New Line (Free?!) for Existing Customers?

mark

I've searched for ten minutes or so on this forum for discussion related to Sprint's current offer for existing customers: a free line?!

What's the catch?

We're a four phone Sprint family with, I guess, a grandfathered plan that sits squarely between the two existing Sprint plans.

If I sign up for an extra line (which has downgraded video and audio streaming bandwidths)...will my existing plan be modified in any way?

We've been with Sprint for nearly twenty years...in all that time only one real complaint.

Only certain plans are eligible. Other than paying activation fee and monthly taxes, there seems to be no catch.  ED1500 does nit seem to be eligible.

• Like 1

I've searched for ten minutes or so on this forum for discussion related to Sprint's current offer for existing customers: a free line?!
What's the catch?
We're a four phone Sprint family with, I guess, a grandfathered plan that sits squarely between the two existing Sprint plans.
If I sign up for an extra line (which has downgraded video and audio streaming bandwidths)...will my existing plan be modified in any way?
We've been with Sprint for nearly twenty years...in all that time only one real complaint.

It doesn't affect your plan or any of your other lines in any way. The existing lines keep their plan, and the new line has its own plan of sorts that can't be changed.

Honestly I'm a little confused why they did this. I guess it would be good to get as a line for a son or daughter (or grandparent?) who doesn't have one yet, but I got one just to have for logging/mapping or in case I find a use in the future. I don't think you can port in to it, so it would really just be an extra line? Most people I'm guessing probably won't use it too much and won't consume that much data, especially with the throttling, such that it doesn't really cost them anything to provide. So it's a freebie that doesn't cost Sprint/T-Mobile much, if anything.

On the other hand, if it allows port ins (or someone doesn't care about losing their number), then that's a different story. And it would potentially get new customers who may upgrade to a paying plan in the future if they want HD streaming or hotspot.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, ingenium said:

It doesn't affect your plan or any of your other lines in any way. The existing lines keep their plan, and the new line has its own plan of sorts that can't be changed.

Honestly I'm a little confused why they did this. I guess it would be good to get as a line for a son or daughter (or grandparent?) who doesn't have one yet, but I got one just to have for logging/mapping or in case I find a use in the future. I don't think you can port in to it, so it would really just be an extra line? Most people I'm guessing probably won't use it too much and won't consume that much data, especially with the throttling, such that it doesn't really cost them anything to provide. So it's a freebie that doesn't cost Sprint/T-Mobile much, if anything.

On the other hand, if it allows port ins (or someone doesn't care about losing their number), then that's a different story. And it would potentially get new customers who may upgrade to a paying plan in the future if they want HD streaming or hotspot.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I think T-Mobile is just wanting to reduce Sprint churn, an extra free line increases value and makes it harder to leave.

• Like 2