Tapatalk records all of the links you click.

Ascertion

So you are concerned that Tapatalk tracks the links you click out of their app? Or are you saying they track links that you click in other apps? I'm not concerned about the former, but I am the latter.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

So you are concerned that Tapatalk tracks the links you click out of their app? Or are you saying they track links that you click in other apps? I'm not concerned about the former, but I am the latter.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

They track the links within the app.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Hmmm. If I read this correctly, it's also the same reason why when you post something on Facebook it redirects you first to a bit.ly redirecting page. It tracks this to know where the link got clicked (IIRC), it's all part of statistics, and it helps tailor certains ads and/or links to other websites for the things you seem to like. IDK why tapatalk would do it, but that might be an answer.

-Luis

They track the links within the app.

Sent from my LG-LS980

So the Tapatalk app tracks what the Tapatalk is doing?  I just can't say that I care about that.  But I suppose I can understand why someone might.

Anymore, I just assume that every app tracks what I do with it.  I don't though want it tracking things I do in other apps.  That would be crossing the line.  

I'm no fan of Tapatalk, anyway.  So no skin off my back.  I wish that Forum Runner still supported their product and kept up to date.  Just to have a choice.  Tapatalk is essentially a monopoly now.

Robert

• Like 4

So the Tapatalk app tracks what the Tapatalk is doing? I just can't say that I care about that. But I suppose I can understand why someone might.

Anymore, I just assume that every app tracks what I do with it. I don't though want it tracking things I do in other apps. That would be crossing the line.

I'm no fan of Tapatalk, anyway. So no skin off my back. I wish that Forum Runner still supported their product and kept up to date. Just to have a choice. Tapatalk is essentially a monopoly now.

Robert

Well, for me not only is the privacy thing an issue (minor one for me.) But the amount of time it takes for it to redirect the Tapatalk ref link into the actual link in my browser takes ages. With the redirect removed, opening links from Tapatalk into my browser has become a lot quicker.

Sent from my LG-LS980