Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I will run it and hopefully it will gather the information you are looking for.

why do the guys who can map the least accessible areas all have galaxy nexuses? you can map all you want down there,but be aware that the nexus puts false sensorly readings all over the map. the radio tends to hold onto weak and nonexistent signals for some reason...it makes sensorly inaccurate. Logan sensorly map...case in point.

Sprint LTE was turned on today in Cedar City, Utah all around the downtown area, SUU, and airport, possibly walmart too

It is not super fast, about 1.68 - 3.44 DL and 1.52-2.12 on UL

It is showing LTE:13

That looks like the panels are up and ready but the fiber backhaul is not.  Hopefully they can get some fiber installed soon.  There's many towers that are waiting on backhaul and have been for a while.

That looks like the panels are up and ready but the fiber backhaul is not. Hopefully they can get some fiber installed soon. There's many towers that are waiting on backhaul and have been for a while.

I don't believe they will turn on lte with out fiber in place.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

That looks like the panels are up and ready but the fiber backhaul is not. Hopefully they can get some fiber installed soon. There's many towers that are waiting on backhaul and have been for a while.

Well, you'll note that they really didnt.  It came up for what looks to be just 30 minutes.  Probably long enough to test out the equipment, signal and tilt, although normally they dont allow customers to connect, so I dont know, maybe that was an accident.  But what I do know is those speeds look an awful lot like two T1's

I know t-mobile allows customers to connect while they are tweaking, but they will force handoff back to HSPA+, usually within a minute or two.

Okay LTE is back up and running, was never off, just too weak to hold on to it when in my room.

I have done sensorly and multiple speed tests.

It works ALL over the area and has not been up or down like I suspected earlier. Consistently in building coverage too.

Here is a link to many screenshots of my phone. Let me know if I can provide anything else.

http://imgur.com/a/vuJGe

• Like 1

I'm almost positive they will not even test LTE without fiber in place.  I've seen those kinds of speeds plenty of times in LTE areas.  It just happens sometimes.  Those speeds are definitely better then the .2-.5mbps on 3g that I get.

I noticed as I was driving on Foothill I had 4g on my Samsung Galaxy S4, so it was LTE! I did a speed test several times along the way. It was best about halfway between University of Utah and I-80 and I got up to 15 mbps down and 4 mbps up! It was awesome and I can't wait to get Sprint LTE all over Salt Lake!

Okay LTE is back up and running, was never off, just too weak to hold on to it when in my room.

I have done sensorly and multiple speed tests.

It works ALL over the area and has not been up or down like I suspected earlier. Consistently in building coverage too.

Here is a link to many screenshots of my phone. Let me know if I can provide anything else.

http://imgur.com/a/vuJGe

Just a friendly reminder nexus devices are known to report false sensorly data due to some known issue. We do collect all the data we can in this thread http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4752-utah-market-spreadsheet-map/?p=210956 the couple posts should let you know what we look for and how to get that info if your not sure. Enjoy your LTE, Id guess Cedar city will get lit up pretty quickly if backhual is in place as it would be easier for an acceptance team to knock it out and not have to make several trips out there? Again welcome!

Just a friendly reminder nexus devices are known to report false sensorly data due to some known issue. We do collect all the data we can in this thread http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4752-utah-market-spreadsheet-map/?p=210956 the couple posts should let you know what we look for and how to get that info if your not sure. Enjoy your LTE, Id guess Cedar city will get lit up pretty quickly if backhual is in place as it would be easier for an acceptance team to knock it out and not have to make several trips out there? Again welcome!

The thread is password protected

Bosox probably didn't see if you were a sponsor or not.  You do have to be a sponsor to access that forum.  You get access to all the towers that sprint has and see all the progress here in Utah and around the country.  Its well worth being a sponsor if you donate :) I'm jealous of you guys down in Cedar City!!!

oh I assumed you were a sponsor. In that case make a donation and you will have access to some pretty cool info! There is a link in my signature in regards to sponsorship levels etc. Plus it helps keeps the lights in around here.

oh I assumed you were a sponsor. In that case make a donation and you will have access to some pretty cool info! There is a link in my signature in regards to sponsorship levels etc. Plus it helps keeps the lights in around here.

I mainly came on here to provide some new LTE information for the masses. Having been a Sprint customer since 1999, it has definitely had its ups and downs over the years. I just wanted to let people know that Cedar City is up and running. Speeds are awesome in full service bars areas but lack speed when in low signal areas. 

If you drive through Cedar City in the future, enjoy your LTE... :)

Edited by Sprint1999Present
  • Like 1

Nice to hear Cedar is lighting up LTE.  Not sure what "Priority" Sprint considers that market but I remember not long ago when they got 3G.  It seemed to take forever when most of the rest of the state already had it.  Beaver got 3G not long after Cedar City did.  3 of the lines on my account are primarily used in Beaver, in fact they have the 531 Cedar City prefix as Sprint doesn't have a local prefix for Beaver.  I think Beaver is a low priority market and from what I've read on here is a GMO (Ground Mount Option).  Anyways hope some of the Cedar City LTE love spreads a few miles north along I-15 to Beaver.

Nice to hear Cedar is lighting up LTE.  Not sure what "Priority" Sprint considers that market but I remember not long ago when they got 3G.  It seemed to take forever when most of the rest of the state already had it.  Beaver got 3G not long after Cedar City did.  3 of the lines on my account are primarily used in Beaver, in fact they have the 531 Cedar City prefix as Sprint doesn't have a local prefix for Beaver.  I think Beaver is a low priority market and from what I've read on here is a GMO (Ground Mount Option).  Anyways hope some of the Cedar City LTE love spreads a few miles north along I-15 to Beaver.

My opinion on why Cedar City was upgraded sooner than latter is due in part to the University, young people are influential and can make or break a market for trending/competing services. Verizon was dominating this area with their LTE until Oct 16, 2013. Plus the data network was so overloaded that it would be slower then 2G at times. Just my 2cents on why possibly.

not sure which thread was discussing difficulty getting their iphone 5s from AF sprint store. just thought i'd let you know i reserved a gold one (seem to be the hardest to find) at the AF best buy for my wife and i just got an email today saying it's in the store to pick up. just wanted to give you some hope that it'll be here soon if they're catching up on demand.

My opinion on why Cedar City was upgraded sooner than latter is due in part to the University, young people are influential and can make or break a market for trending/competing services. Verizon was dominating this area with their LTE until Oct 16, 2013. Plus the data network was so overloaded that it would be slower then 2G at times. Just my 2cents on why possibly.

uh no......that university is like a flea on a dogs butt in size compared to U of U, BYU, UVU, Weber State...not to mention more workers in the area...  So not to sound mean, but that logic is flawed..   If anything, it is because it is the size of the city...just small enough to not be overloaded, and not big enough to cause a fuss, if things go wrong....IE...South Logan, Tremonton, Spanish Fork, and NSL area, and I-80/215 areas are mostly industrial, or low income....soooo thats my thought.....

and the speed thing.....yea, 2g is the norm here unfortunately 

I think the main reason for Cedar getting 4g is residential/commercial density.  It's a hell of a lot easier run fiber through a small semi rural city than it is through 100 linear miles of concrete, commercial, and residential infrastructure. Also, there is a big difference between scheduling permitting and inspection within one city in one county vs. 30+ cities in 4 counties along the Wasatch front.  

Still, keep in mind that Utah, Salt Lake, Box Elder, and Davis counties all received 4G before Cedar City.  They didn't get it in Cedar any faster than anyone else.  Just another random ass 4G site. 

I was on my way down to St. George and had my phone ready to go to record the LTE in Cedar city along the way. I noticed that there was quite a stretch that the LTE was on. I would guess that I was picking up 2 to 3 towers. The picture is of the speed test that I ran along the way. The last speed test result was in Southern Cedar city and was the best result.

post-24754-0-48296800-1382195824_thumb.jpg

Has anybody that's driven along I15 near Tremonton notice any LTE? I didn't get any LTE there or during my trip to downtown SLC. I was using my Note 2 on Digiblur ROM with the 501 and 2006 prl.