S4GRU

S4GRU Staff

Congrats, Coz. The staff here is awesome. It really is the difference between any other message board on the internet and this family of wireless enthusiasts.

• Like 4

this family of wireless enthusiasts.

I think you mean "this FRAMILY of wireless enthusiasts".

;)

-Anthony

• Like 7

I think you mean "this FRAMILY of wireless enthusiasts".

;)

-Anthony

That word still really irks me.

• Like 2

if I have to deal with Phablet, you will deal with Framily.  :P

Now watch it enter the Oxford dictionary as a real word this year. 

So it is written , so it will be done.

:D

TS

• Like 8

Please join me in congratulating AJ in his promotion to S4GRU Technical Editor.  Accolades are his only payment, as all our Staff positions are unpaid volunteers.

Thank you AJ for your thousands of hours invested in making S4GRU such an acclaimed resource.  Your technical expertise and persistent pursuit for greater wireless knowledge have benefited our community beyond measure!

:thx:

Robert

• Like 18

Please join me in congratulating AJ in his promotion to S4GRU Technical Editor.  Accolades are his only payment, as all our Staff positions are unpaid volunteers.

Thank you AJ for your thousands of hours invested in making S4GRU such an acclaimed resource.  Your technical expertise and persistent pursuit for greater wireless knowledge have benefited our community beyond measure!

Robert

As I have had the title for two weeks now, I guess this means that I passed the trial period.  Hot damn and hallelujah!

;)

AJ

• Like 10

As I have had the title for two weeks now, I guess this means that I passed the trial period.  Hot damn and hallelujah!

;)

AJ

How does someone become one of these staff members and what is the pay scale, did you get a raise? ;)

• Like 2

How does someone become one of these staff members and what is the pay scale, did you get a raise? ;)

Yes, I did get a raise from -$200/yr to -$100/yr.

;)

AJ

• Like 8

Yes, I did get a raise from -$200/yr to -$100/yr.

;)

AJ

Will you stop teasing the new recruits AJ. 

We do get raises. Robert actually gave us all a 10% raise just a few days ago.

0 x 10% = 0

Oh wait, there is no number before that zero.  :blush:

:P

TS

• Like 4

As I have had the title for two weeks now, I guess this means that I passed the trial period. Hot damn and hallelujah!

;)

AJ

I guess this means craig moffet turned us down first?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

Robert

• Like 2

Craig did not make it past the first interview for the tech editor position.  But we did offer him an unpaid internship.

AJ

• Like 1

Craig did not make it past the first interview for the tech editor position.  But we did offer him an unpaid internship.

AJ

As bathroom attendant.  "Hey Craig, you missed a piss puddle there!  Right there!  Under your right pant leg!!!"

Robert

• Like 4

Hey Robert, when you get a chance, download the proshot app into your windows phone while it is still free. Since no one gets paid anyway.

Hey Robert, when you get a chance, download the proshot app into your windows phone while it is still free. Since no one gets paid anyway.

I just sold it to my son for $125.

Robert

I just sold it to my son for $125.

Did Joey know that Windows Phone had been "flagged" for being in the bathroom?

AJ

• Like 1

Did Joey know that Windows Phone had been "flagged" for being in the bathroom?

AJ

Shhhh!  He will want to renegotiate a price!

Robert

Please join me in congratulating Mr.Nuke in his promotion to a Full S4GRU Moderator. Mr.Nuke has been tirelessly working on our B26 Reporting Project and doing some backup moderating for S4GRU.

Now he will have full moderator powers and responsibilities as well. Thanks Seth for all you do for the S4GRU Community. Your contributions are noticeable and integral with our mission, and will be appreciated by S4GRU and our members for a long, long time.

Robert

• Like 18

Please join me in congratulating Mr.Nuke in his promotion to a Full S4GRU Moderator. Mr.Nuke has been tirelessly working on our B26 Reporting Project and doing some backup moderating for S4GRU.

Now he will have full moderator powers and responsibilities as well.

If Mr.Nuke has "full moderator powers," does that mean he now gets to answer the red telephone, has access to the launch codes, and gets to put his finger on the doomsday button?  God help us all.

AJ

• Like 6

If Mr.Nuke has "full moderator powers," does that mean he now gets to answer the red telephone, has access to the launch codes, and gets to put his finger on the doomsday button?  God help us all.

AJ

I now have full control over the W.O.P.R.

3movies_wg_snap_beringer.jpg

• Like 3

But who controls the double W.O.P.R. with cheese?

• Like 6

congrats, Mr.Nuke!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I now have full control over the W.O.P.R.

I hope you also have access to the SAC bunker.  Otherwise, being so close to Offutt AFB, once you push that button, you are going to be dead soon.

AJ

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• It's been this way for a couple years for me, but getting worse. It can't really get worse than it is now unless Sprint adds more customers, since they've already thinned CDMA down to the minimum. The addition of calling plus and VoLTE will take load off of CDMA, so it should start to improve actually.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• I guess we will hit another rough patch in sprints network

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Oh excellent!! That's a great sign. Although PCI 0 should show as Unknown..

-Mike
    • saw that over on reddit a few weeks ago. I don't know how much I would ever use it but its seem cool to play around with for the first few hours you have it and then it just sits in a drawer.    I haven't connected to a clear site with it yet but I will tomorrow morning. I'm just hoping I can at least connect to the clear site that covers my office. So far RF performance has been poor with it. 
    • Got my phone last night and I love the build of it. Very solid heavy phone. My previous phones have been LG G2, Nexus 6, LG G4, and LG V20. Coming from LG phones I am very used to the power button being on the back and it being combined with the finger print reader on the later LG phones. From what I've seen LG is one of the only manufactures that does that. Im not sure why since its only natural to push the back maybe its just my habit. But it also allow you to only have the volume on the side of the phone so you don't hit the wrong buttons.  This brings me to one of my dislikes about the Essential. If you are going to put the volume and power buttons near each other they should put some sort of texture on the power button.  The nexus 6 had it like this. I can't tell you how many times already I've hit the wrong button on the side.   Also I have to say the RF performance on this phone is the worst I've seen. Im getting 3G in many area where there is only GMO B25 sites. Also inside performance is on the edge of B25 and it tends to switch to B26 more often.