LTE Network Design Intern Job with Sprint

kyle_4thousand

So I just applied for this position.. Since I'm not engineering I think it will be a long shot but I know some people on here may be interested in something like this so I thought I would post about it. I feel like the majority of us on here could do very well in this position. 

Link -> http://www.sprint.jobs/job/Overland-Park-LTE-Network-Design-Intern-KS-Job-KS-66062/36909700/

So I just applied for this position.. Since I'm not engineering I think it will be a long shot but I know some people on here may be interested in something like this so I thought I would post about it. I feel like the majority of us on here could do very well in this position. 

Link -> http://www.sprint.jobs/job/Overland-Park-LTE-Network-Design-Intern-KS-Job-KS-66062/36909700/

I see my comments about intern's over the past year or so have been spot on ;)

• Like 2

What is your academic major, GPA, experience?

What is your academic major, GPA, experience?

Major is Economics, minor in statistics. GPA is 3.2 and I've worked at an HR consulting firm part time for the last year. As for experience with network related stuff, basically just being an active member on here for the last 6 months and doing my own reading on LTE technology.

I hate the GPA requirement.  Yes a lot of it is because mine always sucked, but GPA is a terrible measurement of abilities.

I agree.. Most people don't have a resume like mine, or know what I've done to get where I am. Sure I've got some blotches on my transcript, but those where because of external factors that where more important to focus my energy on at the time. Compare that to a kid who's never left campus all 4 years and had everything paid for by mommy and daddy. That's definitely not me.

• Like 1

college degree is a stupid thing to require to, I think if you got a lot of experience in something similar or in the field. You go with the guy who has the experience over the college degree.

"I can't get a job because I have no experience and I can't obtain experience because no one will hire me."

:frantic:

• Like 2

college degree is a stupid thing to require to, I think if you got a lot of experience in something similar or in the field. You go with the guy who has the experience over the college degree.

Now that depends on the job,... 

If I'm hiring an engineer or a doctor, I want them to prove they rigorously studied all the important things at one point that are important to the job. Getting that degree shows dedication to all aspects of the presented material, and not just knowledge in a niche area I found interesting. I may be biased because I'm graduating in May with an Electrical Engineering degree, but having gone through the process I can truthfully tell you there's a big difference. I've had more experience with real engineering before college than some people get years after college, but I still wouldn't have hired me without a degree. The quest for my degree has shown me insight into different methods of solving the problem, that I'm able to use alongside my natural abilities to enhance the end result. I feel my experience makes my solutions more practical when applicable, but also reserved to make a judgement until I've analyzed the problem a bit. 

I agree.. Most people don't have a resume like mine, or know what I've done to get where I am. Sure I've got some blotches on my transcript, but those where because of external factors that where more important to focus my energy on at the time. Compare that to a kid who's never left campus all 4 years and had everything paid for by mommy and daddy. That's definitely not me.

I can fully understand. I've worked full time and have been given nothing during my time in school. Good luck to you in all that you do!

• Like 1

yup i agree i had experience for a job they even said it but was denied because i didn't have a degree.   Such bs.     Been in telecommunications for over 3 years

• Like 1

Trust me i know.  I've spent over ten years trying to earn a degree. I know and have learned the hard way.  Not everyone fits the educational model of college.

• Like 1

I work in tech; no degree; manage people with Master's degrees.

However, I understand the insurance needed, so am slowly accumulating credit hours from an online degree mill ("accredited" of course).

• Like 1