4 RRU sites

DaQue

As I understand it high capacity sites get 4 RRUs per panel and the other sites get 3. Does this mean those with 4 use another 5 mhz  carrier and is that outside of the G block?

As I understand it high capacity sites get 4 RRUs per panel and the other sites get 3. Does this mean those with 4 use another 5 mhz  carrier and is that outside of the G block?

There will be an additional carrier outside of the G block. It will be extra carriers for 1900 voice and 3G. Only one carrier for LTE currently. ABQ market has several of these sites. Robert explained it to me during the summer when I noticed three or four.

• Like 1

There will be an additional carrier outside of the G block. It will be extra carriers for 1900 voice and 3G. Only one carrier for LTE currently. ABQ market has several of these sites. Robert explained it to me during the summer when I noticed three or four.

Thanks. I wonder if they could do another LTE carrier with just the one LTE RRU. I think I read they could add a card to the base equipment for it but don't remember if the RRU is up to it. It won't matter much once 800 or 2600 LTE is up and spark tastic  but right now I think a few places the LTE is a bit crowded at the moment.

They just put up the RRUs 4 per panel that I can see from my apartment door yesterday. I guess I lucked out 3 g wise.

Edited by DaQue

Thanks. I wonder if they could do another LTE carrier with just the one LTE RRU. I think I read they could add a card to the base equipment for it but don't remember if the RRU is up to it. It won't matter much once 800 or 2600 LTE is up and spark tastic  but right now I think a few places the LTE is a bit crowded at the moment.

They just put up the RRUs 4 per panel that I can see from my apartment door yesterday. I guess I lucked out 3 g wise.

They could be two RRU with differerent downtilt. One for the far edges of the cell radius and the other close.

I guess I understood how the panels were set up wrong. I thought there were 2 1900 antennas one for CDMA and one for LTE and a third antenna for 800. There are only 3 motors to control downtilt, you can see them in the pictures, and there are 6 antenna coax hookups. 2 pairs marked for 1900 + and -, and one pair for 800 + and -.