Ham Radio Hangout

when_all_else_fails.jpg

Welcome to the Ham Radio Hangout! I have stumbled across several amateur radio operators here in the forums, and figure it would be a great place to get everyone together to see who all is a member of S4GRU that has their ticket! 

If it's your first time visiting please post your name, call sign and License class. Any other information you would like to share is optional. I'm working on creating a log of all Hams here on the site.

Thanks! 

73's

de KD8JBF

Kris

• Like 1

How To Become a HAM

For more information on becoming an Amateur Radio Operator, check out the website below. It gives a brief description of what amateur radio is about and provides other info on testing, etc. If you have any questions don't hesitate to private message me either!

What Is HAM Radio?

Hey, everybody, Harry Caray here.

Hey!

Hey!

Hey, Ham Radio Hangout, does your name ever make you hungry?  I had a ham sandwich once.  It was a beautiful sandwich.  I named it Linda.

harry.png

AJ

• Like 5

Hey, everybody, Harry Caray here.

Hey!

Hey!

Hey, Ham Radio Hangout, does your name ever make you hungry?  I had a ham sandwich once.  It was a beautiful sandwich.  I named it Linda.

AJ

7cdd9e6431c5a23503112b8e6d2f6669656d380a

• Like 1

Well you already know me, and where I'm at. APRS strong every time I drive. By the way just picked up a BCD536HP this weekend.

I just picked up a couple of SDR USB FOBs to play around with. They are pretty cool and some low end spectrum analyzers. It's amazing the range they have on them from about 40Mhz up to 1800Mhz....I need to replace the Crystal in them because they are not temp compensated and are really only good for wideband listening. they're good for +/- 100ppm drift from frequency which isn't nice for narrowband operations (Which i want to use to listen to police, fire, etc on 800Mhz. So i'll replace those as a nice weekend project. but the fobs were only $20 a pop. picked up two. Nice fun project.

Kris

Believe it or not, still have my AOR AR5000 that I've had since 1996, and that thing still works like a beast. One of the best receivers I ever picked up.

• Like 1

My local club is setting up two stations at separate locations. Not sure if I'll operate, but I'll try to pop my head in for a bit. :)

Thinking about picking up one of the Baofeng units off amazon for some passive listening before I attempt to get my license. If its something that grabs me I'll go whole hog and get my license 

• 4 years later...

Joski1624 wow I guess you were right, this did die off quite a long time ago. For some reason I don't even remember this even came up, probably because this site was way more active back then and it was hard to keep up on all of the conversations.