Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Sprint still hasn't reported and will be doing so on May 5th so everyone will find out than. If T-Mo does become #3 though there is money to be made, sprints stock SHOULD dip from the news of going to 4th and when it does buy because it will be going up :)

I'm not sure what the impact to Sprint will be. Tmo essentially claimed the title last quarter and has been discussed ad hominem for an entire quarter. This will not be seen as new news to investors. I don't expect the news to be catastrophic. It's expected.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

In the west side of fresno, is anyone constantly being switched from 3G to LTE? It happens whenever i have LTE on. Also at my school (4055 N Bryan Ave Fresno CA 93722) signal is fine outside but inside it goes down to 1 bar of 3g or 1 bar of 1x. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing these issue and maybe a staus of tower upgrades in the area? Thanks!

In the west side of fresno, is anyone constantly being switched from 3G to LTE? It happens whenever i have LTE on. Also at my school (4055 N Bryan Ave Fresno CA 93722) signal is fine outside but inside it goes down to 1 bar of 3g or 1 bar of 1x. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing these issue and maybe a staus of tower upgrades in the area? Thanks!

I drove by Glacier today and noticed that you are on the fringe.  It is going to bounce all over the place when indoors.  When outdoors you will pickup the tower on Shaw/Polk which is pretty screamin'.

The lousy indoor coverage is still pretty common from my experience all over Fresno for sure. I think that's just that way it is for now, not that that helps but...

When LTE 800 is all over town.... it should get better.

Indoor LTE coverage is also lousy in Hanford even in stores within 1 mile radius of the tower - all towers only have 1900MHz LTE and not 800MHz LTE. Band 26 can't come soon enough!

An update on the 3G downtown Merced flagpole tower at Costco - I noticed they pulled the flag and cover out, so the Sprint/T-Mobile antennas were exposed. Surprised that the antennas weren't located at the top. Equipment didn't look new, but at least they're starting to do something.

The throw on Band 26 is really nice in Kerman.  5 miles away in my home and I am recieving LTE coverage.  I also have an AirRave and the LTE will supersede it.  I may not need the AirRave, but am holding on until all optimization is finished.  

• Like 1

The throw on Band 26 is really nice in Kerman.  5 miles away in my home and I am recieving LTE coverage.  I also have an AirRave and the LTE will supersede it.  I may not need the AirRave, but am holding on until all optimization is finished.  

Unless you turn off LTE on the handset, you cannot use an Airave with a tri band handset.  So, if you have consistent LTE at home, all calls incoming/outgoing will be through the macro network.  The Airave will sit unused.

AJ

• Like 2

Unless you turn off LTE on the handset, you cannot use an Airave with a tri band handset.  So, if you have consistent LTE at home, all calls incoming/outgoing will be through the macro network.  The Airave will sit unused.

AJ

Good.  The AirRave was nice but has its own problems like handing off to the macro network.  So if service is improved to where i no longer drops calls then I will go without the AR. I just don't want to jump the gun and then they optimize it where I am no longer with good service.  

I have to admit that I don't understand the "empty" spots around Kerman where it drops all data and barely any voice service and you can see the tower.  For instance, the Taco Bell drive through.  You can have LTE until you drive around to the window.  Then NOTHING.

My hope is that they use the old Nextel tower.  If they do that we will be well served in the Kerman area. 

Good. The AirRave was nice but has its own problems like handing off to the macro network. So if service is improved to where i no longer drops calls then I will go without the AR. I just don't want to jump the gun and then they optimize it where I am no longer with good service.

I have to admit that I don't understand the "empty" spots around Kerman where it drops all data and barely any voice service and you can see the tower. For instance, the Taco Bell drive through. You can have LTE until you drive around to the window. Then NOTHING.

My hope is that they use the old Nextel tower. If they do that we will be well served in the Kerman area.

You are likely between sectors. They typically aim sectors for 360 degrees with three sectors. In the areas between each sector, signal does not go out very far. Especially of not optimized and running full power.

However, sometimes a site only has two sectors, if they are just pointing up and down a highway. And sometimes they will point three sectors over 200-300 degrees, instead of a full 360°. It all depends on where they think most of the users are and how it was designed.

I don't know in your specific site. Just throwing out some explanations of why it might be this way intentionally.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

AJ

This precisely.

New tower went live in my town about 2-3 weeks ago.  We are at the 'edge' of being between sectors - and the tower is 1 mile away as a the crow flies.  Fair amount of trees blocking view of the tower between it and our house.  We have unplugged the airave and will send it back to Sprint.

Inside of my house - even in the basement - we get 1-2 bars of B25/B26 LTE.  Initial impression is that your cellular signal is low - but that is not the case.  As soon as you go to make a phone call, and the phone switches back to the CDMA side, signal immediately pegs to 4-5 bars - and calls are crystal clear.

I am extremely happy with the service here now - really negates the need for an Airave.  :)

• Like 2

I have yet to see B26 anywhere here in Bakersfield plenty of little spots of 1x800 anyone know when that might launch here? also

wish that Sprint would improve Signal Strength in those weak areas around town like California ave & Real rd & beyond also truxtun ave is bad in those low spots just wish they would start to get on the ball & use all the old Nextel towers 

I have yet to see B26 anywhere here in Bakersfield plenty of little spots of 1x800 anyone know when that might launch here? also

wish that Sprint would improve Signal Strength in those weak areas around town like California ave & Real rd & beyond also truxtun ave is bad in those low spots just wish they would start to get on the ball & use all the old Nextel towers

Say thanks to San Bernardino County Public Safety blocking lte 800 deployment in your area.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Congrats! You've been waiting so long! ENJOY!

Hopefully this is the beginning of lots more all over the area, haven't seen any in Fresno/Cloivs yet. I do keep getting 1x800 for a couple days and then it goes back to 1xrtt again, very strange as when it does go on it seem to be pretty much all over town.

Edited by Mikeclar