Force faster connection

I am at a campground and there are antennas on both sides of the campground. One side has been upgraded to the faster 3g but the other has not. My phone seems to connect to the slower one because I am only getting .02 Mbps down. Does anyone know if there is a way to force my nexus 5 to connect to the faster tower or even better yet LTE because there is an LTE tower just a short distance from here. I am rooted by the way. I don't know if that will help.

I am at the Myrtle Beach Koa if a member cares to look at the tower upgrade map to see what I mean about the towers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah KOA is right in the one major hole in LTE coverage. I have .15 radios and it seems to do the best with our market having band 25 as the one available channel.

1x800 is through town though. For what that is worth.

I connect max 4.5 to 5 miles out on LTE here with .15, .13 gets about 3.5 miles maybe 4 to the site. No band 26 yet.

I am at a campground and there are antennas on both sides of the campground. One side has been upgraded to the faster 3g but the other has not. My phone seems to connect to the slower one because I am only getting .02 Mbps down. Does anyone know if there is a way to force my nexus 5 to connect to the faster tower or even better yet LTE because there is an LTE tower just a short distance from here. I am rooted by the way. I don't know if that will help.

I am at the Myrtle Beach Koa if a member cares to look at the tower upgrade map to see what I mean about the towers.

Any help would be appreciated.

If a site is still listed as 3G, a red pin, that does not mean it has faster 3G.

That just means the new equipment has been installed, and the legacy equipment turned off. 3G will only get faster when the upgraded backhaul arrives. When that happens, the site will also be 4G accepted (yellow). At which point you probably wouldn't need 3G anyway. 

• Like 3

Yeah KOA is right in the one major hole in LTE coverage. I have .15 radios and it seems to do the best with our market having band 25 as the one available channel.

1x800 is through town though. For what that is worth.

I connect max 4.5 to 5 miles out on LTE here with .15, .13 gets about 3.5 miles maybe 4 to the site. No band 26 yet.

So you are able to get connected to band25 LTE at the KOA? How?

Yeah, if they are just using their maps to decide if you have coverage, I'm sure they'll make that conclusion. However, Sprint's LTE coverage maps are grossly overstative. You need to look at our Sponsor maps and see where the sites are that actually have LTE live on them. Sprint LTE coverage maps are just not reliable. Even outdoors.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

So you are able to get connected to band25 LTE at the KOA? How?

Can't say for koa personally, only that I have had trouble through the area as well. The different radio is my solution for now. Not sure if it will help in that area particularly.

Keep in mind there are a ton of tourists in town, so what we do have for LTE gets stressed at times, as well as 3g. Like Robert says, check the maps, check sensorly, if any shows up there you may have a shot.

• Like 1