Sprint tower upgrade steps

I don't know if I'm missing anything or can't find any info but is there a fairly clear and straight forward guide to the steps that towers undergo to be upgraded to 3G and then to LTE? 

Is there a way to create such a list or thread for this? If not maybe someone could answer some of my questions that I'm still curious about. 

I haven't been able to find out what backhaul means and also when towers are waiting to be upgraded could there be an issue with the equipment vendor or the property owner where the tower resides or government permits to get it upgraded? I'm guessing it could be any of these but are there issues more prevalent in some areas or with Sprint overall?

What is the difference between acceptance and backhaul? Is acceptance when the equipment has been installed and both the vendor approves it and then Sprint approves it?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions and I apologize if they've all ben answered. 

Getting backhaul to my tower is big april fools JOKE !

hahahaha.   I saw them running fiber to my site.  I hope they have enough pairs because att and verizon are upgrading this site also.   Im actually starting school soon for fiber splicing/repairing.  

• Like 2

I don't know if I'm missing anything or can't find any info but is there a fairly clear and straight forward guide to the steps that towers undergo to be upgraded to 3G and then to LTE? 

Is there a way to create such a list or thread for this? If not maybe someone could answer some of my questions that I'm still curious about. 

I haven't been able to find out what backhaul means and also when towers are waiting to be upgraded could there be an issue with the equipment vendor or the property owner where the tower resides or government permits to get it upgraded? I'm guessing it could be any of these but are there issues more prevalent in some areas or with Sprint overall?

What is the difference between acceptance and backhaul? Is acceptance when the equipment has been installed and both the vendor approves it and then Sprint approves it?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions and I apologize if they've all ben answered. 

Back-haul is either fiber or some other type of high-speed link for the use of LTE.  LTE can't be brought online for tesing or commercial use without the high-speed back-haul in place, you can't use bundled T1 lines for LTE operation.  Sprint's legacy CDMA 3G EV-DO uses bundled T1 connections which was perfectly fine 8 years ago.   

And yes there can be issues where its difficult to get in contact with the lease/landowner to upgrade a site.  If its not that then its a back-haul related issue where ISPs fail to have the new back-haul installed before crews get there to upgrade the site.  Crews will still install all the new Network Vision gear and just use the legacy back-haul (T1s) until the high-speed access is brought to the site.  Pretty much every Sprint market has ran into constraints where high speed back-haul hasn't been brought to sites, eventually they will get the back-haul its just a matter of when and patience.  

Acceptance is where an inspector has signed off on the work that has been done and what can be brought online depends on whether the new back-haul is in place.  

• Like 1

Back-haul is either fiber or some other type of high-speed link for the use of LTE.  LTE can't be brought online for tesing or commercial use without the high-speed back-haul in place, you can't use bundled T1 lines for LTE operation.  Sprint's legacy CDMA 3G EV-DO uses bundled T1 connections which was perfectly fine 8 years ago.   

And yes there can be issues where its difficult to get in contact with the lease/landowner to upgrade a site.  If its not that then its a back-haul related issue where ISPs fail to have the new back-haul installed before crews get there to upgrade the site.  Crews will still install all the new Network Vision gear and just use the legacy back-haul (T1s) until the high-speed access is brought to the site.  Pretty much every Sprint market has ran into constraints where high speed back-haul hasn't been brought to sites, eventually they will get the back-haul its just a matter of when and patience.  

Acceptance is where an inspector has signed off on the work that has been done and what can be brought online depends on whether the new back-haul is in place.  

Thank you!