T-mobile to stop overage fee

jonathanm1978

Thanks for your comment. I hope you're right but do not see that happening anytime within the next 2 years. I have had Sprint for 15 months and have been told the same thing with no improvement in coverage (might be worse). I'm not a TM fan by any means but Legere said it best when he said Sprint users should have the right to leave and come back when the network becomes usable. Their superior ownership of spectrum proves that execution is more important at times.

Of note, I was in Chicago a few weeks ago and was not impressed at all with the coverage. Bad sign for me because I think they are the most covered city in the US (I may be wrong). At times coverage was good but other times, it was bad (a lot). If this is what SF has to look for...

Not even chicogo has 800 and 2.6 deployed. what I am saying is you are planning to leave at the point the network should be competitive and that makes no sense. Further legere was talking about Verizon customers when he made that commitment by the way. In any case I don't think anyone hear cares who you have you cell service with.

Not even chicogo has 800 and 2.6 deployed. what I am saying is you are planning to leave at the point the network should be competitive and that makes no sense. Further legere was talking about Verizon customers when he made that commitment by the way. In any case I don't think anyone hear cares who you have you cell service with.

I think that is part of the problem.  All I keep hearing is that Sprint will eventually get there for various reasons, and to wait, and wait.  It's only fair to see some sort of improvement over a 15 month period, no?  I don't think I gain anything by waiting unless they change the plans right before the buildout is complete?  BTW, I love to root for them.  I hope you all prove me wrong and I come back with my tail between my legs asking for Hesse's forgiveness.  You all are definitely more patient than I.  I own a bit of their stock btw so I have no reason to hate on them and acknowledge the value of their spectrum.  

Legere's comment was on Sprint during CES.  He did comment on Verizon and ATT as well but that specific comment was on Sprint.  I'll find the clip if I have time.  

Good news is the new iphone will likely not arrive until later this year when the buildout should be complete (from what I am hearing?).  You guys can all laugh at me when this happens and say "I told you so" but would it be fair to say by December of 2014, there should be improvement from where they are today and I can be critical if not?  

Regardless, I agree that no one should care what I do (I'm a nobody).  I was just voicing my opinion on this blog.  

• Like 1

I think that is part of the problem.  All I keep hearing is that Sprint will eventually get there for various reasons, and to wait, and wait.  It's only fair to see some sort of improvement over a 15 month period, no?  I don't think I gain anything by waiting unless they change the plans right before the buildout is complete?  BTW, I love to root for them.  I hope you all prove me wrong and I come back with my tail between my legs asking for Hesse's forgiveness.  You all are definitely more patient than I.  I own a bit of their stock btw so I have no reason to hate on them and acknowledge the value of their spectrum.  

Legere's comment was on Sprint during CES.  He did comment on Verizon and ATT as well but that specific comment was on Sprint.  I'll find the clip if I have time.  

Good news is the new iphone will likely not arrive until later this year when the buildout should be complete (from what I am hearing?).  You guys can all laugh at me when this happens and say "I told you so" but would it be fair to say by December of 2014, there should be improvement from where they are today and I can be critical if not?  

Regardless, I agree that no one should care what I do (I'm a nobody).  I was just voicing my opinion on this blog.  

Let's just say Masayoshi Son gave an ultimatum to every single market and all executives. 

To summarize.. it was basically... "Get shit done or you will go the way of Azzi and the rest".

• Like 5

First. Everyone's opinion is valued on this forum. That is why we have such a unique community of people here. I can understand your frustration. I have been sitting in my neighborhood waiting for LTE to show up for over a year now. The issue? A legacy site over on top of a  hotel that hasn't been touched. I get it, trust me.

But I do not believe Sprint has been giving out false hopes and empty promises. Like any major gigantic corporation (especially with Masa involved), they exist to do one thing. MAKE MONEY! You think Sprint is going to loose out on an entire market? The chances of that are 0.  Inevitably you will have LTE and  increased coverage whether you choose to go to Tmobile and come back to Sprint, or stay with Sprint and stick it out. Or whatever you do. My best advice, go with the provider that suits you. Some people can not wait, but it seems that you are willing too. With the iPhone 6 going to be triband, coverage is only going to get better and better. One day this forum may not even be needed because Sprint provides such an exceptional service. Until then, I will continue to stalk these threads like the NSA stalks our emails.

• Like 4

Now you know how large 4% are.

Yes, there are a lot of fat people in rural areas.

AJ

I agree 100% with this comment. My aunt and I both live in NYC but she lives relatively far away from me. She has an iPhone 5S on T-Mobile and I have an M8 on Sprint (obviously). I called her about a week ago and the quality was absolutely some of the worst I have ever heard. And I knew it wasn't coming from my end because when I call my mother on Verizon or my Dad on Sprint, it sounds insanely clear. Calling my Aunt sounded like I was speaking to someone using autotune on the other end. 

It's kind of a shame considering both T-Mobile is the only other carrier in NYC to have deployed HD Voice besides Sprint.

I do want to add to this that it seems to be a problem with iPhones and Tmo's network. I call other people on other networks with iPhones, but calling my one friend on Tmo that has an iPhone is horrible. Calling any other N5 sounds amazing, as well as other Android phones on Tmo. When I was on Sprint, I had the same problem with my friend's Tmo iPhone. It seems to be also device specific because it only happened recently with the 5s. Now recently my mother switched over to a Samsung blaze and it sounds horrible too, it could just be the phones themselves at times.

My two cents.

-Luis

• Like 1

I do want to add to this that it seems to be a problem with iPhones and Tmo's network. I call other people on other networks with iPhones, but calling my one friend on Tmo that has an iPhone is horrible. Calling any other N5 sounds amazing, as well as other Android phones on Tmo. When I was on Sprint, I had the same problem with my friend's Tmo iPhone. It seems to be also device specific because it only happened recently with the 5s. Now recently my mother switched over to a Samsung blaze and it sounds horrible too, it could just be the phones themselves at times.

My two cents.

-Luis

iPhone 5/5c/5s has this very aggressive noise canceling algorithm that's very distinct and can be very polarizing. Some people absolutely hate it, some love it. That said, I have a few interesting observations in regards to voice quality on T-Mobile's network.

- When originating and terminating a call within T-Mobile's network between two HD Voice capable devices sound quality is absolutely stellar. Never had a similar experience on any other carrier.

- T-Mobile (iPhone 5s, N5, S5) + AT&T (iPhone 5s, N5, S4), call is Full Rate, very clear with a very solid dynamic range. 

- T-Mobile (iPhone 5s, N5, S5) + Verizon (iPhone 5s, Note3) = degradation much more noticeable.

- T-Mobile (iPhone 5s, N5, S5) + Sprint (N5, S4) = very poor quality, most likely due to the extreme compression. Comparable to GSM quality.

Why this is all happening I have no idea, but my guess is inter network call agreements, rather than individual network limitations.

• Like 1