Roaming Coverage Decreased on Evo LTE

ok so i looked at sprints facebook page and it said how now you can see coverage for certain devices right. So i looked at it tried to see if there was anything new compared to before nothing seemed to be different as far as i could tell. So i selected the iphone 4s since thats the phone i have and saw roaming almost everywhere outside the big cities and then i decided i wondered about the Evo LTE and i saw something different it mostly white and very little roaming compared to the other phones. Havent tried out the other LTE devices. But why would that phone have less roaming? By the way im looking at data side of things.

I would chalk it up to a database error. The EVO LTE is being associated with a map that supposedly depicts data coverage absent CDMA1X/EV-DO 850 footprint. See map and URL below:

mapdatasprintno850Static.png

http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/images/mapdatasprintno850Static.png

I have my doubts about the map, too, as it appears to include some former ALLTEL, now VZW or AT&T Cellular 850 MHz coverage, even though it supposedly includes only PCS 1900 MHz footprint.

AJ

I just flipped over to Roam only mode on the EVO LTE and data roamed a bit on VZW CDMA1X 850. No problems. So, I still assert that the linked map on the Sprint coverage tool is in error (and hopefully not a portent of data roaming restrictions yet to come.)

AJ

Just for the record, here are the EVO LTE purported data roaming coverage maps:

34od36h.gif

2i2c004.gif

122yg5g.gif

nb3iba.gif

AJ

I can confirm that I have roamed all over non coverage (white) areas shown on these maps in New Mexico and Southern Colorado using the stock PRL on my EVO LTE.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I will say they are wrong as well for Louisiana. Just check verizons map and you will see. Even the other device maps are wrong as Verizon added coverage in many areas with the centennial divest.

Sprint even allows 3g roaming in north La on Verizon with stock prls.

Yeah, I just roamed on my Evo LTE in NW Alabama (US 78 corridor) yesterday which is white on that map. All I can figure is they forgot to include a roaming partner or two (VZW is most likely).