Anyone else having signal problems in Dallas with the LTE EVO

Klayan

Just got back from the Sprint store where they kept my phone for 2 hours, factory reset it and said nothing is wrong with the phone it's the Network vision deployment. My phone will go from 5 bars to no signal at all without moving it at all.. I get dropped and just plain missed calls all the time and it is incredibly frustrating.. There are 2 other people in the same office as me with older EVO's (No LTE) on sprint that are having no voice problems at all at the same physical location. I suspect Sprint are blowing smoke, but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this before I lose it on someone at Sprint.

I believe the EVO LTE has a problem with connection or something like that. It will supposedly be resolved with an OTA update.

i was gonna start a thread about that actually. Does anyone (Robert) know anymore details about it. What was the issue mentioned before the evo LTE release. I thought it was just for LTE. Have anybody gotten an LTE signal at all on the evo LTE? Should we expect an OTA before the first LTE markets go live?

i was gonna start a thread about that actually. Does anyone (Robert) know anymore details about it. What was the issue mentioned before the evo LTE release. I thought it was just for LTE. Have anybody gotten an LTE signal at all on the evo LTE? Should we expect an OTA before the first LTE markets go live?

The only connectivity issues I am aware of involve LTE signals. I have an EVO LTE and cannot replicate the problems I have seen around our forums and elsewhere. However, all the instances I have read are in Network Vision markets and have chalked up these issues as coincidence.

Robert

If you have issues, make sure phone is set to cdma mode only (only until you hear about an update or when lte is live in your area)

This alone has solved several issues with the signal always dropping for me when I first got the phone

Sent from either my SSGS3 or Evo Lte using Forum Runner

The only connectivity issues I am aware of involve LTE signals. I have an EVO LTE and cannot replicate the problems I have seen around our forums and elsewhere. However, all the instances I have read are in Network Vision markets and have chalked up these issues as coincidence.

Robert

I agree. I had major problems exactly like that with no 3g, back to full bars, back and forth. It occurred on both of my evo LTEs. ( the one i had originally and the replacement). Then right after that the tower right down the street had a crew at it doing NV upgrades.

Do you expect the OTA to be sent out before the LTE markets go live on the 15th?

Do you expect the OTA to be sent out before the LTE markets go live on the 15th?

I don't have any specific info about an OTA. My Viper, GNex and GS3's have had recent OTA's. Seems like the EVO LTE should be soon.

Robert

I don't have any specific info about an OTA. My Viper, GNex and GS3's have had recent OTA's. Seems like the EVO LTE should be soon.

Robert

wow, how do you ahve so many phones? did u pay retail for some?

wow, how do you ahve so many phones? did u pay retail for some?

No. I bought the GS3 and EVO LTE on contract. I bought the Viper and GNex used from S4GRU members. I also have a Epic 4G Touch, Motorola Photon, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G. Some people say I have a problem. :realitycheck:

Some of these, like the Photon, Viper and Epic I just recently picked up for a radio performance article I'm working on for S4GRU.

Robert

• Like 4

No. I bought the GS3 and EVO LTE on contract. I bought the Viper and GNex used from S4GRU members. I also have a Epic 4G Touch, Motorola Photon, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G. Some people say I have a problem. :realitycheck:

Some of these, like the Photon, Viper and Epic I just recently picked up for a radio performance article I'm working on for S4GRU.

Robert

i see. so u have 2 active lines? does sprint let you switch between the phones on an account often without problems? btw. sry for hijacking this thread. thats my last question.

i see. so u have 2 active lines? does sprint let you switch between the phones on an account often without problems? btw. sry for hijacking this thread. thats my last question.

I have 4 active lines. But yes, you can easily switch phones online. I do it all the time. Especially while working on this article. For instructions how, go to http://sprint.com/landings/howtoactivate/index.html

The only thing is online activations only work between like phones. You can switch an account online from a LTE device to another LTE device, or a WiMax device to another WiMax device. But to switch from a WiMax to LTE device, or vice versa, you have to call Sprint.

Robert

• Like 1

Robert,

Just a quickie. I live in Mansfield, TX, and it appears that is an area that goes live on Sunday. Do you, or anybody for that matter, know if the EVO LTE will have any special icons to let me know that I am on a LTE tower?

Thank you,

Allen

Robert,

Just a quickie. I live in Mansfield, TX, and it appears that is an area that goes live on Sunday. Do you, or anybody for that matter, know if the EVO LTE will have any special icons to let me know that I am on a LTE tower?

Thank you,

Allen

Your 3G icon will change to 4G on the EVO LTE. You will know it's LTE because it's the only 4G technology the EVO LTE can connect to. There are three sites live on the north side of Mansfield, going north on 287 toward Ft. Worth.

Robert

• Like 1

Your 3G icon will change to 4G on the EVO LTE. You will know it's LTE because it's the only 4G technology the EVO LTE can connect to. There are three sites live on the north side of Mansfield, going north on 287 toward Ft. Worth.

Robert

Thank you, sir,

The only thing is online activations only work between like phones. You can switch an account online from a LTE device to another LTE device, or a WiMax device to another WiMax device. But to switch from a WiMax to LTE device, or vice versa, you have to call Sprint.

Robert

Robert,

I switch between my og Evo 4g and Evo LTE a few times a week and I have never had a problem using the online tool to activate.

I did find out that the online activation system does not work after like 11pm/12am cst.

I switch back to the Evo 4g during the work week, because I use the Wimax alot. :D

Just f.y.i

Edited by htown713

Robert' date='

I switch between my og Evo 4g and Evo LTE a few times a week and I have never had a problem using the online tool to activate.

I did find out that the online activation system does not work after like 11pm/12am cst.

I switch back to the Evo 4g during the work week, because I use the Wimax alot. :D

Just f.y.i[/quote']

Thanks for your info. I have heard others complain about switching back and forth between between LTE and WiMax devices. I wonder if it is an account type issue?

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Thanks for your info. I have heard others complain about switching back and forth between between LTE and WiMax devices. I wonder if it is an account type issue?

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I switched from my EVO 3D to my new EVO LTE yesterday, and it did involve a call to Sprint, from Best Buy. They couldn't activate it because of the hotspot feature that I use. The WiMAX plan wasn't compatible with the LTE plan for hotspot use. Apparently they changed the pricing structure for hotspot use on LTE devices. That was the first I'd heard of that, so I cancelled my hotspot. So that may be part of the problem. The guy at Best Buy said they had also seen issues converting WiMAX plans over to LTE even without the hotspot issue, so maybe hit and miss?