1 Gbps TD-LTE Wireless Speeds

As a follow up thought to John Saw's statements referenced above, Clearwire might consider dropping many of its EBS 2600 MHz leases as it shutters WiMAX over the next few years. That would cut costs, yet Clearwire would still retain up to 55.5 MHz of contiguous BRS 2600 MHz spectrum (BRS2, E, F, H blocks), which would jive nicely with Clearwire's TD-LTE 40 MHz bandwidth plans.

http://wireless.fcc....S-BandPlans.pdf

AJ

I agree with you. Those leases cost money and they have not exactly been swimming in the dough. However, they could sublease them to other interested parties. I also agree with you on having more than 40 Mhz channels. The power bill alone for running more than 40MHz channel is going to be huge. Not to mention having to pay an arm and a leg for wideband amps.

There is no need for anything bigger than a 40 MHz channel. Anything bigger than a 40 MHz channel will only be used for speedtests to show off how fast speeds and nothing else. The average user does not need greater than 40 MHz worth of speeds to browse the internet or stream video. I would much rather have Clearwire deploy three 20 MHz LTE carriers for capacity than one 60 MHz LTE carrier.

• 3 weeks later...
This is the most recent "map" I found last year.

http://www.converged...le.asp?ID=34695

These are the most accurate and most recent maps/graphs out there. However, the map does miss several EBS spectrum holdings. They probably were newly negotiated leases after the map was made. Also, we should note that 150MHz is not available in all markets.

The EBS holdings are very variable from market to market. The EBS portions of Clearwire spectrum consist of whatever they could negotiate and lease from the local school/university.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner