VZW home LTE expansion

Looks like VZW's NOC told someone "yeah, our cell sites are basically idling in these markets", and VZW decided to actually do something with that capacity.

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-expands-lte-home-internet-more-rural-areas

I imagine these same markets are where Visible would work well (high latency aside).

Yeah, I've been waiting for this to happen. Surprised it has taken so long. But then I also wonder what the site requirements are to be part of this and what areas this is actually available in.

2 hours ago, iansltx said:

imagine these same markets are where Visible would work well

70% of Visible users I encounter online already have their SIM parked in an LTE router made to look like a phone.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Long live Wimax, Clearwire, Sprint Spark, Sprint LTE Advance, Sprint LTE Plus, Sprint!
    • Has your site been upgraded? Because B4/B66 performs worse on the new Nokia AAFIA Massive MIMO equipment in Texas. Before the upgrades, T-Mobile physically split sectors for B2/4/66 and coverage+performance was pretty impressive. B4/66 coverage was actually very close to that of B2 (even outperforming it in some instances). Now that my local tower has been upgraded, I still receive B12 and B2 from it. But my B4/66 now comes from a different neighboring tower as my home tower's B4/66 is drowned out. As you can imagine, I no longer get the same peak speeds as before since CA doesn't play nice with bands coming from different towers. Even the newly added B41 has a better reach than B4/66 (getting 80+ mbps downloads on B41+B41, T-Mobile just needs to optimize load balancing as B41 thresholds seem very conservative).
    • I don't have the "hearing me" problem, but I bet it's network related..... I just rarely get calls and texts when people call me or text me. Telemarketers seem to always get through but never the important calls. The New T-mobile sucks just as hard as the Old Sprint. 
    • At one point i was on B66 all the time at our house, but now i almost never see Band 66.  I haven't paid attention to the PLMNs,  i will have to check.  We haven't had the issue in a few days, hopefully they have fixed whatever the issue was.  
    • It's amazing how quickly T-Mobile is integrating Sprint's network assets after the merger and putting itself on real competitive footing with Verizon/AT&T. With the launch of the 5G iPhone, uptake of new 5G devices on T-Mobile's network must be substantial. T-Mobile's midband capacity from Sprint is making a real difference in usability and speed.