Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

I mapped out Bowles/Littleton Blvd from Sante fe to Lowell. Took a bunch of speed tests on sensorly. When you get a chance take a look at the speed test around Lowell Blvd and Bowles. Also getting stronger signals on South Wadsworth from Tufts to Bowles. Got some great speed tests there also. With the workers at the South wadsworth and 470 tower the past few days, the workers on C470 and hamden, then the bandemere crew (tower about a half mile north, it looks to me like the south west side of town is getting some serious love. Was at I70 and 6th avenue, and I picked up strong Lte in the whole area without having to force my phone. Wow!

I made the mistake of defending sprint on a couple of their community forums (customer for 10+ years). The titles of the forums were something along the lines of "sprint service sucks" and "we should get money back for no LTE" now my inbox gets flooded with updates mostly of idiots complaining that their phones didn't work for a second and now they are switching carriers. They have absolutely no idea what they are talking about or what the new NV will look like. I really can't thank everyone here enough for being so positive and informative. I prefer intelligent, informative conversation rather than ALL CAPS complaining with 1 out of 5 words misspelled.

ah education is a wonderfull thing!

Remember that posting slow speeds tests for the sake of posting speed tests is against the rules.

In this particular case, the sector you are connected to is likely overburdened. The legacy network was not built with the intention of handling the voice and mostly data traffic that it has to now.

Jumping all over somebody for posting a slow speed test for the sake of posting a slow speed test should be reserved for people who are doing just that.

It was obvious jthawks was simply asking a question. If you go back an look at his many other recent speed test posts showing good signals without him forcing LTE and couple that with his excitement, it's simple to see that's all his intentions were. How he had to defend himself afterward was unnecessary.

I mapped out Bowles/Littleton Blvd from Sante fe to Lowell. Took a bunch of speed tests on sensorly. When you get a chance take a look at the speed test around Lowell Blvd and Bowles. Also getting stronger signals on South Wadsworth from Tufts to Bowles. Got some great speed tests there also. With the workers at the South wadsworth and 470 tower the past few days, the workers on C470 and hamden, then the bandemere crew (tower about a half mile north, it looks to me like the south west side of town is getting some serious love. Was at I70 and 6th avenue, and I picked up strong Lte in the whole area without having to force my phone. Wow!

Dude, that's exciting! Did you have to force LTE on Bowels from Santa Fe to Lowell? I mapped out that exact area a few weeks ago, but had to force LTE. Then on Monday I wasn't getting LTE anywhere down there, forced or not. I was hoping that was a good sign of activity at the cell site! I work part time at the corner shopping center there and have been watching it closely during my shifts. If you got that without forcing anything, you will have just made my week!

Dude, that's exciting! Did you have to force LTE on Bowels from Santa Fe to Lowell? I mapped out that exact area a few weeks ago, but had to force LTE. Then on Monday I wasn't getting LTE anywhere down there, forced or not. I was hoping that was a good sign of activity at the cell site! I work part time at the corner shopping center there and have been watching it closely during my shifts. If you got that without forcing anything, you will have just made my week!

sorry it was forced, but stronger than an acre of garlic! It makes me think that site is accepted, just not turned on yet

Jumping all over somebody for posting a slow speed test for the sake of posting a slow speed test should be reserved for people who are doing just that.

It was obvious jthawks was simply asking a question. If you go back an look at his many other recent speed test posts showing good signals without him forcing LTE and couple that with his excitement, it's simple to see that's all his intentions were. How he had to defend himself afterward was unnecessary.

His post was on the line. I know the intent wasn't malicious, or I would have deleted the post. 

It was a simple reminder, for everyone, not just him. I was not "jumping all over somebody." 

• Like 3

Yes. ... Just watched guys climbing all over the towers by my house. .. Come on lte.... any updates for pueblo Colorado?

are you in pueblo. Where were the towers? please give me some big intersections.

Lte is turned on there. I am assuming it's a cluster.

Has anybody been picking up any decent 800 voice signals along the front range?

Lots of people have. My phone is on 1x800 right now in Boulder County.

• Like 1

Lots of people have. My phone is on 1x800 right now in Boulder County.

Right on. Thanks. I have been connected all morning at my house for the first time. Exciting stuff!

Today's the 6th... Isn't something magical supposed to happen today? LolSent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I hope he wasn't just trolling us, lol! I'll be keeping a close eye on my phones all day and will update here if I notice anything. I know Santa Claus will be all over it if he gets something as well!

• Like 3

I hope he wasn't just trolling us, lol! I'll be keeping a close eye on my phones all day and will update here if I notice anything. I know Santa Claus well be all over it if he gets something as well!

Santa is not as lucky as you. I am in littleton on 3G. What part of town are you in? Thanks!

Hey all!

I've been lurking for quite some time and wanted to post my first question.

I have the Note 3 and just got KitKat pushed to it.  Love that Sprint quickly pushed out an update for this phone :)

I'm also pumped to get LTE in Denver and very jealous of my friends that have LTE all over...

I live at 225 and 25, do I need to do anything on the phone to force it to look for LTE?  Any reports of that area getting LTE coverage?

I've been using Sensorly but my speed tests are pretty dismal and I want my first Sensorly picture on here to be a good result :)

-Jake

• Like 1

Hey all!

I have the Note 3 and just got KitKat pushed to it.  Love that Sprint quickly pushed out an update for this phone :)

I'm also pumped to get LTE in Denver and very jealous of my friends that have LTE all over...

I live at 225 and 25, do I need to do anything on the phone to force it to look for LTE?  Any reports of that area getting LTE coverage?

I've been using Sensorly but my speed tests are pretty dismal and I want my first Sensorly picture on here to be a good result :)

-Jake

Jake call sprint and request your Msl #. It's a 6 digit #. Tell them you are cranked about 4glte, and want to force your phone in Lte mode only. I did this and they gave it to me. there is a code you type in to get into your systems settings. My phone is different than yours, so would someone else with your phone shoot you the code , so that you can enter your msl code and get to all of your settings. In that screen you can change to LTE mode only.  (Sprint may walk you through it, if you ask them)..  I25 and hamden has a very strong LTE signal every day, look at sensorly on your cell and you will see the speed tests. I pass through that area every day, and it's not turned on yet. You can only get it in forced mode. Remember you will have no voice, when you force LTE only. Have fun. Santa

Jake call sprint and request your Msl #. It's a 6 digit #. Tell them you are cranked about 4glte, and want to force your phone in Lte mode only. I did this and they gave it to me. there is a code you type in to get into your systems settings. My phone is different than yours, so would someone else with your phone shoot you the code , so that you can enter your msl code and get to all of your settings. In that screen you can change to LTE mode only.  (Sprint may walk you through it, if you ask them)..  I25 and hamden has a very strong LTE signal every day, look at sensorly on your cell and you will see the speed tests. I pass through that area every day, and it's not turned on yet. You can only get it in forced mode. Remember you will have no voice, when you force LTE only. Have fun. Santa

Santa,

Thanks for the info!

I will give Sprint a ring.

Why can't I use Voice and Data on LTE only?  Is that just when doing the MSL force or is that how LTE is going to work?  I presume the answer is just for the MSL force.

-Jake

Santa,

Thanks for the info!

Why can't I use Voice and Data on LTE only?  Is that just when doing the MSL force or is that how LTE is going to work?  I presume the answer is just for the MSL force.

-Jake

just for the force. Look up ecsfb issues in earlier threads. Or check on it in google.

Santa is not as lucky as you. I am in littleton on 3G. What part of town are you in? Thanks!

I'm in the Highlands neighborhood, around 38th and Sheridan. I'm going to be running errands today in Westy, Aurora, and Littleton. Hopefully I'll collect some good data to share. I'll have one of my G2's set to normal, the other forcing LTE, and if the rumors are true I'll see some band 25 on my iPad. My girlfriend is driving so I can collect data. It's an awesome scavenger hunt for any grown child!

• Like 1

Hey all!

-Jake

There's no reason to force LTE only on your device. It will pick up LTE anywhere that Band 25 (PCS) LTE is live.

Santa,

Thanks for the info!

-Jake

The Note 3 is an SvLTE capable device. If you are not in LTE only mode, you will be able to use voice and data at the same time.