Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Looks like I struck a nerve with Legere...LOL

He used that screenshot of your tweet multiple times. Looks like he can't find anything worse to hold against Sprint. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am beginning to think he's really overreaching. If Legere keeps his mouth shut and doesn't run the Kardashian ad they win this round.

This is a family fight, guys. Claure was on SoftBank's board before taking Sprint and Legere ran Global Crossing Asia for Son. Funny the one person associated with Sprint he has never bashed is the chairman. Go figure.

• Like 2

Sprint shpuld advertise their WiFi calling more actually. I thought that TM ad was a good one.

It was a good ad. The Riggle one was good too. I am just over Johnny Twitter. That's all. If Marcelo ran T-Mobile and Legere ran Sprint I'd feel the same.

• Like 3

The iPhone does support it. With TMO iPhones 6 you can go from wifi to volte seamlessly.

I meant to say Sprint WiFi calling. Sprint's currently not advertising it because they'd have a bunch of iPhone users complaining that it's not available on their phones. I'm sure there'll be a couple commercials about it once an update enables it on the iPhone 6.

I meant to say Sprint WiFi calling. Sprint's currently not advertising it because they'd have a bunch of iPhone users complaining that it's not available on their phones. I'm sure there'll be a couple commercials about it once an update enables it on the iPhone 6.

But then there might be a bunch of iPhone users complaining it doesn't support wifi to volte.

Sprint shpuld advertise their WiFi calling more actually. I thought that TM ad was a good one.

Meh, it seems like it was a copy of some other ad campaign though I can't quite put my finger on it at the moment.

But then there might be a bunch of iPhone users complaining it doesn't support wifi to volte.

Is that the current behavior with Sprint WiFi Calling on android? It just drops when you lose the wifi connection?

Haha...I made a Recode.net article.

http://recode.net/2015/02/01/super-bowl-ends-with-a-brawl-between-t-mobile-and-sprint-ceos/

And thanks to Legere...I'm still getting retweets and favorites.

Keep an image of Legere's reply up somewhere because he deleted it. 

• Like 1

Not to be biased but the T-Mobile SB with Kim was a total lackluster.

I guess with T-Mobile using Kim was just a marking ploy to get more people to switch over. I guess the switching to T-Mobile might be slowing down some. They figure if they get someone who is popular among younger people like Kim and have her star in a T-Mobile tv spot, that it will give the impression she also uses T-Mobile(which I highly doubt) and her fans will follow. Because Kim uses it then it must be good.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by derrph
  • Like 3

I guess with T-Mobile using Kim was just a marking ploy to get more people to switch over. I guess the switching to T-Mobile might be slowing down some. They figure if they get someone who is popular among younger people like Kim and have her star in a T-Mobile tv spot, that it will give the impression she also uses T-Mobile(which I highly doubt) and her fans will follow. Because Kim uses it then it must be good.

I'm pretty sure that she uses AT&T. At least that's what their phones used to say on Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

• Like 3

I think that T-Mobile can't get a lot more customers unless they expand coverage. I'd classify their service as "Ecstasy and Agony." Where it works it's great, where it doesn't it's an absolute fail. Customers see this and their churn rates really haven't dropped. They just managed to get more people coming in with deals that are structured differently than what people are used to. The other problem I have is that T-Mobile isn't really that cheaper than the duopoly. I did a spreadsheet with device financing for the four carriers for a Galaxy Note 4 that put their service cost at $91.24 a month before taxes and fees where AT&T came in at $99.42 a month. That's not such a great gap. Verizon was of course the most expensive at $114.16 but they can charge that because they have the largest and fastest data network, and they're starting to pull away from T-Mobile on data speeds a little bit on NetIndex. 

Sprint was the cheapest at $85.24 and that's for EasyPay and not leasing which is cheaper.

Rural customers don't want to pay $91.24 for EDGE (and I'm not speaking of Verizon's financing program).  

• Like 3

I think that T-Mobile can't get a lot more customers unless they expand coverage. I'd classify their service as "Ecstasy and Agony." Where it works it's great, where it doesn't it's an absolute fail. Customers see this and their churn rates really haven't dropped. They just managed to get more people coming in with deals that are structured differently than what people are used to. The other problem I have is that T-Mobile isn't really that cheaper than the duopoly. I did a spreadsheet with device financing for the four carriers for a Galaxy Note 4 that put their service cost at $91.24 a month before taxes and fees where AT&T came in at $99.42 a month. That's not such a great gap. Verizon was of course the most expensive at $114.16 but they can charge that because they have the largest and fastest data network, and they're starting to pull away from T-Mobile on data speeds a little bit on NetIndex.

Sprint was the cheapest at $85.24 and that's for EasyPay and not leasing which is cheaper.

Rural customers don't want to pay $91.24 for EDGE (and I'm not speaking of Verizon's financing program).

Oh wow I didn't know T-Mobile wasn't that far off from AT&T with price. For all that I would just go with AT&T not unless I felt that I needed unlimited data. If you add in a employee discount then it'll be even cheaper.

Oh wow I didn't know T-Mobile wasn't that far off from AT&T with price. For all that I would just go with AT&T not unless I felt that I needed unlimited data. If you add in a employee discount then it'll be even cheaper.

The plan part of the breakdown was $65 on MSV for a 3GB plan vs $60 for T-Mo's similar 3GB plan. T-Mo has no overages and better data roll over but less coverage. Granted, where it works great it's a steal, but it's not like the gap was back in the VoiceStream/Get More days.

The plan part of the breakdown was $65 on MSV for a 3GB plan vs $60 for T-Mo's similar 3GB plan. T-Mo has no overages and better data roll over but less coverage. Granted, where it works great it's a steal, but it's not like the gap was back in the VoiceStream/Get More days.

Hmm since you compared them with similar plans, in my eyes T-Mobile is no different besides a few extra perks and a smaller coverage map. But it boils down to needs and wants and persuasive marketing

• Like 1

I would have to research if TMUS even offers the state of IL discount. I get that right now on VZW.

Edit: it appears it is offered to the University of Illinois, so yes.

ca691be87783529cd5094249f84ff75f.jpg