Question for Sprint retail employees about "Upgrade Now"

lilg740

So I am thinking about upgrading me and my wifes phones. We are 13 and 16 months into our contracts, respectively. I was chatting with Customer Care last night and they told me that I was eligible for "Upgrade Now" with fees of $200 and $150 based on the duration of our service/contract. I was then transfered to telesales chat where I was told that I am not eligible for "Upgrade Now" because it does not list it under "contract details box" on my Sprint. Do any of you guys know why Care would says I am eligible but telesales says otherwise?

So I am thinking about upgrading me and my wifes phones. We are 13 and 16 months into our contracts, respectively. I was chatting with Customer Care last night and they told me that I was eligible for "Upgrade Now" with fees of $200 and $150 based on the duration of our service/contract. I was then transfered to telesales chat where I was told that I am not eligible for "Upgrade Now" because it does not list it under "contract details box" on my Sprint. Do any of you guys know why Care would says I am eligible but telesales says otherwise?

I am under the impression that Telesales cannot handle Upgrade Now transactions. In fact, I believe only Account Services can, as well as Corporate Retail Stores.

Isn't "One up" a better deal anyway? (Unless you want to keep one of the old plans)

Ya i want to keep my my everything data share 1500 its like 20 or 30 ollars cheaper a month and i dont pay the bill. And with One Up you have to give them your phone and if im not mistaken you dont own the phone and you have to give them the phone back every time you upgrade. I like owni g my phones outright actually but cant pay $800 for a phone.

Ya i want to keep my my everything data share 1500 its like 20 or 30 ollars cheaper a month and i dont pay the bill. And with One Up you have to give them your phone and if im not mistaken you dont own the phone and you have to give them the phone back every time you upgrade. I like owni g my phones outright actually but cant pay $800 for a phone.

You own it's once it's paid off

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free

On the Sprint website, they now list Oklahoma stores along with Florida and DC for not being eligible for One Up, so it seems like more and more people aren't able to use that option, anyway. If you go to the website and locate a store, it will list the stores where you can do the Upgrade Now program.

Well you either fullfil your agreement or give back the phone and upgrade.

Right, so if you upgrade at 12 months you are out all of that money you paid towards that phone......

Right, so if you upgrade at 12 months you are out all of that money you paid towards that phone......

Simple pay it off fully before signing back up and keep the phone. Or sign a contact pay 200 for the phone then at 12 months pay msrp and keep both phones.

People wanted a cheaper option to upgrade yearly with out paying full price for a phone and got it. One up is for people that always want to have a newer phone and with the success sprint and other carriers are having with these programs I would guess many people are happy with the option.

Simple pay it off fully before signing back up and keep the phone. Or sign a contact pay 200 for the phone then at 12 months pay msrp and keep both phones.

People wanted a cheaper option to upgrade yearly with out paying full price for a phone and got it. One up is for people that always want to have a newer phone and with the success sprint and other carriers are having with these programs I would guess many people are happy with the option.

Right, I'm not complaining its just not for me....And how would it work for a family plan? Does everyone have to be on one up? 

And speaking of giving the phone back if I were to switch to One Up, does the phone I give back need to be the phone i bought at last upgrade or can i activate some old cheap flip some and turn that in?

No not everyone has to be on one up. In fact the max an account have financed at one time is 3 phones. The one up is just a $15 discount for signing up. Only the financed lines need to be on my way plans.An example would be for a typical two line or three line family would be like.

Line one.

My way 50

Data. 30

Tep. 11

One up. -15

Gs4. 24

=. 91

Line 2

My way 40

Data. 30

Tep. 11

One up. -15

Gs4. 24

=. 81

And say a texting phone for jr.

Line 3.

My way 30

Blocked data 0

Grand total is 202 and two people are able to always get new phones.

And speaking of giving the phone back if I were to switch to One Up, does the phone I give back need to be the phone i bought at last upgrade or can i activate some old cheap flip some and turn that in?

Offical answer is it's suppose to be the phone model you signed for a contract with or switched to through insurance or what ever. Real life they probably won't care in the store unless you are being obvious about the fraud.

Now in 12 months when you do the give back it must be the phone you financed and it has to be in good shape. That's why TEP is so important you can't do the give back if it's broken.

Offical answer is it's suppose to be the phone model you signed for a contract with or switched to through insurance or what ever. Real life they probably won't care in the store unless you are being obvious about the fraud.

Now in 12 months when you do the give back it must be the phone you financed and it has to be in good shape. That's why TEP is so important you can't do the give back if it's broken.

Ya, I will not purchase insurance on a phone....its just not worth it....

If you do one up with no insurance you are going to have a bad time. Say you break your phone after paying only 1 payment you still got 23 to go. So you will either be using a broke phone for 2 years or a used phone while still paying the full price of the device and not being able to upgrade until you pay it off since you wouldn't be able to fulfill the requirements for upgrading at 12 months.

Also you should spend an hour in a busy store with techs and see how many people wish they had insurance.

Isn't "One up" a better deal anyway? (Unless you want to keep one of the old plans)

It depends on the route you want to go. Upgrade Now still has a contract, and you pay the discounted price for the phone. One Up on the other hand has no contract extension, and you end up paying the full retail price for the device over the course of the 24 month installment billing agreement. It depends on what route you want to go really.

Also keep in mind, when entering into One Up, if you are still within 13-19 months since your last phone purchase, you are required to give up your current phone to Sprint, without compensation as part of the program. One up is not eligible <12 months, and 20+ months is standard upgrade eligibility. Upgrade Now on the other hand requires you to utilize Sprint's Buyback program (in essence also giving up your phone, but you get credit for it, One Up you do not get any credit if you are between 13-19 months).

Ya, I will not purchase insurance on a phone....its just not worth it....

One Up requires you to return your device in working (and near perfect) condition if you upgrade again before 24 months. If the device breaks, you are still responsible for making the remaining payments, regardless of how or why it is broken. With One Up you are essentially just leasing your device until it is fully paid for, it is still Sprint property until paid in full. If your device was replaced at all, it must have been with a certified replacement. Getting a phone from anywhere other than Asurion (TEP/ERP) or a Sprint store will likely not qualify as a certified replacement.

We are 16 months into our contract and the Upgrade Now was not available.  If you contact care, you can buy into it early to get the 20 month upgrade.  We just got this done for $50 to get our upgrade early.  At the end, we got the normal upgrade early without going through "Upgrade Now" option.