Sprint deal with Itson software for traffic managment, policy controls, mobile services

dkyeager

I don't see anything in these articles that seems to pressure Unlimited.  Sprint just recently reiterated the importance of Unlimited as a differentiator in the future.  I'm not concerned based on this.

Robert

• Like 5

and it looks like they will be adding more software to their android phones to interface with this system.  hopefully it comes off easy. ;)  hope it isnt similar to carrierIQ.

• Like 2

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how people react to this software, as compared to the reaction to CarrierIQ and to all the other installed-by-default-and-not-removeable software that Sprint already installs on devices.  I have not problem with any of this software, but it will be interesting to see how others react.

• Like 2

and it looks like they will be adding more software to their android phones to interface with this system.  hopefully it comes off easy. ;)  hope it isnt similar to carrierIQ.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how people react to this software, as compared to the reaction to CarrierIQ and to all the other installed-by-default-and-not-removeable software that Sprint already installs on devices.  I have not problem with any of this software, but it will be interesting to see how others react.

Well, if you are one of those who want the continuation of "unlimited" data and subsidized devices, operator installed network management and device diagnostic software is what you get -- because the operator is then tasked with juggling "unlimited" data and ensuring that your device functions properly on its native network.  The operator cannot, for example, just tell a sub that he is on his own, like AT&T does with Robert and his Nexus 5 on a tiered data plan.

So, pick your poison carefully.

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint shouldn't use Unlimited as a brand. Period.

AJ already beat me to a lot of what needed to be said, but let's remember Sprint optimizing networks is still far better than the data monetization schemes of the Big Two.

• Like 2