Keep a Word, Drop a Word #2

S4GRU

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Been in Japan for the past few days, and I'm about to leave today. Google Fi/Tmus roaming in Japan only had Softbank LTE, so it was pretty slow in busy areas, especially HND (albeit usable in most places). When I got to Osaka, I bought a KDDI native SIM from Aerobile, which is an esim reseller based in Taiwan. With this au/KDDI SIM, I could get NR, and that really improved the network experience here. Even though my phone is missing many ENDC combos here, having b1 + n77 or b3 + n77 or b41 + n78 really helps out with the congested LTE network here. As a bonus, 4cc n257 also works on my s24, and I've reached peaks of 2gbps with it. I'm heading to China today, so hopefully Google Fi supports 5G on whatever carrier they roam on in the mainland. If not, I'll probably be stuck on congested LTE like the first couple of days in Japan.
    • Mike, I just noticed on my S22 Ultra when connected to Verizon n261 SCP is reporting it as n257. I don't see mmwave very often and I didn't notice it at the time I was connected to it. Not sure if it matters but I'm on Visible. 
    • Here's my personal best, as well as the maximum speed I was able to get over 5gbps USB tethering. Millimeter wave is definitely a lot of fun, and I wish AT&T and T-Mobile would deploy a lot more of it.
    • WOW! That's utterly insane.