600 MHz auction results posted and transition schedule

ericdabbs

Welcome to wireless Fantasy Island...

222E61968-D0E3-6805-1975E16764467B9B.jpg

AJ

AJ, why do you insist on making rude statements?

I've said many times here already that if there is a problem with me giving my ideas, which a few people here have agreed with me upon, just ban me then.

Didn't your parents or guardians ever teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

AJ, why do you insist on making rude statements?

That humor is not rude.  As Robert has said, you need to have a thicker skin.

AJ

• Like 5

I've said many times here already that if there is a problem with me giving my ideas, which a few people here have agreed with me upon...

And no one has a problem with you presenting your ideas.  You can do so as much as you please.  But others also have the privilege to post that some of those ideas exist in fantasyland with close to zero chance of coming to fruition.

AJ

• Like 2

And no one has a problem with you presenting your ideas. You can do so as much as you please. But others also have the privilege to post that some of those ideas exist in fantasyland with close to zero chance of coming to fruition.

AJ

It is one thing to disagree with those opinions, which certainly some people have done, and done so respectfully. It is quite another to be insultive towards someone's opinions, as you've done to me.

Although don't worry AJ, I know its not you being personal to just me, as you've been just as rude to others here, demeaning them when their opinions didn't quite reflect your own.

After all, you even have people on other websites saying that if they ever met you, they'd punch you. I don't condone violence, nor the threat of it, but for someone to make such a comment regarding you, must say something about how you made them feel, which isn't good.

After all, you even have people on other websites saying that if they ever met you, they'd punch you. I don't condone violence, nor the threat of it, but for someone to make such a comment regarding you, must say something about how you made them feel, which isn't good.

Do not assume, Arysyn.  We have no idea why that NASCAR loving, Southern woman would like to punch me.  It could be that I strictly enforced the rules against her.  No Sprint complaints.  I might have suspended her or banned her.  But none of that would be rude -- even if it did not make the person feel good.

AJ

Do not assume, Arysyn. We have no idea why that NASCAR loving, Southern woman would like to punch me. It could be that I strictly enforced the rules against her. No Sprint complaints. I might have suspended her or banned her. But none of that would be rude -- even if it did not make the person feel good.

AJ

The thought of a NASCAR loving southern woman is quite scary. In all likelihood, she'd just throw a bible at you then and tell you to repent like that lady did on that "Trading Spouses" reality show did a few years ago.

The thought of a NASCAR loving southern woman is quite scary. In all likelihood, she'd just throw a bible at you then and tell you to repent like that lady did on that "Trading Spouses" reality show did a few years ago.

Your statements about southern women are rude and insultive.  Don't say anything again.

• Like 1

T-mobile is not spending all this money to deploy band 12 to turn around and decommission it to sell the spectrum.

Someone else here mentioned they might sell it to Sprint, which I thought might be a good idea to raise money for larger amounts of 600mhz.

Really, anything could go in a variety of directions. It is a good thing for discussion though, none of it being "fantasy", of course. Everyone has their own opinions of what they'd like to see happen and what they think might happen and/or will likely happen.

It's all a fun discussion nonetheless, and we should all respect each others ideas and opinions, even if we disagree. That is an important part in what makes forums like this great, unlike the plethora of trolls on the contents sections of tech articles who often cause the sites their on to shut them down.

• Like 1

Your statements about southern women are rude and insultive. Don't say anything again.

I was referring to AJ's comment, the image it conjured up based on what he said. I was making a respectful gesture back at him to close our dispute of sorts today. I certainly wasn't referring to all southern women.

I was referring to AJ's comment, the image it conjured up based on what he said. I was making a respectful gesture back at him to close our dispute of sorts today. I certainly wasn't referring to all southern women.

I think JimBob is being facetious.  He is turning the tables on you, demonstrating how we all can be thinned skinned at times, judging relatively neutral or intentionally humorous posts to be "rude."

AJ

• Like 1

Really, anything could go in a variety of directions. It is a good thing for discussion though, none of it being "fantasy", of course. Everyone has their own opinions of what they'd like to see happen and what they think might happen and/or will likely happen.

I just fail to see how posting a fun picture of Ricardo Montalbán and Hervé Villechaize with a play on the famous greeting "Welcome to Fantasy Island…" is in bad form.  That is in essence my commentary on your spectrum swap ideas.  They are impractical and implausible.  In a fantasy scenario, though, they make some sense.

Now, if I had written that instead of posted a picture, would that have been more appropriate?  I think that I conveyed my analysis in a quicker, shorter, and more fun manner with just the caption and picture.  Because, after all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

AJ

• Like 6

I think JimBob is being facetious. He is turning the tables on you, demonstrating how we all can be thinned skinned at times, judging relatively neutral or intentionally humorous posts to be "rude."

AJ

I'll admit, the internet makes it very difficult to tell. Although, I know people who seriously are very protective of their native regions. I use to comment often on a site that deals with historical ideologies, where there was a southern lady on there who was very anti-northern everything and very protective of the south, almost as if she was living in the Civil War days, and she'd be very defensive of anything even remotely anti-northern sounding, even if it were factual.

I use to comment often on a site that deals with historical ideologies, where there was a southern lady on there who was very anti-northern everything and very protective of the south, almost as if she was living in the Civil War days.

Was her screen name Aunty Bellum?

:P

AJ

• Like 1

:P

AJ

I know it wasn't that, can't remember now, though I'd imagine if she were here on S4GRU hearing just the little we said about it, there'd be pages of very long posts from her about the wonders of the south and the evils of "the yanks" and how we are contributing to such and such falsehoods about the south and women from there, and so on. She'd make my posts look like tweets. ☺

For those not in on the joke, "Aunty Bellum" is a play on the vocabulary word "antebellum."

occurring or existing before a particular war, esp. the American Civil War: the conventions of the antebellum South.

AJ

• Like 3

Someone else here mentioned they might sell it to Sprint, which I thought might be a good idea to raise money for larger amounts of 600mhz.

It's all a fun discussion nonetheless, and we should all respect each others ideas and opinions, even if we disagree. That is an important part in what makes forums like this great, unlike the plethora of trolls on the contents sections of tech articles who often cause the sites their on to shut them down.

Tmobile is not going to just invest all that money into 700 MHz equipment only to decommision the network 3-4 years from now.  Besides Tmobile is still actively lookign to acquire more 700A licenses and it can take another few years to deploy equipment in those markets once they acquire that spectrum. Its just not feasible and financial sense to dump the network after just constructing it.  What I think is a better idea for Tmobile to utilize a 700A and 600 MHz LTE network and perhaps prioritize folks on 700A first until its overloaded and then shove folks to the 600 MHz network which will keep a great LTE coverage network.

We all understand which post you are referring to about by @mozamcrew on the idea of selling 700 MHz to Sprint but there is a difference between a dream and reality.  Also there was so extreme statements that you made about Tmobile selling all of its PCS spectrum to Sprint except for a mere 5x5 block....which doesn't make any sense since it is currently being used in their network which I believe what AJ is partially eluding to in terms of "fantasy" land.  Mid band is still very important to any major carrier so why would Tmobile even give up any mid band spectrum?  In fact despite Verizon's interest in the 600 MHz spectrum they have stressed that they prefer to scoop up more mid band AWS spectrum to bolster their network rather than the 600 MHz spectrum.

Tmobile is not going to just invest all that money into 700 MHz equipment only to decommision the network 3-4 years from now. Besides Tmobile is still actively lookign to acquire more 700A licenses and it can take another few years to deploy equipment in those markets once they acquire that spectrum. Its just not feasible and financial sense to dump the network after just constructing it. What I think is a better idea for Tmobile to utilize a 700A and 600 MHz LTE network and perhaps prioritize folks on 700A first until its overloaded and then shove folks to the 600 MHz network which will keep a great LTE coverage network.

We all understand which post you are referring to about by @mozamcrew on the idea of selling 700 MHz to Sprint but there is a difference between a dream and reality. Also there was so extreme statements that you made about Tmobile selling all of its PCS spectrum to Sprint except for a mere 5x5 block....which doesn't make any sense since it is currently being used in their network which I believe what AJ is partially eluding to in terms of "fantasy" land. Mid band is still very important to any major carrier so why would Tmobile even give up any mid band spectrum? In fact despite Verizon's interest in the 600 MHz spectrum they have stressed that they prefer to scoop up more mid band AWS spectrum to bolster their network rather than the 600 MHz spectrum.

I based my entire referral of T-Mobile selling, or shall I say possibly "trading" PCS spectrum, to news I read about T-Mobile working with AT&T on some spectrum trading, as it makes sense for carriers to have more unified spectrum allocation. That is why it isn't "fantasy", as AJ mentioned, because spectrum selling, or trading is actively going on. I merely was expressing my opinions of what I'd like to see T-Mobile sell/trade for the other.

T-Mobile has been, and still is trying to build their AWS spectrum allocations for wider " wideband". It makes sense for them to do so as they are doing, which selling or trading PCS spectrum for AWS spectrum they can use for that cause, also makes sense.

I did mention I like the idea of selling the 700mhz spectrum to Sprint, but I also have written in some of my past posts that I also support T-Mobile getting more 5x5 700mhz for their own usage. My main hoping though, is that they get more than 5x5 of the 600mhz spectrum, which right now, is really debatable.

Honestly I don't understand why any growing company would want 5x5 it would just get bogged down. I am sure there is a very large amount of subs that work during the day and use their phones inside buildings. I am sure this has a part in slowing down 26/25.

That brings me back to if sprint can't buy 10x10+ in markets what's the point? Off load from 800 to 600?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to add a second carrier to 800? Spend the 5x5 money on densification?

I DO really wish sprint would get in and get a nice chunk. However I believe they are playing to be bought or merge with Tmo.

Look at the speeds of 2x Ca! Can't wait till they get to 3xCA. That should be more than enough capacity and speeds for everyone.

So again while I do wish sprint would get some 600 I just don't see the point if it's only a 5x5.

That being said, I do suppose in very dense urban areas 600 would help. Then again I also agree companies should do more spectrum swaps where possible.

• Like 1

Apparently in the Chicago market, Sprint now has a 10x10 PCS network along with an extra 5x5 PCS, whereas before it was 3 5x5 PCS here.

However, I definitely don't believe any carrier should purchase just a 5x5 of the 600mhz spectrum, especially T-Mobile, who should try getting at least 10x10 of it.

I'm also very supportive of spectrum swaps. Streaming spectrum allocations across the board and in trying to better equalize spectrum allocations is important.

Apparently in the Chicago market, Sprint now has a 10x10 PCS network along with an extra 5x5 PCS, whereas before it was 3 5x5 PCS here.

You may be mixing in band 26 with band 25.  Sprint has not operated three 5 MHz FDD band 25 carriers in Chicago.  It was two 5 MHz FDD band 25 carriers.  Now, the second carrier is being widened to 10 MHz FDD.

AJ

• Like 1

You may be mixing in band 26 with band 25.  Sprint has not operated three 5 MHz FDD band 25 carriers in Chicago.  It was two 5 MHz FDD band 25 carriers.  Now, the second carrier is being widened to 10 MHz FDD.

AJ

So in Chicago there's going to be one 5 MHz B25 carrier, one 10 MHz B25 carrier, plus B26, and plus B41?

So in Chicago there's going to be one 5 MHz B25 carrier, one 10 MHz B25 carrier, plus B26, and plus B41?

Yes.

AJ

• Like 1