Waco LTE speedtest

usnsmv

I'm from fort hood, but came to Waco to pick up some things and decide to run some lte speed test...

Different speeds... same area... sprint need to keep working.. but I would love to have this speeds at home... right now I'm in a Wendy's with a 11mbps connection... not bad at all..

post-2995-0-04106100-1344104935_thumb.png

Different speeds... same area... sprint need to keep working..

Why does Sprint need to "keep working"? Your speeds averaged 11.5 Mbps downlink, 4.7 Mbps uplink. Those speeds are fine, are on the high side of Sprint's target range, which will include some variability.

AJ

Why does Sprint need to "keep working"? Your speeds averaged 11.5 Mbps downlink, 4.7 Mbps uplink. Those speeds are fine, are on the high side of Sprint's target range, which will include some variability.

AJ

Yep. I agree.

These speeds are also quite consistent with testing I did in and around Waco yesterday. I posted another thread reviewing that, but in the Sponsor Forum so I could plot the samples along with the S4GRU tower maps.

150 ms isn't fast enough for you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (nakasi) using Forum Runner

Not really...we have been seeing better numbers from what I recall.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

That area might be serviced by microwave backhaul instead of fiber, or the fiber service provider might not have some legacy hardware on its way to the sprint LTE core. Still, it is not a bad ping... we have seen the ping in the 50ms range in some results, but as long as it is constant, no one should be able to tell any difference during normal usage... unless you are using your sprint mifi for your Playstation online games, you'll be just fine! lol

The speed test server chosen can be a limiting factor. So, take slow results with a grain of salt, or use the server that produces the fastest results.

AJ

• Like 1

does anybody know why eHRPD would stop working? I have been using this for the last month and now aint working?...

This happened to me in Austin today. The eHPRD connections that worked yesterday now fail to pass data from remote servers, not matter which app I try. I think it is because the NV network is under construction in our market.

When I changed my phone to CDMA only under Settings -> More settings -> Mobile networks -> Network mode, the problem went away. My EVDO data speeds also improved many fold. I like to hope this is because the new NV backhaul is being installed.

• Like 1

eHRPD connections have failed to transfer data since this morning in Kansas City market NID 43 (Independence MSC_1), too. So, I would not necessarily attribute the problem to Network Vision construction in your market.

AJ

eHRPD connections have failed to transfer data since this morning in Kansas City market NID 43 (Independence MSC_1), too. So, I would not necessarily attribute the problem to Network Vision construction in your market.

AJ

I noticed that, was wondering if it was a problem with my phone. I'll take it that it wasn't. Seems to be working as of late tonight?

I noticed that, was wondering if it was a problem with my phone. I'll take it that it wasn't. Seems to be working as of late tonight?

NID 41 (Lenexa MSC_1) seemed to be unaffected yesterday.

AJ

NID 41 (Lenexa MSC_1) seemed to be unaffected yesterday.

AJ

Well, not entirely sure the cause then, but from about 4:30 or so (when I noticed) through 9pm I couldn't get any data to flow on my phone. Even in different parts of town. Then about 9pm it came back. And of course, couldn't put it onto 4G since there doesn't seem to be any around here!

Well, not entirely sure the cause then, but from about 4:30 or so (when I noticed) through 9pm I couldn't get any data to flow on my phone. Even in different parts of town. Then about 9pm it came back. And of course, couldn't put it onto 4G since there doesn't seem to be any around here!

Maybe Sprint planned some sort of a rolling eHRPD outage for maintenance/installation purposes. NID 43 blocked data transfer yesterday morning. But once I crossed into NID 41, data transfer (both eHRPD and LTE) was working in the morning through the afternoon. I left the city and was back in NID 43 by 2pm, data transfer still (or again) blocked in the evening.

AJ