Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Will do. I was and am having connect and reconnect issues with Sprint in Ogden today (till about 6ish) like someone is messing with the towers, so I was checking there and saw the 26 and 41 band.

My phone was bouncing from 1x back to 3g all day today.  It seemed like it was on 1x more times then not though.  Could be just tower issues or they could have been testing towers today!!  That'd be cool :) 

I work in Ogden on Riverdale Rd. and I was using 3G all day since the wifi at my work is worse than the 3g. I never saw it switch to 1X at all.

Hmm. I work next to the baseball stadium and live up 20th so I would think we are on different towers. Not sure because admittedly im not a sponsor yet.

If they were testing it will still be another week or two before the sites get accepted.

Actually it can happen much quicker. It just depends on how good of a jib the install team did, everything hook up and installed properly. It also depends on if they are just going to do lte, 3g, 800 or all three at once. I'd guess in urban areas they will do lte first then do 3g just because 1900 voice is fine in most urban areas. But that's just a guess on the later part.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Actually it can happen much quicker. It just depends on how good of a jib the install team did, everything hook up and installed properly. It also depends on if they are just going to do lte, 3g, 800 or all three at once. I'd guess in urban areas they will do lte first then do 3g just because 1900 voice is fine in most urban areas. But that's just a guess on the later part.

It can happen quicker but generally doesn't.  In general its 1-2 weeks.  If it happens more quickly its usually because LTE is the only thing going live.  But remember I'm hopeful and cheering for 3g/4g simultaneous acceptances (refer to my post in the sponsors thread about that).  Also with 3g going away and only being on 1x they could have been doing the voice/911 testing in the area.  And I bet IF they were testing the 3g side it will be about a week or so before the "cluster" sites are accepted.  Can they get accepted earlier?  Yes!  Definitely!  Will it happen?  Most likely not.  Like I said in general (general begin the key word) it will be 1-2 weeks.  But hey if they were testing then of course I hope its earlier acceptances than the 1-2 weeks!  I'm just being realistic and going off what generally happens.

It can happen quicker but generally doesn't. In general its 1-2 weeks. If it happens more quickly its usually because LTE is the only thing going live. But remember I'm hopeful and cheering for 3g/4g simultaneous acceptances (refer to my post in the sponsors thread about that). Also with 3g going away and only being on 1x they could have been doing the voice/911 testing in the area. And I bet IF they were testing the 3g side it will be about a week or so before the "cluster" sites are accepted. Can they get accepted earlier? Yes! Definitely! Will it happen? Most likely not. Like I said in general (general begin the key word) it will be 1-2 weeks. But hey if they were testing then of course I hope its earlier acceptances than the 1-2 weeks! I'm just being realistic and going off what generally happens.

I understand what your saying completely except 3g isn't going away. There will be 1900pcs and 1900 lte from NV equipment. Also they can light up lte and still work on the 3g side of things once the cluster is ready.

I understand what your saying completely except 3g isn't going away. There will be 1900pcs and 1900 lte from NV equipment. Also they can light up lte and still work on the 3g side of things once the cluster is ready.

Sorry I meant a lot of us were dropping the 3g signal.  Thats what I meant about going away.

And I know they can still work on the 3g side of things after lte is lit up.  My theory is we will see a lot more 3g/4g acceptances than 4g only.  Thats why I said refer to my sponsors thread post.  And obviously I know 1900pcs and 1900 lte will be on NV equipment.  I should have been more clear in my previous post of everything I meant.  My main point I was making was the 1-2 weeks thing.  

Sorry I meant a lot of us were dropping the 3g signal. Thats what I meant about going away.

ah OK I was wondering about that you are usually on point with these things!

ah OK I was wondering about that you are usually on point with these things!

haha yeah...if I didn't know that I wouldn't even know the basics of NV.  Don't worry bosox...I'm still legit!  :mad2:

It can happen quicker but generally doesn't.  In general its 1-2 weeks.  If it happens more quickly its usually because LTE is the only thing going live.  But remember I'm hopeful and cheering for 3g/4g simultaneous acceptances (refer to my post in the sponsors thread about that).  Also with 3g going away and only being on 1x they could have been doing the voice/911 testing in the area.  And I bet IF they were testing the 3g side it will be about a week or so before the "cluster" sites are accepted.  Can they get accepted earlier?  Yes!  Definitely!  Will it happen?  Most likely not.  Like I said in general (general begin the key word) it will be 1-2 weeks.  But hey if they were testing then of course I hope its earlier acceptances than the 1-2 weeks!  I'm just being realistic and going off what generally happens.

which post???

10/30 - Spark is available today in five markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Tampa and Miami, Fla.

I guess this doesn't necessarily mean that our market isn't currently in the works but I guess I let my hopes get a little high with all the talk about Utah being one of the first markets to be deployed on the 2.5 GHz band.  Anyone else feeling this way?  Anyone have any consoling words? :)  You know so I can get my hopes up again haha.  The other thing that's bothering me is that these triband phones need a software update to use the network.  It almost sounds like they are going to restrict access to this faster band.  Any thoughts on that?  I feel like they could try and pass that off as something other than throttling and retain their truly unlimited slogan.  Unfortunately I can see Sprint doing that and not blinking as eye they certainly did that with the 10 premium data fee.

Well spark includes lte 800 which we don't have any live 800 lte sites yet here. We do have a lot of 2.6 though. I wouldn't expect spark for a while here anyways. Don't get sucked in by the hype that's what this site is all about keeping informed with real info not a bunch of marketing.

10/30 - Spark is available today in five markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Tampa and Miami, Fla.

I guess this doesn't necessarily mean that our market isn't currently in the works but I guess I let my hopes get a little high with all the talk about Utah being one of the first markets to be deployed on the 2.5 GHz band.  Anyone else feeling this way?  Anyone have any consoling words? :)  You know so I can get my hopes up again haha.  The other thing that's bothering me is that these triband phones need a software update to use the network.  It almost sounds like they are going to restrict access to this faster band.  Any thoughts on that?  I feel like they could try and pass that off as something other than throttling and retain their truly unlimited slogan.  Unfortunately I can see Sprint doing that and not blinking as eye they certainly did that with the 10 premium data fee.

Well spark includes lte 800 which we don't have any live 800 lte sites yet here. We do have a lot of 2.6 though. I wouldn't expect spark for a while here anyways. Don't get sucked in by the hype that's what this site is all about keeping informed with real info not a bunch of marketing.

"Spark" in general refers to the TD-LTE band, because that is what will be delivering the high speeds. This is why those 5 were listed as Spark markets, because they have the most TD-LTE deployment so far. No market has 800 LTE deployed.

SLC has TD-LTE deployed already, and more will be soon. But they can't call it a spark market until they at least have launched PCS LTE to go along with it, since a Spark market is supposed to have all three bands, even though only one of them will be delivering Spark speeds. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this has any merit but just upgraded my phone line and am getting a lot better download and upload speeds. My average the past couple of days have been .50 to 1 MB per second download. While the past two phone upgrades average was .15 to .30 download. It makes me wonder if sprint is throttling the speed even they say they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why do you think it would change all of the sudden??

and i know (by looking at your name over there)

my speeds were fine, till the i-phone hit.....

true story i-phones are data hogs...or rather dont use data as efficiently 

And the silence tells me that I am not the only one wondering if sprint is throttling there customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, i definitely think they are throttling too. i've called them out on it using a very solid argument and they didn't/wouldn't give me a straight solid answer.