Sign in to follow this  
bookertdub

What's the latest carrier Update?

Got a carrier update notice yesterday? Is it updated to 34.0 now? I only ask because I've looked up online see a couple of mentions of 34.1 mentions.

Any idea what this latest carrier update is supposed to do?

Anyways I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus running on iOS 12.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What carrier bundle do you have? Some iPhones 8 and up received carrier bundle 34.1 on iOS 12.1. Some who are on the 12.1.1 beta have received 34.5.5, but I believe again only 8s and up.

Assuming carrier update and bundle are the same thing, I'm currently on 34.0. I'm trying to think if it's normal to get a completed update notification once the update has been applied or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we're referring to the same thing. 34.0 is recent and based on what I can glean probably the latest available for anything below an 8. The 8 and above have been getting updates related to VoLTE. Hopefully someone else can confirm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shade00 said:

Yes, we're referring to the same thing. 34.0 is recent and based on what I can glean probably the latest available for anything below an 8. The 8 and above have been getting updates related to VoLTE. Hopefully someone else can confirm. 

This is correct.

On iOS 12.1 all iPhone 8s and above should have Sprint 34.1 while older models should have Sprint 34.0. On the iOS 12.1.1 beta, iPhone 8s and newer should have Sprint 34.5.5, which supports VoLTE. 

• Like 1

12.1.1 Beta 2 includes Sprint 35.0, and the XS Max has modem firmware version 1.02.16, Beta 1 had 1.02.09.