iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

On 10/29/2017 at 3:37 AM, techcj_manzer said:

Everything is supported between later V and S iPhone models.(WiFi calling, CA, HD Voice, etc.) Nice thing about iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes everything is supported BUT some of the services need to be "Whitelisted" at the carrier. WiFi calling normally needs to be whitelisted at the carrier level. 

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news!   3xCA on Band 41 is now supported on iOS 10.2.1 via Carrier Update 27.2

The vibration "makes it feel better than a real one."   That's what she said.   AJ

Just an update:   I checked our Sprint account today and noticed that we have been given a $2047.48 credit to our account. We got a 128 GB 7 and two 128 GB 7 Plus's, and paid $100 down for each of t

• 2 weeks later...
You need to wait until iOS 12.1

Downloaded iOS 12.1 earlier today. Just came back from the supermarket. Just Sprint 1x and 3g. Still no T-Mobile roaming. Very sad.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mitsospiros said:

Downloaded iOS 12.1 earlier today. Just came back from the supermarket. Just Sprint 1x and 3g. Still no T-Mobile roaming. Very sad.

That is the first step. More steps from Sprint now.

That is disappointing. I hope T-Mobile roaming will come to this phone soon.  Not interested in buying a new phone yet. The 7plus is holding up extremely well for a 2 year old phone. Very solid. 

• Like 1

This is purely a guess but now that we know that the VoLTE trigger for the launch devices in the launch markets is in 12.1.1. (Currently Developer Beta 1) with a Carrier Bundle of 34.5.5 they might be using the T-mobile native roaming as a full in for VoLTE and it will be in that same bundle firmware update.

I can’t test this as I let my developer account lapse. I am hoping that the 12.1.1 is opened to beta testers today!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Got 12.1.1 on my iPhone 7 Plus. Still no T-Mobile roaming. I guess my expectations should be lowered. 

VoLTE not working either but that is not a big concern. I am in a launch market. 

On 12/8/2018 at 4:45 PM, Mitsospiros said:

Got 12.1.1 on my iPhone 7 Plus. Still no T-Mobile roaming. I guess my expectations should be lowered. 

VoLTE not working either but that is not a big concern. I am in a launch market. 

iPhone 7 works great on T-Mo native roaming - it's hard to know sometimes because it will often just say Sprint. This has been in effect since at least iOS 12.1. 

VoLTE does not work on iPhone 7 and below. 

• Like 1

You are right!  Was at the supermarket last night and I was on Band 4. I could finally use iMessage and Chase pay. Definitely will be keeping my 7 plus a bit longer now.  

• 1 year later...

Can confirm that my iPhone 7+ is not only roams on T-mobile, but I do believe this week at least in the San Diego market, T-mobile has lifted the 5 Mbps data throttle. The grocery store I normally go to would typically go to 3G once entering the store and now I received about 4 bars of service with download speeds of 48 Mbps, upload speeds of 10 Mbps, & a ping time of 43ms. I did a field test and saw I was on Band 4.