XFinity Mobile

danlodish345

Friend of mine just started using it and so far so good.  He was a Verizon customer too but needed to save money.  I have been thinking of jumping ship after 12 plus years with sprint to save on cost.  Plus the obvious is Verizon is the best and everywhere.  

So I will love to hear from you guys on is it worth the switch,  should I stay with sprint and just give me your guy's opinions.  

Thanks

9 hours ago, Thomas L. said:

Can you activate it on any Verizon phone?

No you cannot activate just any phone yet. You can only use one of the phones that you buy from their website. They do not allow bring your own devices yet.

5 hours ago, jthawks said:

Friend of mine just started using it and so far so good.  He was a Verizon customer too but needed to save money.  I have been thinking of jumping ship after 12 plus years with sprint to save on cost.  Plus the obvious is Verizon is the best and everywhere.  

So I will love to hear from you guys on is it worth the switch,  should I stay with sprint and just give me your guy's opinions.  

Thanks

I jumped from T-Mobile to Xfinity mobile and I got a very good deal on the iPhone 7 Plus. But there is one downside after using 20 GB of data they will slow you down to 1.5 MB a second. But the coverage I get is absolutely fantastic.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I jumped from T-Mobile to Xfinity mobile and I got a very good deal on the iPhone 7 Plus. But there is one downside after using 20 GB of data they will slow you down to 1.5 MB a second. But the coverage I get is absolutely fantastic.

The max I've used is about 15gigs. Just having to come up with 600 bucks to pay phone lease off an then give them the phone back doesn't sound appealing to me.  I'm glad your happy and like the coverage. Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, jthawks said:

The max I've used is about 15gigs. Just having to come up with 600 bucks to pay phone lease off an then give them the phone back doesn't sound appealing to me.  I'm glad your happy and like the coverage. Thanks for the info

your welcome and i was able to port out my number from T-Mobile...even though i owed money on the phone i was able to instantly port my number to X Finity.

28 minutes ago, jthawks said:

Also one other bit I would definitely go with Xfinity mobile you’ll get much better coverage than you would with Sprint. But then yet again I don’t know your area so if Verizon’s network works better go with them.

For a single line their price is very competitive (assuming you already have them for home broadband service).  Are there any shared plans or discounts for multi lines?

3 hours ago, avb said:

For a single line their price is very competitive (assuming you already have them for home broadband service).  Are there any shared plans or discounts for multi lines?

i have their home internet service..and there are no discounts for multi line plans...i didnt even have to finance much of the iphone 7 Plus...now the only other down side to the service is after 20 gigs of data they throttle you to 1.5 megs a second...

Are there stores you can sign up in? My dad and sister still live in a Comcast area and have their internet and cable tv already and I was going to mention this to them. They are currently on my Framily plan but Sprint service isn't great in their town and this seems pretty cheap. My dad never uses any data, so his line would basically be free or am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, travismheim said:

Are there stores you can sign up in? My dad and sister still live in a Comcast area and have their internet and cable tv already and I was going to mention this to them. They are currently on my Framily plan but Sprint service isn't great in their town and this seems pretty cheap. My dad never uses any data, so his line would basically be free or am I missing something?

You have to sign up over the phone or on their website. And you can only use a phone you buy from their website.  There is no bring your own device policy yet. So you would have to buy a phone from them either out right or finance it. And you can only get insurance when you purchased the phone you cannot add it later.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

You have to sign up over the phone or on their website. And you can only use a phone you buy from their website.  There is no bring your own device policy yet. So you would have to buy a phone from them either out right or finance it. And you can only get insurance when you purchased the phone you cannot add it later.

Do you know if you can have Apple Care on the iPhone's or do you have to have their own insurance? My sister currently has a iPhone 7 on lease and my dad has a LG G6 on installment billing so I would need to figure that part out but she only uses Apple Care. How was the porting process? They live in CA and I live in NY so doing anything with changing our family plan always seems way harder than it should be.

1 hour ago, travismheim said:

Do you know if you can have Apple Care on the iPhone's or do you have to have their own insurance? My sister currently has a iPhone 7 on lease and my dad has a LG G6 on installment billing so I would need to figure that part out but she only uses Apple Care. How was the porting process? They live in CA and I live in NY so doing anything with changing our family plan always seems way harder than it should be.

for apple care i m not to sure about...but they do provide their own insurance for 12 dollars a month per phone. there are no multi line discounts. there is no bring your own device policy.you can only use a phone with their service that you buy off their website..they have unlimited data..but after passing the 20 gig threshold you are throttled back to only 1.5 MBPS.  i was able to easily port my number from tmobile even though i owed them money...so it should be fairly easy.

• Like 1

Does using data while on xfinity wifi hotspots count against data?  Because that's free data usage if you're on another carrier but have xfinity for home broadband.

1 hour ago, avb said:

Does using data while on xfinity wifi hotspots count against data?  Because that's free data usage if you're on another carrier but have xfinity for home broadband.

no it doesnt count against data at all. and when your off the Xfinity wifi hotspot if you have the unlimited data plan which i recommend the data speeds are great. but the only draw backs are that wifi calling isnt turned on yet. and after you pass the 20 gigabyte threshold they will throttle you to 1.5 MPBS. 

4 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

no it doesnt count against data at all. and when your off the Xfinity wifi hotspot if you have the unlimited data plan which i recommend the data speeds are great. but the only draw backs are that wifi calling isnt turned on yet. and after you pass the 20 gigabyte threshold they will throttle you to 1.5 MPBS. 

Nice. I might have to look into Xfinity once they allow byod. At my office there is an Xfinity Hotspot available so I'm good there. Their throttled speeds are fine because 1.5Mb/s is basically they same throttle for streaming video that all the carriers use for for non-hd video streaming. 

3 minutes ago, avb said:

Nice. I might have to look into Xfinity once they allow byod. At my office there is an Xfinity Hotspot available so I'm good there. Their throttled speeds are fine because 1.5Mb/s is basically they same throttle for streaming video that all the carriers use for for non-hd video streaming. 

The service was just launched back in April. So I don’t know when  they will allow BYOD . Is having Wi-Fi calling a big deal to you? And I have tested the hotspot and it works fine on my iPhone.

10 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

The service was just launched back in April. So I don’t know when  they will allow BYOD . Is having Wi-Fi calling a big deal to you? And I have tested the hotspot and it works fine on my iPhone.

WiFi calling isn't a big deal to me. I do want a better phone selection than what' currently offered. 

1 minute ago, avb said:

WiFi calling isn't a big deal to me. I do want a better phone selection than what' currently offered. 

I totally agree with you on that. I save about $40 compared to T-Mobile and the coverage I get  actually much better. If you read the entire post it runs off of Verizon wireless 2G 3G and 4G LTE. I would highly recommend them once their selection gets better.

12 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I read that BYOD would start end of 2017 as well as Wi-Fi calling. I'm thinking I'm going to switch (to avoid being forced onto T-mobile) and try to bring my Sprint phone.

Just now, Jones said:

I read that BYOD would start end of 2017 as well as Wi-Fi calling. I'm thinking I'm going to switch (to avoid being forced onto T-mobile) and try to bring my Sprint phone.

Is it an iPhone that you’re trying to bring? Usually iPhones or more easily allowed on the MNVO carriers like this.  It does run off of Verizon wireless so we will have to see what happens. And if they can able both of those I would be ecstatic.

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I totally agree with you on that. I save about $40 compared to T-Mobile and the coverage I get  actually much better. If you read the entire post it runs off of Verizon wireless 2G 3G and 4G LTE. I would highly recommend them once their selection gets better.

I agree - for a single line it' a great deal.