Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I'm with you there....

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I swear its a once a week thing this year....it seems like I'm spending more time with the sump pump and the shop vac than I do with my wife.

800smr will be huge. First post on the HTC ONE

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It will be huge for places in fringe areas and inside buildings with thick walls or no windows. 800LTE next year will be even bigger.

Anyone have a feel for how long after a site has been wired up before we might start seeing 4G tests?  I'm wondering about the Bethalto tower?

Fubie

Varries a lot from over a year to less than a week. Most in a week to a month I think. Lately I thunk lilg740 said abiut 2 weeks for our local area.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Varries a lot from over a year to less than a week. Most in a week to a month I think. Lately I thunk lilg740 said abiut 2 weeks for our local area.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yea it seems like 2 weeks for any given tower

Anyone have a feel for how long after a site has been wired up before we might start seeing 4G tests?  I'm wondering about the Bethalto tower?

Fubie

It depends, I'm worried about the backhaul situation in Metro East. As of now, there are no Illinois sites south of the Chicago Metro that are 4G accepted. All 3G accepted only. 

is there any way to know what backhaul provider(s) they are using for mo market and/or stl metro areas?

is it individually based on towers or groups of towers, or city/area wide, or whoever can get best contract/delivery dates?

It's not unusual for me to have 4G on I-270 between McDonnell and I-170, due to the I-270 & (North) Lindbergh site.  However yesterday and today I actually checked the SCIDs on the way to work.  East of I-170 I get 220 and around Lindbergh I get 51.  No surprises there.

However somewhere between Lindbergh and McDonnell, It switches to 455!  I would have expected 389 if I was still on the Lindbergh site.

Not sure where 455 is coming from.  I don't see that SCID in the MO spreadsheet.  Maybe the flagpole right there there by Dunn & Howdershell?  There were crews working on that site a couple months ago.  Seems like a pretty short range, as the signal disappears by the time I get to McDonnell.  Or maybe it's a long range shot from the newly accepted site up further on Lindbergh?

If I get a chance I'll investigate on the way home...

Could be the site at MO Bottom near 270

It's not unusual for me to have 4G on I-270 between McDonnell and I-170, due to the I-270 & (North) Lindbergh site.  However yesterday and today I actually checked the SCIDs on the way to work.  East of I-170 I get 220 and around Lindbergh I get 51.  No surprises there.

However somewhere between Lindbergh and McDonnell, It switches to 455!  I would have expected 389 if I was still on the Lindbergh site.

Not sure where 455 is coming from.  I don't see that SCID in the MO spreadsheet.  Maybe the flagpole right there there by Dunn & Howdershell?  There were crews working on that site a couple months ago.  Seems like a pretty short range, as the signal disappears by the time I get to McDonnell.  Or maybe it's a long range shot from the newly accepted site up further on Lindbergh?

If I get a chance I'll investigate on the way home...