Network Vision/LTE - Nashville Market (including Knoxville/Chattanooga/Tri-Cities)

telefunken

That map is deceiving. Those light areas of purple usually aren't very usable on 4G

Not really deceiving.  That's what the lightest areas mean.  A very weak signal, that may or may not be available depending on your device and your location.

Robert

That map is deceiving. Those light areas of purple usually aren't very usable on 4G

Not really deceiving. That's what the lightest areas mean. A very weak signal, that may or may not be available depending on your device and your location.

Robert

If you look at the map he posted he lives in a spot that's in between the light areas. I was just saying even if he was in that light area he wouldn't be able to use it indoors. I'm sure the coverage in that area will improve over time as they complete more towers. And unless you read about the sensorly maps in these forums you would probably assume the light areas are useable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yeah that's where I work. I was just joking thought it was funny. There's a tower about 2 miles from there I'm waiting on.

Although I do have a question it seems some towers that are on and have supposedly been on for a few weeks are very weak do they not turn them on fully when they flip the switch. I can connect but have to be very close and even then it's hard to hang on to signal.

Yeah that's where I work. I was just joking thought it was funny. There's a tower about 2 miles from there I'm waiting on.

Although I do have a question it seems some towers that are on and have supposedly been on for a few weeks are very weak do they not turn them on fully when they flip the switch. I can connect but have to be very close and even then it's hard to hang on to signal.

From what I've seen down here in my area sometimes they are only turning on one sector of the tower. So if your on a side of the tower that hasn't been turned on you might lock on if your close enough. They are still turning them off and on down here.

I mapped ALOT of data in 37091 today.... I think I am the only one here who has a 4G LTE Sprint phone.

Always get 25-30mbps.

it must post to the maps shortly after you map it.  I looked in the options, and you can force send the data waiting to

be uploading if you're going to stop using the phone.

I mapped ALOT of data in 37091 today.... I think I am the only one here who has a 4G LTE Sprint phone.

Always get 25-30mbps.

it must post to the maps shortly after you map it. I looked in the options, and you can force send the data waiting to

be uploading if you're going to stop using the phone.

I'm looking forward to Sprint LTE in my area. I sometimes feel like I'm the only Sprint customer, especially in Los Alamos. Three sites in town, always between 1.8 and 2.6Mbps on 3G. I expect high speeds on LTE 24 hours a day when it arrives.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I haven't seen a speed below 20mbps yet(4G LTE).  I used about 2GB yesterday alone, mapping, navigation, music streaming and speedtests. never saw a slowdown. Columbia, Lewisburg, and Shelbyville are all full speed (at least 5 miles away from the tower...then the annoying 3G comes on).

I have noticed that if I run sensorly that a lot of time it wont switch to 4g very quick. If I go through the same spots without it running its seems to switch to 4g much earlier. I have tested the last few days on  route to work and 2 days it only connected once with sensorly running granted these are weaker signals but I drove 2 days same exact route and watched my phone and it switches much earlier in fact I stopped before a spot that sensorly picks up ran lte discovery connected then mapped and it added it to sensorly. I'm just wondering if while mapping the phone is so busy that it delays switching over.

I know it wont matter when more towers come online but for us that look to add even the weakest signals to sensorly maps its just kinda irriatating. this is on an s3 to b the way which usually picks up quicker than wifes evo lte 

I have noticed that if I run sensorly that a lot of time it wont switch to 4g very quick. If I go through the same spots without it running its seems to switch to 4g much earlier. I have tested the last few days on  route to work and 2 days it only connected once with sensorly running granted these are weaker signals but I drove 2 days same exact route and watched my phone and it switches much earlier in fact I stopped before a spot that sensorly picks up ran lte discovery connected then mapped and it added it to sensorly. I'm just wondering if while mapping the phone is so busy that it delays switching over.

I know it wont matter when more towers come online but for us that look to add even the weakest signals to sensorly maps its just kinda irriatating. this is on an s3 to b the way which usually picks up quicker than wifes evo lte 

I know the phone only checks for lte every so often to but I took that into consideration when preforming these test

Tower near Walker Springs in Knoxville was on today.  Yesterday, I had 3G sitting at the light in front of Pilot at the exit.   This evening, both times I exited there I was on LTE.  

I've had LTE in this area before but it was basically unusable and gone the next day.  Hopefully it stays on this time.

Tower near Walker Springs in Knoxville was on today.  Yesterday, I had 3G sitting at the light in front of Pilot at the exit.   This evening, both times I exited there I was on LTE.  

I've had LTE in this area before but it was basically unusable and gone the next day.  Hopefully it stays on this time.

Those guys must work at night, I never seem to catch them during the day. Also could it have been the tower near Campbell Station?

Suppose it could have been, but I take that exit everyday of the week and it's the first time I've seen it on LTE there.  And it held until I passed Rothchild's on Kingston Pike. 

About 2 or 3 weeks ago I was at Tire Barn in that area.  I would see LTE pop up on my phone if I was standing in one place, but it wouldn't seem to work.  Walk over to my car to leave and it would be back on 3G. 

Not sure what tower this might be.  I'll try and keep an eye on the phone as I drive around today.  Wasn't really expecting it yesterday so no idea where it switched coming from downtown on I-40.

I'm trying to find out if anything was accepted this week.  I've got a contact with access to GLANCE and that info.

Suppose it could have been, but I take that exit everyday of the week and it's the first time I've seen it on LTE there.  And it held until I passed Rothchild's on Kingston Pike. 

About 2 or 3 weeks ago I was at Tire Barn in that area.  I would see LTE pop up on my phone if I was standing in one place, but it wouldn't seem to work.  Walk over to my car to leave and it would be back on 3G. 

Not sure what tower this might be.  I'll try and keep an eye on the phone as I drive around today.  Wasn't really expecting it yesterday so no idea where it switched coming from downtown on I-40.

I'm trying to find out if anything was accepted this week.  I've got a contact with access to GLANCE and that info.

I noticed yesterday that I was able to pick up 4G around the exit for the mall, but as soon as I got close to Target it went back to 3G. Same as today when I was near the Pilot on Walker Springs, maybe the downtilt was adjusted for that tower(Campbell Station). Or maybe my phone is learning and improving (doubtful). 

I noticed yesterday that I was able to pick up 4G around the exit for the mall, but as soon as I got close to Target it went back to 3G. Same as today when I was near the Pilot on Walker Springs, maybe the downtilt was adjusted for that tower(Campbell Station). Or maybe my phone is learning and improving (doubtful). 

Just noticed 1, maybe 2 guys working on the tower near Bearden High School, that may be the reason we are seeing 4G popping up on our phones. I almost didn't see them if not for the neon yellow shirts.

4G LTE has been out here for 2 days...phone only registers 3G. Called Sprint.  Indeed, an issue. 37091 and 38401 affected....Strange i'm sure the same backhaul doesn't serve both these cities.........

I'm convinced the 4G tower in 37091 is served by CHARTER CABLE.  there is no other choice for anything in this town for that speed.  Could they just be running a cable line into a modem in the switching house to serve sprint here?

4G LTE has been out here for 2 days...phone only registers 3G. Called Sprint. Indeed, an issue. 37091 and 38401 affected....Strange i'm sure the same backhaul doesn't serve both these cities.........

I'm convinced the 4G tower in 37091 is served by CHARTER CABLE. there is no other choice for anything in this town for that speed. Could they just be running a cable line into a modem in the switching house to serve sprint here?

There are plenty of fiber backhaul providers even in the rural areas of east Tennessee. But more than likely AT&T has fiber running to the tower.

how ironic would that be AT&T running fiber to a Sprint tower.   the tower this sprint location shares with Verizon.

Even AT&T Uverse top speed of anything offered here is about 10mbps.....

charter offers 100mbps cable here, so I'd still guess sprint is just buying data from Charter.

I haven't even noticed my sprint 4g lte data being metered in my plan. 

how ironic would that be AT&T running fiber to a Sprint tower. the tower this sprint location shares with Verizon.

Even AT&T Uverse top speed of anything offered here is about 10mbps.....

charter offers 100mbps cable here, so I'd still guess sprint is just buying data from Charter.

I haven't even noticed my sprint 4g lte data being metered in my plan.

Uverse is not fiber to your home. It terminates with copper. Backhaul is fiber to the rru I believe.

My point was there is NO 30mbps connection available here other than Charter Communications....

Anyways, 30mbps connection on a cell phone is blazing!! (nice to have the speed but probably not necessary).

Uverse is not fiber to your home. It terminates with copper. Backhaul is fiber to the rru I believe.

My point was there is NO 30mbps connection available here other than Charter Communications....

Anyways, 30mbps connection on a cell phone is blazing!! (nice to have the speed but probably not necessary).

They can have att put the fiber in the ground. I live in a rural area with no choices beyond Frontier 3 mbps speeds (was 1 mbps but complained and they upped it). A totally different company laid fiber to the rural sites (Cass Communications). What is available to a consumer/local business is drastically different from what is available to companies like Sprint/Verizon/att. They do pay to get that kind of connectivity though. Local businesses can get that level of service but it costs a lot. I believe it falls into the enterprise solutions category.