Now you can lease the note 4 and G3

Rocket87

How does paying $20/month for a phone and using it beyond 24 months lead you to "you will always save"??? That's $480 for a phone you could get for $200 with a contract. If you're gonna stay with sprint anyway that'd be a much cheaper option

If you're on a newer Sprint plan, you also have to factor in the $15 per month service charge for having a subsidized device. That makes it much more expensive to go with a contract rather than a lease.

-Anthony

because you can easily sell your phone for >$200. I'm not sure where your plan price comes from though. If that is the case then leasing still makes more sense.

Not easily sell. I've had a iPhone 5c listed on Swappa all month...started at $235, have it listed for $175 now and still nothing. Might try craigslist next I guess. But selling Sprint phones is not easy...Verizon 5c's are moving quickly, but not the Sprint ones.

Not easily sell. I've had a iPhone 5c listed on Swappa all month...started at $235, have it listed for $175 now and still nothing. Might try craigslist next I guess. But selling Sprint phones is not easy...Verizon 5c's are moving quickly, but not the Sprint ones.

That's cause of sprints non-unlocking policy.

And without spark a sprint phone is useless unless you live in Podunk USA.

So have fun.

If you're on a newer Sprint plan, you also have to factor in the $15 per month service charge for having a subsidized device. That makes it much more expensive to go with a contract rather than a lease.

-Anthony

Does it make sense to factor in a penalty because a customer couldn't/didn't follow through on their original committment?

Does it make sense to factor in a penalty because a customer couldn't/didn't follow through on their original committment?

I was under the impression that if you buy a subsidized device on one of the newer plans that you have to pay the $15 fee for having a subsidized device. If that is the case, it's not a penalty, and therefore it should be factored in.

-Anthony

The newer plans are cheaper because they don't include a subsidy built in. Look at unlimited my way and the current unlimited plan. $80 with subsidy, $60 without.

I was under the impression that if you buy a subsidized device on one of the newer plans that you have to pay the $15 fee for having a subsidized device. If that is the case, it's not a penalty, and therefore it should be factored in.

-Anthony

From what I see you just have to pay a higher monthly bill for your plan ie. $85 vs $60 if you were to get the LG G3.

So in that instance your option is to buy the phone for $50, then pay $85 (single line plan) for 2 years or lease the phone for $15 a month and pay $60 a month for your plan. $2090 vs 1800.

I didn't realize that's how Sprint was pricing things now. I think that's a bit of a ripoff. So Sprint is essentially thinking that phone will be worth $290 at the end of the 2 year lease? Do you own the phone after 2 years of paying $15/month for it?

Leasing is not that bad. It is $0 (well qualified buyer) upfront and you pay reduced monthly rate and no taxes on the device. Now if you really want to keep the phone after the lease term you can just pay the remainder of the ful SRP price. Like someone posted earlier most people live check to check and if they can save $15 a month, why not?

• Like 1

If you can buy the phone at the end for the remaining balance from the full price, it doesn't make any sense not to lease (compared to easy pay).  If the remaining balance at the end of 24 months is more than the phone is worth, decline to purchase it.  If the remaining balance is less than the phone is worth, purchase it and profit.  At worst, you're exactly where you would be with easy pay, except you got to keep part of the money until the end which you could potentially earn interest on or invest.

Example: $600 dollar phone

Easy Pay: $25/month -> after 24 months you've paid $600

Lease: $15/month -> after 24 months you've paid $360.  You have the option to buy the phone for $240 dollars

Unless I'm missing some benefit of easy pay, it would be stupid not to lease. 

• Like 1

If you can buy the phone at the end for the remaining balance from the full price, it doesn't make any sense not to lease (compared to easy pay).  If the remaining balance at the end of 24 months is more than the phone is worth, decline to purchase it.  If the remaining balance is less than the phone is worth, purchase it and profit.  At worst, you're exactly where you would be with easy pay, except you got to keep part of the money until the end which you could potentially earn interest on or invest.

Example: $600 dollar phone

Easy Pay: $25/month -> after 24 months you've paid $600

Lease: $15/month -> after 24 months you've paid $360.  You have the option to buy the phone for $240 dollars

Unless I'm missing some benefit of easy pay, it would be stupid not to lease. 

Unfortunately, Leasing for me requires the same deposit as easy pay. But the leasing monthly payments are more expensive than easy pay monthly payments. Obviously this isnt for everyones case, but for me easy pay is the best option, as any phone requires a deposit, and monthly payments are less than $15, and I get the option to get a new phone yearly. Works best for me.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Leasing for me requires the same deposit as easy pay. But the leasing monthly payments are more expensive than easy pay monthly payments. Obviously this isnt for everyones case, but for me easy pay is the best option, as any phone requires a deposit, and monthly payments are less than $15, and I get the option to get a new phone yearly. Works best for me.

Are you certain?  Because that doesn't make sense for them to charge more to borrow a phone than to buy it.  And why do you have a deposit required when it says no down payment?  Credit?  Something's definitely up if they're charging more than MSRP to lease a phone for only 2 years. 

Are you certain?  Because that doesn't make sense for them to charge more to borrow a phone than to buy it.  And why do you have a deposit required when it says no down payment?  Credit?  Something's definitely up if they're charging more than MSRP to lease a phone for only 2 years.

Yep all lines with a deposit requirement on new lines or easy pay have a deposit for leasing, otherwisr id lease thr note 4 in a heart beat.

Marcelo cancelled the Framily plan because it was allegedly too complicated, but I think this is complicated as hell. Best way to break it down is total price over 24 months.

1) I think that reason is bs. What's complicated about "per line price goes down for each additional person you add"

2) the real reason - which they mention - is that people were swapping ids online.

Only execs making $hundreds of $k's would be so stoopid as to not figure out this scheme in less than 10 secs

1) I think that reason is bs. What's complicated about "per line price goes down for each additional person you add"

2) the real reason - which they mention - is that people were swapping ids online.

Only execs making $hundreds of $k's would be so stoopid as to not figure out this scheme in less than 10 secs

If every post you have is anti-Sprint, that makes you a troll. Stop trolling our boards.

What part is trolling?

(1) is how framily works

(2) was uttered publicly by marcelo or an exec.

The last part is analysis of (2) which I don't think is far off.

It's not this post. It's all of them. You've raised yourself to the level of garnering attention. We are watching now. Trolling is against the site rules. If you keep trolling, your account may face disciplinary measures.

It's not this post. It's all of them. You've raised yourself to the level of garnering attention. We are watching now. Trolling is against the site rules. If you keep trolling, your account may face disciplinary measures.

If a post is trolling let me know which one and why.

If a post is trolling let me know which one and why.

It is your responsibility to follow the rules and stop trolling. We may be able to provide some guidance. However, if you just want a place to discuss your anti-Sprint bias, you may be better to visit all the other places on the internet that already cater like minded discussion.

If you want to continue to participate at S4GRU, you will need to stop having most of your posts be anti-Sprint. Even my posts don't consistently attack Tmo, VZW and AT&T. You consistently take an antagonistic approach. We will moderate our boards for the maximum benefit of our members.

• Like 4