Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Anyone know if this is Sprint on top?  They have been working on this tower the last few days, putting in new panels.  This is in Hillsboro, MO attachicon.gifTower.jpg

I see something that resembles RRU's on the panel on the left side, but I have never seen those legacy panels before.

Edit on second look the panels on the corners on the far left on the top and the one near the hoist rope look to be Spint NV but I can't be certain without a better pic.

I'll have to bring in an actual camera tomorrow.  They have replaced some of the panels with new ones.  They are also working inside one of the buildings below. There isn't a label on it of course.  The other 2 buildings are labeled with Verizon and at&T.

I'll have to bring in an actual camera tomorrow.  They have replaced some of the panels with new ones.  They are also working inside one of the buildings below. There isn't a label on it of course.  The other 2 buildings are labeled with Verizon and at&T.

How many panels were there before? Generally when Sprint comes in to upgrade to NV they leave the panels up. Generally there is only 1 or 2 panels per sector and then they will add the NV Panel. The legacy panels I've seen around here are much skinnier than those. I am not that great at spotting legacy Sprint panels. Were there any company names on the trucks? With what you have show me I am leaning towards this is Sprint NV in progress.

Yup when I drove past today I saw no trucks out front.  The new equipment appears to be up there.  I can see a shiny bar of some sort....I just noticed it from 44 while driving by it caught my eye as extra new/shiny looking.

Yeah I saw the bar too from Manchester. 

Hopefully they have some good back haul for this tower. With the Mall and all the big headquarters here bandwidth for 3G has always been cruddy.

Was getting gas at Bowles and 141 when I saw a truck and trailer pull up to the sprint tower. I drove over and rolled down my window and got to talk to the guy for a moment before he got to work. He said something about base work with lines and epoxy... But that he doesn't know what will be done up in the tower later... Just that they are doing some base work.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1370972483897.jpg

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1370972500384.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just an update on this....I drove by again around noon today and the same truck was back there.  I saw sparks flying as he was cutting some metal.

There were 3 panels per sector, and they only replace some of the panels.

The company is True North Management services.  It looks like there are 2 RRU's on 2 out of 3 sectors.

True north is the company that did the one in Bethalto

8964215502_bb3503f9df_o_d.jpg

There were 3 panels per sector, and they only replace some of the panels.

The company is True North Management services.  It looks like there are 2 RRU's on 2 out of 3 sectors.

It might have been a Sprint/Nextel Synergy site, where they took a Nextel Panel down and slapped up a Sprint CDMA panel. 

Just yesterday afternoon, I drove down New Halls Ferry from 270 to Chambers with LTE Discovery running in cycle mode.  I was curious to see if that site was on.  My phone cycled out of airplane mode within sight of the tower.  No 4G.  Maybe I'll make another trip.

Are you seeing that it has been accepted?  4G?

Drove back down to the site at Lucas and Hunt & New Halls Ferry this afternoon looking for LTE.  Still no joy.

Went out to check a traffic signal at Forsyth & Wallace and had 4G light up on my phone this afternoon driving east on Forest Park Parkway at Central Ave in Clayton. It was gone before I could get it mapped though. It could be the site in Brentwood, or it could be the rooftop site right in that area.

Also tried to check out the site there on the light standard at the Wash-U baseball field, there are 4 light standard there with panels on them, could tell which was Sprint. There was construction going on on Forsyth so I couldn't get to the field for a closer look.

So they replaced all 3 corner panels. Each of the new panels appear to have 2 RRU's.

Charter put in fiber from the headend on old 21 straight to a new vault by the tower.

I have to go to some meetings in Kirkwood so I may not get better pictures till Friday.

It looks like NV late to me. Wonder how long till it's lit up.

The tower is right behind my office at hwy 21 and b

Can you dig up any news on Jackson MO?  Bounced in and out of roam all day yesterday and a very weak signal this morning.

I've got nothing but the progress that you told me about. Have you notice any more work?

I've got nothing but the progress that you told me about. Have you notice any more work?

Not at the site that is giving us problems.  It appears all work is complete but backhaul and it is already there for AT&T (you can see where they ran it to the shed).  However there is a microwave on the tower so I was curious if Sprint would be using that.

94 and Cedar Glen Dr near Cottleville -58 EHRPD showing and 0.1 Mbps. Come on NV we need ya

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Checked out the site near 141/Bowles again today. Those workers from the past 2 days are done. Here's what I found.

A box outside the fence with scraps from drilling:
uploadfromtaptalk1371142832976.jpg

Seemingly random metal scraps left there that have been cut:
uploadfromtaptalk1371142849697.jpg

There are several of these new giant bolts around the tower (you can even see the time/date written behind it)
uploadfromtaptalk1371142867630.jpg

As expected by my brief conversation with the guy a couple days ago, the cabinets weren't touched and nothing up in the tower was touched, just stuff right at the base.

I have no idea what they are planning to do with this thing now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well breaking news..  Crews have started work in Cape Girardeau.  They have two trucks and the one with the trailer has the cabinets on it.   :)

Nearest intersection?

Did you happen to snap any pics?

I will mark it on the sheet but that isn't good enough for the In progress thread.

I was on the phone when I passed by the site.  I am going to swing back by there when I get off work tonight and I will get some pics then.

• Like 1