Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

I'm guessing the tower near you is down for upgrade NV (or basic maintenance) and your phone is picking up a tower further away from you that is already upgraded to NV thus why your reception is so crappy but your download/upload test figures are performing better than normal.

Not sure about that, at work up the road about 2 miles the service is generally just as good as it's ever been and it's closer to the tower, unless however there is another tower around here I don't know about.

Just drove past the tower I assume I always get service from and I was getting low 40's dB, perfect signal and great speeds. So I am now thinking maybe when I am home I connect to a different tower or my house is just now starting to suck as far as signal is concerned. But then again I can go a block in either direction from my house and get perfect 5 bars so I am at a loss here. Think it's time to contact Sprint, if I can't get a reliable connection at my house anymore my phone is rather useless.

a new bit of LTE just popped up by route 1 and woodbourne road in Langhorne pa. Just went up probably just a test tho

502750027.png

I'm going to be over on Oxford Valley Rd tomorrow across from the mall. I wonder if I can pick up some LTE signal. I'll be crossing that intersection going home.

Any idea where the tower is producing that signal?

Yeah this really blows my mind, last week I couldn't load google.com in a timely maner on 4 bars but this week on 1 bar I can bench over 2Mbps, the data side of this NV is great but I lost my voice coverage and texts take forever to come through and send. If they can keep things like this and give me back comparable or better voice coverage I will be very happy.

Edited by BlueAngel

I'm going to be over on Oxford Valley Rd tomorrow across from the mall. I wonder if I can pick up some LTE signal. I'll be crossing that intersection going home.

Any idea where the tower is producing that signal?

Not sure, It's weird because the two tower's within that area show 3G upgrades only. I know it's a test phase but it's a good sign!

UPDATE: My wife's EVO picked up LTE coming down Oxford Valley Road towards Business Rt. 1. At IHOP we downloaded the Speedtest app, and results are attached:

4a2e8yse.jpg

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Once LTE is active at my house and in Newtown, the two areas I'm in most frequently, I'll definitely be activating my device.

EDIT: Thought it might be interesting to compare the WiMAX speeds in/around the same area. This is what I'm getting in the parking lot of the Goodwill store on Rt. 1 (just down the street from IHOP):

tuvu6egu.jpg

My WiMAX speed is actually pretty good, but the LTE is still faster. Without full LTE coverage though, it's definitely worth it for me to keep my WiMAX device active.

• Like 2

Did they shorten the range of the LTE towers that they did activate cause there's towers that I should be picking out that I have to get super close to them for them to work

I might be wrong but I seem to. Remember that the tower broadcasts an elliptical shaped signal. I've seen myself get zero signal at he base of the tower and 5bars a quarter mile away

Seriously annoyed, was just looking at the NV sites completed sites and come to find out that the towers in my area(Coatesville Pa) are 3G only looks like I may buy out of my contract and go else where...........

AlcaLu upgrades 3G first on their sites. All the sites live with 4G now used to be just 3G last month. However, we won't beg you to stay. If you need another carrier, you should go.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

AlcaLu upgrades 3G first on their sites. All the sites live with 4G now used to be just 3G last month. However, we won't beg you to stay. If you need another carrier, you should go.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Robert, I'm not looking for anyone to beg me to stay, meerly stating my train of thought ,why so defensive? My intrerpratation is the towers were 3G only a d gonna stay that way.. ..now if down the line(sooner the better)they go lte great. Bear in mind I am in an area that

That got screwed outta WiMAX. They promised it was coming and I'm still waiting and paying what was then an extra !

$10 for 4g service.

Under Interactive Maps

http://s4gru.com/ind...sites-complete/

Thanks, Jerry!!

BTW, I was just able to grab an LTE signal at 11th and Chestnut...never saw one there before! The signal disappeared as I headed toward Market, so I'm thinking it was testing on the tower at 1826 Chestnut and I lost it when I got handed off to 1701 JFK. It was only a single bar and there were no LTE speeds, but it's progress!! :D

Thanks, Jerry!!

BTW, I was just able to grab an LTE signal at 11th and Chestnut...never saw one there before! The signal disappeared as I headed toward Market, so I'm thinking it was testing on the tower at 1826 Chestnut and I lost it when I got handed off to 1701 JFK. It was only a single bar and there were no LTE speeds, but it's progress!! :D

LTE has been in and out at 16th & Catherine all morning. The best signal I've gotten is -111dBm. At first I though it was the 17th & JFK site but I haven't gotten a signal from that tower since the LTE outage on Friday. Makes me think a new site has gone up in CC.

LTE has been in and out at 16th & Catherine all morning. The best signal I've gotten is -111dBm. At first I though it was the 17th & JFK site but I haven't gotten a signal from that tower since the LTE outage on Friday. Makes me think a new site has gone up in CC.

BTW, I had a type in there - it was 17th and Chestnut, much closer to where you describe :)

Robert, I'm not looking for anyone to beg me to stay, meerly stating my train of thought ,why so defensive? My intrerpratation is the towers were 3G only a d gonna stay that way.. ..now if down the line(sooner the better)they go lte great. Bear in mind I am in an area that

That got screwed outta WiMAX. They promised it was coming and I'm still waiting and paying what was then an extra !

$10 for 4g service.

I'm not being defensive at all. You were threatening to leave, right? I did not defend Sprint. In fact I did the opposite. I won't make excuses for Sprint. They either meet your needs or they don't. But I do like to give people info, and they can use that to help make up their mind.

As for WiMax, Sprint never released any public info that it was upgrading its full Philadelphia market to WiMax. There were all kinds of rogue commissioned sales people guessing/lying that WiMax was going everywhere. But they were not correct.

However, Sprint has publicly announced they are upgrading the Philadelphia market to LTE. Even the distant suburbs and exurbs. This time they are handling the deployment, and the work is all contracted out. And we monitor that progress here.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 5

BTW, I had a type in there - it was 17th and Chestnut, much closer to where you describe :)

The signal has been on for the past 2 hours. I may have to disable LTE on my phone as the signal is strong enough for my phone to pick it up and stay connected but weak enough were its draining my battery like crazy.

I'm not complaining and I can't wait until the site nearest to me is done. :)

• Like 1