Keep a Word, Drop a Word #5

S4GRU

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Yes! That does keep it from wandering off Dish and most importantly, reconnecting immediately (at least where their is n70). Thanks!
    • I have my Dish phone locked to NR-only.  That keeps it on Dish and only occasionally will it see T-Mobile NR SA for brief periods before going to no service. I also don't have mine band locked beyond that, except that I have some of the unused bands turned off just to try to reduce scan time.  Fortunately, my Dish phone is the one with the MediaTek chipset, so it has NR neighbor cells, and I can usually see n71, n70, n66, and sometimes n29 (market-dependent) through those regardless of which band it's connected to as primary. - Trip
    • Excuse my rookie comments here, but after enabling *#73#, it seems that the rainbow sim V2? requires n70 (I turned it off along with n71 - was hoping to track n66) to be available else it switches to T-Mobile.  So this confirms my suspicion that you need to be close to a site to get on Dish.  Have no idea why they don't just use plmn. To test, I put it into a s21 ultra, rebooted twice, came up on T-Mobile (no n70 on s21).  Tried to manually register on 313340, but it did not connect (tried twice). I am on factory unlocked firmware but used a s22 hack to get *#73# working.  Tried what you were suggesting with a T-Mobile sim partially installed, but that was very unstable with Dish ( I think they had figured that one out).  [edit: and now I see Boost sent me a successful device swap notice which says I can now begin to use my new device.  Sigh.  Will try again later and wait for this message - too impatient.]
    • Hopefully this indicates T-Mobile hasn't completely abandoned mmwave and/or small cells? But then again this is the loop, so take that as you will. Hopefully now that most macro activity is done (besides rural colo/builds), they will start working on small cells.   
    • This has been approved.. https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/fcc-approves-t-mobiles-deal-to-purchase-mint-mobile/