Saw a tech at a tower

ryry4ya

So this is at one of my towers. I run over to the guy to ask some questions but, find out he works for Verizon. He told me he was there to switch out some higher capacity cards.He said people who monitor the network see it needs more capacity so, he switches out some cards to do this and when it goes back down he switches back out. I ask why not leave them in? He replies they are very expensive and can't. So with something like this, does this apply to my Sprint boxes? Do they just change something in the box for more capacity or for speed?

Doesn't sound anything out of the ordinary. If the tower doesn't need the channel cards. Take them out and put them somewhere else.

Except for event areas I highly doubt you will find many towers where data usage goes down.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Too many variables to conclude really anything. But,with the Push of 4G I bet 3G usage is starting to get underutilized.

Except for event areas I highly doubt you will find many towers where data usage goes down.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

He told me that tower was farthest east they had in that town so, he did add the cards. But i want to know is can this be done by Sprint? Smiply add bigger cards?

No such thing. EVDO cards are EVDO cards.1.25MHz channel width each. Neither Sprint nor Verizon are using EVDO Rev. B so no higher capacity cards.