Verizon leasing Dish's spectrum?

bigsnake49

You mentioned starting another thread. I think all the content you mentioned could fit on this thread.

Carry on.

Sorry for the confusion, Fraydog.

What I meant is when I wrote the first of the two posts this morning, I stopped writing the first post, then continued with a second post, but both in this thread. The reason for continuing on from my first post to second post is because I've been having problems with this device shutting off in the midst of my posting, so I didn't want to lose what I wrote. Hence my continuation to the second post.

I mainly said it, in case someone was reading it while I was busy typing the next, and wondered why the sudden cutout, if I didn't somewhat explain. Ah, if only I just used my computer, but I'm too lazy to go get it.

Edit note : I must be getting my mind mixed up. I meant to have the notice about my 2nd post at the end of the first, not at the beginning of the second. I'm going to use my computer next time I post something long I want to be safe from a cutout, until I get a properly working device. I think I'll go offline now though. Too tired.

Yeah, 6MHz uplink 700.  40MHz on AWS4 which can be all used for downlink.  Then the recent AWS3.  The unpaired is 15MHz uplink which I think is nationwide.  Then the 10MHz of PCS. Plus Dish has been trying to get the L-band from Lightsquard (LTE Band 24) which they have all 34MHz of.  it has GPS interference concerns, but even with the proposed guard bands that still is another 20MHz that can be used there.

As is with the Dish spectrum they could do 40x15 with the AWS4 and unpaired AWS3.  I think this is the most intersting and what VZW would want to utilize first possibly.

Wasn't Charter interested in buying TWC for $50+ billion?  Maybe they'd be interested in buying Verizon FIOS, then Verizon could turn around and use that cash to buy Dish or lease the spectrum.  But if they lease the spectrum they are going to do long term lease.

I think if this happens, AT&T and TMobile will have to merge.  Long term they won't be able to compete unless they dip heavily into highband unlicensed.

VZW would be much better off going after all that highband.  I think 20x20+ over 700 and 800MHz is plenty for rural markets.

Hopefully though, if VZW makes a deal with Dish the FCC makes VZW offer an unlimited data plan of some sorts.  Maybe even make their spectrum protection sites offer wireless broadband or something.

God what a hodgepodge of non-standard spectrum Dish has. Building out that network and then getting devices for it seems like it would be a nightmare. 

• Like 3

Sprint could hardly use it though. It's not compatible with any of there current spectrum holdings

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

4th LTE band doesnt hurt

Edited by Tengen31

True if it was a 10mhz or 15 mhz id say take it. 5mhz just isnt cutting it on band 25 or 26 anymore

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Agreed. Dish's pcs could help increase higher FDD. Tho sprint has couple cities with 10X10. Band 41 is awesome and, will be sprint best source of Capacity. However yeah FDD-LTE cant stay 5x5 forever. Dont get me wrong all carriers have 5x5 areas.

Alright, I'm ready to share my pricing ideas for a Verizon/Dish merger, as I mentioned in an earlier post I made in contrast with AT&T's Wireless/DirecTv pricing. Here are some of them :

First of all, Verizon ought to reduce the Per Line rate for all customers, starting with non-Dish customers down to $10 each, monthly. Then for Dish customers, $5 each, monthly. Verizon should simplify line pricing matching these rates on all devices and device types.

The next step, is the Per GB Data Plan rates. For all customers, $45 monthly for 5gb, $60 monthly for 10gb, $75 monthly for 15gb, $90 monthly for 20gb, $105 monthly for 25gb, $120 monthly for 30gb, $135 monthly for 35gb, $150 monthly for 40gb, $165 monthly for 45gb, $180 monthly for 50gb, $195 monthly for 55gb, then continue pricing at $5 per gb. Overage rates ought to be reduced to $10 per gb.

Dish customers ought to have a choice of additional data or discount to these rates, based on what they spend on Dish, monthly. I think it ought to be 1gb addition per $10 spent, or $1 off each $10 spent. Also, I think Verizon ought to have a better ala carte pricing option for Dish than what Verizon currently has with its television service, with a simplified $5 monthly per standard channel package, and $15 monthly per premium channel package.

Those are just some of my pricing ideas. I'd rather customers have a per gb overage based rate plan and a per channel rate plan. Although, I'm basing this on what pricing systems currently aree being used by Verizon. I'm only modifying the rates and discounts.

If Verizon were to sell Fios assets wouldn't Google be a good buyer? I mean it would expand Google Fiber into new markets and gain them customers. And Google clearly has the cash. I thought Verizon was selling non-fiber landline stuff to Frontier?

• Like 1

If Verizon were to sell Fios assets wouldn't Google be a good buyer? I mean it would expand Google Fiber into new markets and gain them customers. And Google clearly has the cash. I thought Verizon was selling non-fiber landline stuff to Frontier?

I've read something about Verizon selling to Altice. Google would be a good buyer though. Anything to expand Google Fiber. I would of course love to see Google Fiber here in the Chicago suburbs.

I've read something about Verizon selling to Altice. Google would be a good buyer though. Anything to expand Google Fiber. I would of course love to see Google Fiber here in the Chicago suburbs.

Aren't there companies in Chicago that are building out FTTH? 

Aren't there companies in Chicago that are building out FTTH?

I'm not sure, other than I've heard AT&T mentioned. Although, I'm unaware of any development in any of the suburbs around me. I'd really like for Google Fiber to be here so that I'd be able to cancel Uverse and get much better speeds using Google Fiber.

Altice just bought Suddenlink (and Cablevision), plus I think Google would be the better buyer. 

Edited by pdubbs03
  • Like 1

I'm not sure, other than I've heard AT&T mentioned. Although, I'm unaware of any development in any of the suburbs around me. I'd really like for Google Fiber to be here so that I'd be able to cancel Uverse and get much better speeds using Google Fiber.

AT&T FTTH roll outs are to places that already have fiber, they aren't laying fiber to replace cables. 

• Like 1

That is disappointing. Hopefully Google Fiber will end up here then.

Yeah basically AT&T is done with "wires" my parents according to broadband.gov have AT&T/Comcast available, Comcast isn't down their street, AT&T served the previous home owners with DSL and tell me they are to far to service it and the box is "full." I ended up having 2x T1s run to my parents house (thank god my dad has a business to expense it). AT&T spends next to nothing on landline expansion. Keep in my my parents live ~5 minutes off the Interstate in the 14th richest county in the USA.

Agreed. Dish's pcs could help increase higher FDD. Tho sprint has couple cities with 10X10. Band 41 is awesome and, will be sprint best source of Capacity. However yeah FDD-LTE cant stay 5x5 forever. Dont get me wrong all carriers have 5x5 areas.

Dish's PCS H block spectrum is a mess.  It has to deal with power restrictions because it is adjacent to AWS-4 uplink and needs a new band created for LTE. Neither Sprint nor any other carrier wants to deal with those issues.