iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

And changes?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Probably just some bug fixes. Won't be updating to that cause I have iOS 8.2 Beta 4 installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably just some bug fixes. Won't be updating to that cause I have iOS 8.2 Beta 4 installed.

What is your Sprint carrier bundle at on 8.2B4? 18.0? Or higher.

f0d5d386c47e441c6f314c384e7b733e.jpg

I'll update just for the spotlight bug. That was driving me nuts. And I'm so upset that Sprint isn't changing the carrier bundle. This phone does not switch bands properly, and it's driving me nuts.

What is your Sprint carrier bundle at on 8.2B4? 18.0? Or higher.

Sprint Carrier 18.0 and my PRL is 51104

f0d5d386c47e441c6f314c384e7b733e.jpg

I'll update just for the spotlight bug. That was driving me nuts. And I'm so upset that Sprint isn't changing the carrier bundle. This phone does not switch bands properly, and it's driving me nuts.

It was much better in day 1. It would switch from Lte bands like crazy.... And now it's slow like the 5s

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Got a question, you guys think I should upgrade Tapatalk? I still have the old version before it all went to hell. How's it functioning, have they updated it at all?

Sucks monkey balls still.  I was able to not upgrade it on  my iPhone but my iPad wasn't so lucky.  I now have to use Safari there.

• Like 1

I'm so awesome at putting on screen protectors. I just got my zagg invisible glass protector and I got it on perfectly. I'm and this thing is really awesome it's covered under warranty so if I break it I get it replacement. Awesome !

I'm so awesome at putting on screen protectors. I just got my zagg invisible glass protector and I got it on perfectly. I'm and this thing is really awesome it's covered under warranty so if I break it I get it replacement. Awesome !

The glass ones are the easiest to install. They're hard to get used to for me because swiping up from the home button to access the control panel feels weird. I use the hinge method where I line it up perfectly, and tape down the left edge, peel the backing off, and flip it down perfectly into place. For years, I was trying to "hover" the protector onto the right position, and I never had it 100% perfect. You can look it up on YouTube for a demonstration.

• Like 1

Got a question, you guys think I should upgrade Tapatalk? I still have the old version before it all went to hell. How's it functioning, have they updated it at all?

You still see the Happy Holidays splash screen, so if you want to feel jolly, this is the app for you!

• Like 1

My observation on the new 8.1.3 update on the 6...my area is covered in B41; a mixture of upgraded standalone Clear sites, upgraded Clear/Sprint co-located, and newly installed and operational Sprint 8T8R. It's fairly dense for a suburban area. Driving around in Field Test Mode, my 6 after the update seems to immediately connect to B41 when in range. I'm not sure if scan times were changed or if something else was changed, but I upgraded after doing a full restore just to see what would happen. Carrier is Sprint 18.0, just as it was with 8.1.2. Anyone else notice a difference?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

My observation on the new 8.1.3 update on the 6...my area is covered in B41; a mixture of upgraded standalone Clear sites, upgraded Clear/Sprint co-located, and newly installed and operational Sprint 8T8R. It's fairly dense for a suburban area. Driving around in Field Test Mode, my 6 after the update seems to immediately connect to B41 when in range. I'm not sure if scan times were changed or if something else was changed, but I upgraded after doing a full restore just to see what would happen. Carrier is Sprint 18.0, just as it was with 8.1.2. Anyone else notice a difference?

Stuff like that is too difficult to determine if it's from the update, or just network conditions, your location, etc.. There are lots of factors in place, and it could just be a mental upgrade. An iOS update in itself would not change anything on the network side (as far as I know). Only the carrier bundle can change those parameters. Really, the way the iPhone switches bands (or lack thereof) is my only gripe with Sprint these days. Network speeds are getting better every day, band 26 is everywhere, 8t8r installs are popping up literally everywhere, every day in the Chicagoland area, and no other provider can beat the price I pay for what I have. I've been told the band switching is a mixture of tower side and device side, so I don't know what to make of it. I do know, however, that the several android devices I've owned (g2, m8, n5) did a better job at bouncing between bands, so I'm positive a carrier bundle update would fix the problem. The only problem is, does anyone at Sprint or Apple notice this problem, too.

Stuff like that is too difficult to determine if it's from the update, or just network conditions, your location, etc.. There are lots of factors in place, and it could just be a mental upgrade. An iOS update in itself would not change anything on the network side (as far as I know). Only the carrier bundle can change those parameters. Really, the way the iPhone switches bands (or lack thereof) is my only gripe with Sprint these days. Network speeds are getting better every day, band 26 is everywhere, 8t8r installs are popping up literally everywhere, every day in the Chicagoland area, and no other provider can beat the price I pay for what I have. I've been told the band switching is a mixture of tower side and device side, so I don't know what to make of it. I do know, however, that the several android devices I've owned (g2, m8, n5) did a better job at bouncing between bands, so I'm positive a carrier bundle update would fix the problem. The only problem is, does anyone at Sprint or Apple notice this problem, too.

Yeah, likely mental. My way of thinking is there has to be some kind of improvement by default. Perhaps a carrier bundle is in the works, it's been awhile...unless the "problem" is so perplexing they (Sprint...Apple...?) have no immediate solution.

The glass ones are the easiest to install. They're hard to get used to for me because swiping up from the home button to access the control panel feels weird. I use the hinge method where I line it up perfectly, and tape down the left edge, peel the backing off, and flip it down perfectly into place. For years, I was trying to "hover" the protector onto the right position, and I never had it 100% perfect. You can look it up on YouTube for a demonstration.

I always get screen protectors perfectly for some reason. Before this one I had the Supershieldz privacy screen. It was private but it wasn't shatter proof hence my phone cracking. I had that one on perfectly as well. The hovering just works for me, and if I get it wrong I just take it off and do it again , as long as there's no air bubbles idc

I always get screen protectors perfectly for some reason. Before this one I had the Supershieldz privacy screen. It was private but it wasn't shatter proof hence my phone cracking. I had that one on perfectly as well. The hovering just works for me, and if I get it wrong I just take it off and do it again , as long as there's no air bubbles idc

Just don't take off that glass too many times. I cracked my 2nd one removing it when I put on my Otterbox Defender.

I still can't decide if I want to keep the Otterbox built in protector, or just go back to the Zagg Glass. I like the feel of the tempered glass much better, but haven't had time to take off the plastic screen protector.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Just don't take off that glass too many times. I cracked my 2nd one removing it when I put on my Otterbox Defender.

I still can't decide if I want to keep the Otterbox built in protector, or just go back to the Zagg Glass. I like the feel of the tempered glass much better, but haven't had time to take off the plastic screen protector.

The defender screen protector is horrible but I doubt the zagg glass will even fit in the case cause you know it's kinda thick.

The defender screen protector is horrible but I doubt the zagg glass will even fit in the case cause you know it's kinda thick.

It fits in there. Just enough room for it, at least in my case. The white plastic may be looser than the standard black.

I did that. I popped out the built i. Otter box and put in a zagg. It worked no problem. I do have a very thin gap on either end. From the zagg to the otter box protector. Thought that that would turn into a crud gathering area. So far it has not been a problem. Also my Touch ID is much better at reading my fingers and the up swipe to access the quick menu screen works on the first swipe now. Gonna do the same thing with my iPad defender case soon.

• Like 2

Watching movies on the iPhone 6 is waaaay better than watching it on an iPhone 5 the screen just draws me in especially since I have the black model