2015 S4GRU Yahoo College Football Pickem group

PythonFanPA

Apparently, BYU will

Apparently BYU.  Holy freaking guacamole....how in the name of defensive football did at least one of the 3 guys covering that receiver not have the sense to get in front of him?  They just gave the game away. sFun_doh2%5B1%5D.gif

I was watching that game and saw that coming almost like it was in slow motion. Works for me though since I picked BYU  :D

I was looking and somebody with a lot more faith in BYU than myself assigned something like 25 confidence points to the Cougars  :twitch:. Lucky them!

I debated which team to pick, but I wouldn't have spent more than 1-5 points max on the pick regardless of which one I ended up choosing.  That was one of the hardest picks of the week to me.  Actually I think the only reason I went with Nebraska was because of it being a home game (had no idea about the home opener streak until tonight).  

I'm glad I did not put a whole lot of confidence points on Nebraska with BYU's win.  I can't believe I'm in first place so far, but still a lot of football left.  But most of my remaining games are low confidence points.  I'm glad I didn't put many confidence points on Arizona St beating Texas A&M.  I also took Texas over long odds against Notre Dame.  But only put one point on that.  ;)

The LSU game cancellation is going to kinda suck for everyone who assigned a higher point value to it.

Aside from the BYU hail mary (I won't call it a miracle) win, biggest surprise of the day is a tie between the Stanford and Penn State upsets.  Different contexts for both and not surprised by the actual upset occurring in either case, but very surprised by the margin in each case, especially PSU/Temple with all the Hackenburg talk coming in and the fact he was sacked 10 times in the game.     

• Like 1

I was looking and somebody with a lot more faith in BYU than myself assigned something like 25 confidence points to the Cougars  :twitch:. Lucky them!

That was me! Gotta have confidence in the alma mater

• Like 2

I was a little confused last night checking the points system and Robert was 1st place.

But they've updated this morning and now he is 6th place. I'm 4th. LSU not playing got me pretty good too.

It will be the last time you will see my name at the top of the leaderboard. I enjoyed the few hours I had it.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 1

Week 2 picks are up....first game of the slate is another Friday night game at 9 EDT/8 CDT/6 PDT, Utah vs. Utah State.

Already have my picks in. Hoping for a better week.

Already have my picks in. Hoping for a better week.

Picks are in as well. Man, that Oregon - Mich St. has me doubting. Lol at Kansas. That's the only sure game were a non P5 team will beat a P5 team.

Also, I just noticed I'm #2 in the leaderboard after week 1. I'm coming for you The_Q!!!

• Like 1

To lordsutch:  in the interest of sportsmanship and, in spite of it being a frustrating and heart-wrenching experience for me,  behaving with class - which as I'm sure you're aware isn't a given particularly within the realm of the SEC - congratulations, your guys played a heck of a game last night.

• Like 2

Sorry guys, I forgot to remind earlier in the week this week about picks - there are 3 people (aside from the 2 who haven't yet logged a pick anyway after signing up) who didn't get their picks in before the first game that started at 8 EDT:

Mrs. S4GRU

The_Q

Greenbastard

If you miss the 2nd game tonight as well (yes, there are 2 Friday night games this week!), just adjust your confidence points for the rest of the games for tomorrow such that you skip 1 and 2 to maximize your point potential still for the week.

This week's slate of games has one Friday night game starting at 8pm EDT/5pm PDT...NC State at Virginia Tech.  So fair warning for you slackers (*cough*Robert*cough*) who have missed the first few picks a time or three, this heads up is directed at you - get your picks in now while you can!  ;)

• Like 3

This week's slate of games has one Friday night game starting at 8pm EDT/5pm PDT...NC State at Virginia Tech. So fair warning for you slackers (*cough*Robert*cough*) who have missed the first few picks a time or three, this heads up is directed at you - get your picks in now while you can! ;)

I missed a couple too 2 weeks ago. The SEC has gotten me pretty bad. Ole Miss is cursed for life.

I have 2 groups counting this one (with 2 separate slates of picks - the other I've done with Bama fan friends for years and we have all SEC games in addition to the regular slate for that), and Thursday night is always pick night for me. I spend a fair amount of time trying to review the latest info like injuries, record to date, NCAA stats, other opinions and the like before making final decisions and trying to work out my confidence point assignments, but I never go to bed without the picks completed on Thursday nights.

I have 2 groups counting this one (with 2 separate slates of picks - the other I've done with Bama fan friends for years and we have all SEC games in addition to the regular slate for that), and Thursday night is always pick night for me. I spend a fair amount of time trying to review the latest info like injuries, record to date, NCAA stats, other opinions and the like before making final decisions and trying to work out my confidence point assignments, but I never go to bed without the picks completed on Thursday nights.

You do realize that you no longer have to do that, right?  You have moved out of the South.  If you stop, Paul Finebaum will not hunt you down for treason against the SEC, first, the South, second.

AJ

3rd Saturday in October must be an interesting week for you. Hide your trees!

You do realize that you no longer have to do that, right?  You have moved out of the South.  If you stop, Paul Finebaum will not hunt you down for treason against the SEC, first, the South, second.

AJ

No one would ever be fearful of Paul Finebaum.  Phyllis from Mulga however might be a different story.

In all seriousness, being from the south aside, I am definitely not a fan of that show....Finebaum's actual serious sports interviews/guests can be interesting, but I'd find watching a repeating loop of people running their fingernails down a chalkboard more entertaining than the nutcase caller-driven angle of that show.

This week's slate of games has one Friday night game starting at 8pm EDT/5pm PDT...NC State at Virginia Tech.  So fair warning for you slackers (*cough*Robert*cough*) who have missed the first few picks a time or three, this heads up is directed at you - get your picks in now while you can!  ;)

I'm in fully this week!