Turn off HD Calling - maybe in a service menu?

mtciii

I tried searching for things about HD, HD Voice, but I didn't find other threads, so I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse.

My girlfriend, her mother, and I all hate the way HD calling sounds. It's very...I dunno, robotic? and every time I see it's an HD call I'm just like, ugh. I'm very rarely in a situation where I care about the omission of background noise, so I don't see the benefit.

I know there's not a way to turn it off in the account, but what about on an individual device? We have S6's and a Moto X pure in the mix.

Sprint is moving into this. Not sure why you think its robotic when its amazing when I get to use it. Much more clear and sounds louder. Maybe you or someone is in an area where a tower is having issues and that you might want to open a support ticket with Sprint.

Maybe you or someone is in an area where a tower is having issues and that you might want to open a support ticket with Sprint.

Or maybe someone in the mix is a secret VZW user. 

Edited by cortney

Sprint is moving into this. Not sure why you think its robotic when its amazing when I get to use it. Much more clear and sounds louder. Maybe you or someone is in an area where a tower is having issues and that you might want to open a support ticket with Sprint.

I suppose it's possible. But it hasn't seemed to matter where I am or where the other person is. If it goes through as an HD call, it just sounds weird. Maybe I still have to get used to it.  :)

I suppose it's possible. But it hasn't seemed to matter where I am or where the other person is. If it goes through as an HD call, it just sounds weird. Maybe I still have to get used to it. :)

It's just something to get used to since our ears are used to the old crappy quality calls.

Sent from my LG-H790

• Like 1

It's just something to get used to since our ears are used to the old crappy quality calls.

Will it eventually be a cross-carrier thing, do you (or anyone else) know? As much as I'd love to see everyone I talk to switch to Sprint, I know it's not something that will ever happen.

• Like 1

Will it eventually be a cross-carrier thing, do you (or anyone else) know? As much as I'd love to see everyone I talk to switch to Sprint, I know it's not something that will ever happen.

It's something all the carriers have talked about with VoLTE HD calling compatibility but it's a ways out for Sprint. 

• Like 2

I tried searching for things about HD, HD Voice, but I didn't find other threads, so I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse.

My girlfriend, her mother, and I all hate the way HD calling sounds. It's very...I dunno, robotic? and every time I see it's an HD call I'm just like, ugh. I'm very rarely in a situation where I care about the omission of background noise, so I don't see the benefit.

I know there's not a way to turn it off in the account, but what about on an individual device? We have S6's and a Moto X pure in the mix.

For the S6, try this.

Go to phone dialer and dial ##DATA#.

Go to edit and enter your MSL code (if you don't have it, check your phone activation email; should be 6 numbers)

Then go to Advanced.

tdRQofsl.png

Scroll down to 1xAdvanced

7w3sBHKl.png

Then disable it,

7B0cyPsl.png

Exit menu and reboot phone.

• Like 1