Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

Drove back by and took a picture of what they dropped off and moved muqy2apa.jpgyqesaqa9.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to bring the bad news but I talked to the crew today and that equipment is for att:(

But the cabinet is sprints

Drove through downtown twice today, no go on the 4G for me. On a side note, I think I will get the S4 instead of the HTC One.

I have gotten it all day long downtown. I have played with an htc one and it's a nice phone I'm not a fan of plastic phones and touch wiz so no Sammy for me. That being said I might skip the one to see what might be coming it after the one. Not sure if I wanna dish out full price for the one I'm not up for renewal till 2014

Robert will have a very large update for the Nashville market when he updates. LTE is available in several new areas in Nashville, including my home.

Yes indeed. 93 updates in the Nashville market from the previous update. The Sponsor maps updated last night around Midnight. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Live in Mt Juliet, been getting 4g at my house in the Providence Area for past couple of weeks. Still get crap service in the actual Market Place though...

Depending on where you are versus the location of the tower, the LTE signal sometimes is not able to penetrate the walls of a building. I have discovered this even in my office in downtown Nashville. I have towers that are close emitting LTE and if I go to the center of the building, I do not pick up the signal.

Spoke with the manager for the Sprint store at Earth Fest yesterday. He said that 6 towers had LTE turned on this past week and that they were trying to complete the smaller areas first before they concentrate on Knoxville. Supposedily he gets emails daily showing 4G activation, I wanted to tell him I have Robert for that :) . We also talked about the HTC One and GS4. He did have a Samsung rep with him, had they been from HTC I would have given them an earful about the lack of a micro sd slot.

Sorry to bring the bad news but I talked to the crew today and that equipment is for att:(

But the cabinet is sprints

Seen any new progress at this site?

Seen any new progress at this site?

I haven't seen anything yet at this site but the one at the Broadway exit did just have the cabinet half installed. It's sitting on wood planks and being used along with the old grey cabinets. The crew that was working there last week or the week before I can't remember which was only doing tower mods for increased coax cable installs.

As far as I know att is done with both these towers so any work seen being done should be sprint. There are 16 crews working on the att towers in knoxville so if you see a crew working try and drive by and catch the name of the company and I can let you know which company is working on that tower. So please don't get your hopes up too high just because you see a crew working on a tower. I'm trying my best to find out as much as I can.

I haven't seen anything yet at this site but the one at the Broadway exit did just have the cabinet half installed. It's sitting on wood planks and being used along with the old grey cabinets. The crew that was working there last week or the week before I can't remember which was only doing tower mods for increased coax cable installs.

As far as I know att is done with both these towers so any work seen being done should be sprint. There are 16 crews working on the att towers in knoxville so if you see a crew working try and drive by and catch the name of the company and I can let you know which company is working on that tower. So please don't get your hopes up too high just because you see a crew working on a tower. I'm trying my best to find out as much as I can.

Cool I was just wondering I work in Knox but live off Chapman in Seymour but closer to Sevier and most of the towers are up on the hills and the driveways going up are gated so I can't see most base stations. I just went over here to Nichols street off cherry to see if it had new cabinets but I don't think it did. Thanks for your reply.

Trust me, he doesn't get daily emails. And the only time one of the update emails had newer info than Robert was when he was out of town.

I also work for sprint in this market.

Oh I know, I only trust Robert.

• Like 1

Trust me, he doesn't get daily emails. And the only time one of the update emails had newer info than Robert was when he was out of town.

I also work for sprint in this market.

And now I'm caught back up and on the case! ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence too, by the way. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

There was an AT&T truck as well as a van bearing an acronym I hadn't heard before at the middlebrook and Gallaher view tower. Googled the acronym and it was a cell site management company. Again had my hopes up seeing different equipment there than the sewer guys, but the AT&T truck spoiled it for me this time. I did pick up some unusable LTE signal on the 5th floor of children's hospital downtown however. Nothing at ground level though, must be getting something distant. Only had 1 bar.

Edited by stilesja

You were getting the tower near the end L&N Station. Children's is just about the limit in that direction. I've started getting the LTE signal when pulling off 40 onto Alcoa Hwy. But, then I lose it as I exit onto Kingston Pike / Cumberland. Tower seems to have a decent reach at the moment.

Also, just fyi, signal bars don't mean anything in relation to LTE. You'll need to check in settings for signal strength. Pretty sure this is accurate but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You were getting the tower near the end L&N Station. Children's is just about the limit in that direction. I've started getting the LTE signal when pulling off 40 onto Alcoa Hwy. But, then I lose it as I exit onto Kingston Pike / Cumberland. Tower seems to have a decent reach at the moment.

Also, just fyi, signal bars don't mean anything in relation to LTE. You'll need to check in settings for signal strength. Pretty sure this is accurate but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's correct except for CM 10.1 roms