MIMO capacity question

red_dog007

Was thinking about this.  

Sprints 2.5GHz really is gold, even vs 100s of MHz of mmWave.  

Im not sure the TDD config on mmWave and Im also not sure what speeds 5G is expected to have over LTE, so I am using LTE known speeds and config 1.? So bare with me on these rough estimates. ~115Mbps at 20MHz carrier.  So VZW is 115Mbps x5 (for 100MHz) x 9 (for 900MHz) mmWave is 2x2 MIMO.   So theoretical maximum would be ~5.2Gbps. *However, current Snagdragon X50/55 only do 8xCA on mmWave (4.6Gbps).

Sprint 2.5GHz is 32x32MIMO on 40/60MHz is ~3.7/5.5Gbps capacity.

So Sprint will be limited on the device side due to 4x4 MIMO.  But capacity wise, Sprint is ready to take on mmWave with the massive mimo gear they are deploying. 

What is the question?

The only thing missing is qam increases. But qam and MIMO kind of fight each other. QAM like strong clean signal and MIMO needs things to bounce off of(spacial defersity). Spacial defersity is why it will probably only be a 8x increase with 32x32 MIMO and not the 16x. (But that is real world vs true capacity.)

On 9/14/2019 at 12:16 PM, red_dog007 said:

Im not sure the TDD config on mmWave and Im also not sure what speeds 5G is expected to have over LTE, so I am using LTE known speeds and config 1.?

This page is fairly accurate:

https://5g-tools.com/5g-nr-throughput-calculator/

Here are the NR TDD configs:

https://imgur.com/a/RswhH8p

• Like 1