either way, lots of progress is good.

Yeah, the one that's been turned on is a couple miles due south of the one you had referenced.

• Like 1

My speeds just became fast last night.. after a few days without 4G LTE being active.. for one week. Last night was amazing and today it was still actively amazing.. I think it can go up to at least 60mbps download speed because it was going up and then down and up again.. it was amazing.. check my screen shot below.. This was taken in Drexel Hill area..

post-12351-0-26646500-1366742022_thumb.png

Edited by Kurosaki

My speeds just became fast last night.. after a few days without 4G LTE being active.. for one week. Last night was amazing and today it was still actively amazing.. I think it can go up to at least 60mbps download speed because it was going up and then down and up again.. it was amazing.. check my screen shot below.. This was taken in Drexel Hill area..

I do believe Sprint LTE is limited to a max of around 35Mbps.

It seems that the rollout in Philly is going forward relatively quickly. But I have not seen any reporting lately in the Lehigh Valley area. I am now skeptical if LV actually a part of the greater Philly area. The Valley was not included in the WIMAX roll out and I am guessing the LTE may end up looking the same way. Any insight here?

Edited by deepinder

It seems that the rollout in Philly is going forward relatively quickly. But I have not seen any reporting lately in the Lehigh Valley area. I am now skeptical if LV actually a part of the greater Philly area. The Valley was not included in the WIMAX roll out and I am guessing the LTE may end up looking the same way. Any insight here?

If you become a Sponsor, you will have access to several maps that show where each market is defined, where the towers are located within those markets, and which towers have had Network Vision upgrades completed, both for 3G & 4G.

I agree I live in Allentown and I see no upgrades and sprint keeps telling me there doing it now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I should also add, if you look at Sensorly, there has been LTE signal detected in both Easton & Hellertown. I realize it's not a big area, but you can see LTE active in the Lehigh Valley.

I was at work today and walked outside and I saw LTE pop up for a moment and it disappeared. I tried numerous time to reconnect but couldn't get it back but it's progress and shows my area will soon have LTE just about everywhere. I still get it at home, sitting outside on my steps typing this on LTE, signal hasn't improved with it yet though still 2 bars but its better than nothing anywhere from 4-10Mbps but I'll take it.

Edited by BlueAngel

I had a pretty cool moment this evening. My wife & I went out to dinner at her favorite Chinese restaurant in Glenside, and for the first time had LTE service inside the building. Prior to that, 3G service had always been so bad it wasn't even worth trying to use my phone. While waiting for her to use the ladies room, I was browsing around on my Note 2, checking Facebook & Twitter, etc. speeds were fast & everything was great. I even decided to run a speedtest & had 5+ Mbps download speed. I asked my wife to do the same on her iPhone 5 from Verizon...it was showing LTE on her phone but she couldn't even get her Facebook newsfeed up on it! I told her to get used to my gloating because this was gonna happen more & more. She just rolled her eyes.

• Like 1

I had a pretty cool moment this evening. My wife & I went out to dinner at her favorite Chinese restaurant in Glenside, and for the first time had LTE service inside the building. Prior to that, 3G service had always been so bad it wasn't even worth trying to use my phone. While waiting for her to use the ladies room, I was browsing around on my Note 2, checking Facebook & Twitter, etc. speeds were fast & everything was great. I even decided to run a speedtest & had 5+ Mbps download speed. I asked my wife to do the same on her iPhone 5 from Verizon...it was showing LTE on her phone but she couldn't even get her Facebook newsfeed up on it! I told her to get used to my gloating because this was gonna happen more & more. She just rolled her eyes.

LTE is popping up all over the place and it is great, glad to hear a good story.

is there anything happening in ardmore i m heading there at the end of may and need confrimation of whats happening there

Haven't had a whiff of anything yet in that section of the main line. I live in bryn mawr.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

oh ok hows the signal over and voice covergae and data speeds and i live in the central jersery market and its very slow and frustrating here i get litterally no signal

And....and....and...