Has anyone looked into Sprint's Market of New York City?

Septi-band (850/900/AWS/1900/2600/3500) or bust! :tu:

Are you talking about ISM 900 (902-928 MHz) or EGSM band (880-915 / 925-960 MHz)? And when you say "3600", you're referring to 3.4-3.6 GHz band or the 3.6-3.8 GHz band?

Yes ISN and I'm talking specifically about 3.6 since that's what I have a licence for.

-Will

Yes ISN and I'm talking specifically about 3.6 since that's what I have a licence for.

-Will

Well, there's no LTE band for ISM 900. And of course, only LTE TDD could run on it. No one particularly wants to define an ISM 900 band for LTE, given how complex it is to use for such a network...

There's a band that covers 3.6-3.8GHz, which is Band 43.

Well, there's no LTE band for ISM 900. And of course, only LTE TDD could run on it. No one particularly wants to define an ISM 900 band for LTE, given how complex it is to use for such a network... There's a band that covers 3.6-3.8GHz, which is Band 43.

I have been using 900 for testing with no I'll effects on 10 & 20 MHz TDD setups. I dont care what it is classified as, it works for high speed mobile broadband.

-Will

I have been using 900 for testing with no I'll effects on 10 & 20 MHz TDD setups. I dont care what it is classified as, it works for high speed mobile broadband.

-Will

Well, if there're no ill effects, then my next question is, how are you providing wireless broadband service over it? Are you using LTE, WiMAX, or something else?

How well does that work? I've heard quite a few stories and read a few journal papers about the tech, but I'd rather hear about some empirical results...

From preliminary results, quite nicely sans a few bumps.  I should note that these hiccups are from lack of adjacent cells to continue on with cell transitioning.  As the network grows so does the depth of the testing.   I am going to forgo spilling all the marbles as I already have spoken of the bands I will use, but the ability to maintain a simultaneous connection to 2 or more serving cells [antenna panel] has proven to be a real winner in terms of throughput. 

My highest MSSTDMA test yielded just over 91mbps on 2 separate 10mhz TDD channels. I think what should be most noted about my variances to MSSTDMA is that it combines network architecture aggregation & device aggregation & due to spectral recycling (depending on antenna layout) you can effectively cover more physical area with high-speed broadband.  MSS- is just a build on to the old TDMA protocol & adds multiple streams of connectivity.

Someone mentioned combining with Sprint to use all of 896-928 for MSS wideband LTE and VOLTE.  I am not sure how that would play out but certainly VOIP has been trialed over TDMA before.

-Will

From preliminary results, quite nicely sans a few bumps.  I should note that these hiccups are from lack of adjacent cells to continue on with cell transitioning.  As the network grows so does the depth of the testing.   I am going to forgo spilling all the marbles as I already have spoken of the bands I will use, but the ability to maintain a simultaneous connection to 2 or more serving cells [antenna panel] has proven to be a real winner in terms of throughput. 

My highest MSSTDMA test yielded just over 91mbps on 2 separate 10mhz TDD channels. I think what should be most noted about my variances to MSSTDMA is that it combines network architecture aggregation & device aggregation & due to spectral recycling (depending on antenna layout) you can effectively cover more physical area with high-speed broadband.  MSS- is just a build on to the old TDMA protocol & adds multiple streams of connectivity.

Someone mentioned combining with Sprint to use all of 896-928 for MSS wideband LTE and VOLTE.  I am not sure how that would play out but certainly VOIP has been trialed over TDMA before.

-Will

I don't think the 896-928 MHz band has been FCC approved for wideband operations.

I don't think the 896-928 MHz band has been FCC approved for wideband operations.

Well, Sprint doesn't own the licenses between Cellular and ISM. Those are owned by Aircell (who does business as Gogo), used specifically for ATG operations.

As for ISM, the main issue isn't "wideband", but tolerance. The network technology must be very resilient against interference in order to be classified as an ISM-usable technology. That spectrum is shared with licensed and unlicensed users, and all must accept interference and adjust accordingly.