Is there any hope for CDMA

I am pretty sure that CDMA is a newer technology standard than GSM. Didn't it come out in 1995 or 1996? It was considered a more modern network standard that offered higher quality calls, less interference and fewer dropped calls compared to GSM. Verizon and Sprint seem to be committed to keeping CDMA around until around 2020. VoLTE is the future, but Sprint isn't committing all of its time and money to strengthening it's CDMA network with 1xA on 800 mhz and upgrading CDMA on 1900 mhz just to abandon it in a couple of years. 1xA on 800 mhz will be unrivaled for its capacity and range once NV is completed. I think CDMA is pretty safe for quite a while. Besides, most GSM is also actually a variant of CDMA, anyway.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure that CDMA is a newer technology standard than GSM. Didn't it come out in 1995 or 1996? It was considered a more modern network standard that offered higher quality calls, less interference and fewer dropped calls compared to GSM. Verizon and Sprint seem to be committed to keeping CDMA around until around 2020. VoLTE is the future, but Sprint isn't committing all of its time and money to strengthening it's CDMA network with 1xA on 800 mhz and upgrading CDMA on 1900 mhz just to abandon it in a couple of years. 1xA on 800 mhz will be unrivaled for its capacity and range once NV is completed. I think CDMA is pretty safe for quite a while. Besides, most GSM is also actually a variant of CDMA, anyway.

ok. No I know nv is complete but for the majority of the 50 mile radius of my town/towns nv doesn't seem to be good. I mean it's good each tower is live with lte but all my service does is kicks me off lte and I airplane mode back in to it or I'm stuck with .20 3G. I don't pay my bill which is why in still with sprint soon I will be paying my own bill but with seeing sprint service now I just want to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread comes across as "trollish."  The title, in particular, is terrible.

If members want to use this thread to ask questions and clear up misconceptions, that is fine.  But staff will be watching and may close the thread if it becomes a problem.

AJ

• Like 5

This thread comes across as "trollish." The title, in particular, is terrible.

If members want to use this thread to ask questions and clear up misconceptions, that is fine. But staff will be watching and may close the thread if it becomes a problem.

AJ

thanks for the tip u can just close the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk